Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default Re: NBA players are upset an Asian 2nd year player received a big contract

and its reallly ridiculous to even compare Lins potential to jerome james and flip murray.

Lin also makes whatever team hes on tons of cash. If a NBA player or fan is too dumb to realize that, then that's their problem
    Last edited by BrooklynZoo; 07-16-2012 at 01:34 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: NBA players are upset an Asian 2nd year player received a big contract

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    the point is, other players (on his own team) werent talking about what a terrible contract it was. For the most part, players have toed the union line that any contact is not a topic of discussion. For players on his own (past) team to call it ridiculous is a new (and, frankly, unprofessional) avenue. I am sure Billy Hunter is livid at this.
    The only reason you know what JR Smith said about it is that a reporter was near him when the story came out.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    We've only heard one player that was truly upset with Lin (Smith). Melo only said the way it was backloaded was ridiculous. And it kind of is (that's what Houston had to do to keep him).
    ^This^

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

You mean Third year?
    He was in the 2010 draft.

Dumbass millionaires b!tchng about how much someone else is getting paid......they need to look at the poor economy of america and count their blessings. You don't see Mark Cuban or Donald Trump crying about Bill Gates. There will always be someone who has more than you....move on.

If this is true, players have no business being pissed at Lin. He's just a guy getting money thrown at him...not a single one of these guys would say shit if it was him standing in Lin's shoes.

NBA players SHOULD be looking at owners and GMs, saying "You assholes just locked us out, f*cked our season up, put us through the most grueling season in recent memory that injured the living f*ck out of half of this league's players and put the rest of us at extremely increased injury risk...all because you cried up and down to Stern that you were losing too much money. But please, continue to throw ridiculous pay days at low level players, bitch that stars don't want to play for your franchises...and then tell everyone in the world that the real issue was a few points of BRI. And by the way, f*ck you."

does houston really think dwight will stay in houston?

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    Since you bring race into it, out of nowhere black players with a phenomenal 10 game run has been done before in the NBA. Not one got near the contract Lin got.
    and out of nowhere, Black players got drafted and signed based on "pure athleticism".

I'm more than sure there was a non Black kid out there who didn't jump as high but had a better all around game that was overlooked.

7-time NBA All-Star

I think people get annoyed at the overexposure for Lin, much like Tebow(although I don't think much of Tebow as a player, and get sick of hearing about his religion), but that's another matter. Even as a Knick, I have to say the Lin hype was excessive and knew he wouldn't keep up that level, but it was a cool story, coming out of nowhere and sparking a disappointing Knick team. of course many others get into the whole Oriental kid from Harvard, which admittedly, is very unusual in the NBA. But not that interesting to me.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

Knicks should have just offered him 8.5 million a year.

Problem would not have existed.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    and out of nowhere, Black players got drafted and signed based on "pure athleticism".

I'm more than sure there was a non Black kid out there who didn't jump as high but had a better all around game that was overlooked.
    damn shame smh miles could of been something

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

He sells tickets and jerseys, that alone is enough to warrant his contract

LOL @ the Rockets way overpaying Lin just because a lot of people who share his ethnic persuasion will buy a lot of borax. Way to put a winning team on the court. And then people scoff about the NBA being like the WWE...

Quote Originally Posted by lakersfan2046
    Sure. The old racism card! Never fails.

Lin is overrated. Kid had a nice story but next year it will be all about basketball. He is a pg averaging 5 turnovers a night. Sucks. I don't care what color he is, the kid is average. You think Asians will care about him when he plays in god forsaken Houston and averages 5 turnovers? Doubt it. They will be too busy discussing Lebron vs. Kobe just like the rest of us
    I know right? Racism doesn't exist anymore. At least from White People.

asians, blacks, and hispanics are the new racists! [COLOR="White"]sarcasm[/COLOR]

But I think jeremy lin (as an asian player) is a good player for an asian guy. Five Turnovers is a lot but I think as an asian player jeremy lin will have to improve that.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9512
    I know right? Racism doesn't exist anymore. At least from White People.

asians, blacks, and hispanics are the new racists! [COLOR="White"]sarcasm[/COLOR]

But I think jeremy lin (as an asian player) is a good player for an asian guy. Five Turnovers is a lot but I think as an asian player jeremy lin will have to improve that.
    man u need help talkin like dat