Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    College star

Default Re: Lakers woking on Sign & Trade to acquire OJ Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBloodMoney
    The Grizzlies already have 3 PGs and 4-5 Forwards. Exactly why do they need these studs known as McRoberts and the legendary Steve Blake? Memphis is already wayyyy above the cap and I doubt they would wanna pay luxury for TRASH players. If they weren't TRASH players, laker fans wouldnt whine about having a terrible bench.
    Since they are such "TRASH" players, then why did the Grizzlies make 2-3 failed attempts to acquire McRoberts? They just like fondling "TRASH" players in their spare time, huh? I provided insight based on well documented and recent past events. You provide misplaced satire and the the number of forwards and point guards the Grizzlies currently have (as if no team has ever waived or sent unnecessary players to their D-League team). What does that have to do with what I stated, which was that the Grizzlies clearly have been interested in McRoberts for two seasons now, and so making it seem as if there is no logic what so ever behind this trade rumor is an erroneous point of view? I even said it likely won't happen based on financial capabilities.

It doesn't take Lakers fans' whining to illustrate they have a terrible bench. Worst scoring bench in the league last year. What does that have to do with, as I said in my post, a team's perceived value of a player?

Some of you fans of other teams are as insecure as a rapper's wife during during tour Do you think getting pissy on a message board at a team that historically just makes the right moves to attain championships is really going to change that fact?

Lakers fans are annoying as **** for feeling overly entitled to every player that can dribble and chew gum simultaneously. But you posters that immediately get pissed off at every Laker trade rumor are equally annoying, and more sad than anything else.

For christ's sake, the Grizzlies tried to make this same exact trade with the Pacers on two separate occasions. But because it involves the Lakers, suddenly it's an unrealistic trade idea constructed from the whims of delusional Laker fans. Again, the same trade that the Grizzlies pursued twice.

Mayo will not be a Laker. But, it's not because of this "trash" involved. It's because Mayo would likely not sign for that far under his trade value.

Decent playground baller TexasBloodMoney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Since they are such "TRASH" players, then why did the Grizzlies make 2-3 failed attempts to acquire McRoberts? They just like fondling "TRASH" players in their spare time, huh? I provided insight based on well documented and recent past events. You provide misplaced satire and the the number of forwards and point guards the Grizzlies currently have (as if no team has ever waived or sent unnecessary players to their D-League team). What does that have to do with what I stated, which was that the Grizzlies clearly have been interested in McRoberts for two seasons now, and so making it seem as if there is no logic what so ever behind this trade rumor is an erroneous point of view? I even said it likely won't happen based on financial capabilities.

It doesn't take Lakers fans' whining to illustrate they have a terrible bench. Worst scoring bench in the league last year. What does that have to do with, as I said in my post, a team's perceived value of a player?

Some of you fans of other teams are as insecure as a rapper's wife during during tour Do you think getting pissy on a message board at a team that historically just makes the right moves to attain championships is really going to change that fact?

Lakers fans are annoying as **** for feeling overly entitled to every player that can dribble and chew gum simultaneously. But you posters that immediately get pissed off at every Laker trade rumor are equally annoying, and more sad than anything else.

For christ's sake, the Grizzlies tried to make this same exact trade with the Pacers on two separate occasions. But because it involves the Lakers, suddenly it's an unrealistic trade idea constructed from the whims of delusional Laker fans. Again, the same trade that the Grizzlies pursued twice.

Mayo will not be a Laker. But, it's not because of this "trash" involved. It's because Mayo would likely not sign for that far under his trade value.
    Insecure? You're talking about rumors from 2 seasons ago.....Defending Josh McRoberts.......Im pretty sure the Grizzlies are just fine with Speights and Bayless.

Learning to shoot layups

if somehow the lakers dumb mcroberts and mwp > mayo, then wow.
    only saying that cause it seems like something the lakers could pull off

College star

Insecure? You're talking about rumors from 2 seasons ago.....Defending Josh McRoberts.......Im pretty sure the Grizzlies are just fine with Speights and Bayless.
    How about, 6 months ago? And, how about not rumors, but actual failed negotiations?

I'm pretty sure you're a member of the Grizzlies front office, and know exactly what their objectives are and the value they place on players.

Oh wait.

This. I love people in here acting like they know what the Grizzlies need based of of trades that didn't happen with different rosters. Grizzlies already have Conley, Bayless, Selby, Wroten, and Pargo who can all play PG, they also have Speights, Arthur, Cunningham, Randolph, and Gasol as their signed bigs. If anything they want a 3pt threat that is a SF or at least a decent sized SG but Hollins already said he'd rather have full on basketball players rather than just a shooter. No to mention that they only have a $1.2mil trade exception so they can't absorb those contracts even if they did (which they don't) want Blake and McRoberts. Grizzlies also have a pure PG on their summer league team they are interested in that they could sign for al,ost nothing and that's only if they don't trade or cut Pargo.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by zac
    This. I love people in here acting like they know what the Grizzlies need based of of trades that didn't happen with different rosters. Grizzlies already have Conley, Bayless, Selby, Wroten, and Pargo who can all play PG, they also have Speights, Arthur, Cunningham, Randolph, and Gasol as their signed bigs. If anything they want a 3pt threat that is a SF or at least a decent sized SG but Hollins already said he'd rather have full on basketball players rather than just a shooter. No to mention that they only have a $1.2mil trade exception so they can't absorb those contracts even if they did (which they don't) want Blake and McRoberts. Grizzlies also have a pure PG on their summer league team they are interested in that they could sign for al,ost nothing and that's only if they don't trade or cut Pargo.
    You being a Grizzlies fan, I can accept your knowledge of the situation, especially since I don't follow the team closely.

But, again, to say this trade rumor is just the frame of a Lakers pipe dream is wrong. The Grizzlies just attempted to trade Mayo for McRoberts 6 months ago. New roster or not, my point was, and still is, that they have exhibited consistent interest (for, again, whatever reason) in McRoberts.
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 07-16-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Lakers are slowly rebuilding the Kobe-Shaq combo with the expectation falling on Andrew Bynum and OJ Mayo.

You being a Grizzlies fan, I can accept your knowledge of the situation, especially since I don't follow the team closely.

But, again, to say this trade rumor is just the frame of a Lakers pipe dream is wrong. The Grizzlies just attempted to trade Mayo for McRoberts 6 months ago. New roster or not, my point was, and still is, that they have exhibited consistent interest (for, again, whatever reason) in McRoberts.
    That was during a time when the Grizzlies weren't as solid in their back up bigs. That was also before McRoberts proved he was useless on a good team. The Grizzlies started last season with Brian Skinner and Josh Davis on their team as back up bigs. Google that and it will blow your mind. They also lost Arthur before the season started as well as Randolph like 6 games in.

Darell Arthur being inured is a reason we were interested. Also, as we knew oj was wanting a big pay day and wouldnt be on the team this year, we figured might as well dump him while he has some value and fill a need. OJ is looking for around 8 million this contract. He made less than half of that when the trade talks were on. We signed Mo speights and Dante Cunningham after the trade talks. We filled our need, and now Arthur is going to be playing. We signed Jared Bayless for backup point and our first round pick Tony Wroten is a pg. OJ is looking for big money which we definately would not do as a sign and trade. We are already almost 5 mill in the tax. You think we are about to add possibly 8 million dollars? Alot has changed in 6 months.

[IMG]http://www.lolbrary.com/*******/807/deal-with-it-3807.jpg[/IMG]

I don't get picked last at the park anymore xoneatom's Avatar

ain't ganna believe it till it happens cause if you guys haven't noticed, most of trades that mitch kupchak does are always out of nowhere, rarely ever leaked or heard of before it happens.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

mayo shud come to tha knicks

Banned

Why is this thread even still around? You've still got people coming in here who think this was a legitimate story. Mods too busy taking the day off to jay off, per usual.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    Well he

Financially, he would be an idiot to come to the Lakers; would love him, but I don't see it happening. However, if he came here for a little while, Kobe and Nash could sure teach him a thing or two that would greatly benefit him.