Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: If u were starting a franchise which one would u draft: lebron or hakeem

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Those Lakers teams were only one of the greatest teams of all time and when the Rockets did get past them, they had in front of them the Boston Celtics, you know, another team that's considered GOAT teams in NBA history.
    Obvious. I didn't fault him for losing to the Celtics.

LBJ lost to a great Spurs dynasty in his first Finals but he hasn't beat any team that was as good as those Lakers or Celtics teams of the 80s.
    He also didn't have a Ralph Sampson.

Just admit that he's had better teammates than Bron did in Cleveland already.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Default Re: If u were starting a franchise which one would u draft: lebron or hakeem

Lebron, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Obvious. I didn't fault him for losing to the Celtics.

He also didn't have a Ralph Sampson.

Just admit that he's had better teammates than Bron did in Cleveland already.
    Okay, I'll admit Hakeem had better team mates and you admit LBJ has faced weaker competition, who has he faced and beat on par with those 80's Lakers/Celtics? I'll give you and won't fault LBJ for losing to the Spurs but he did lose to Howard and a bunch of shooters and an injured Celtics team...

Okay, I'll admit Hakeem had better team mates and you admit LBJ has faced weaker competition, who has he faced and beat on par with those 80's Lakers/Celtics? I'll give you and won't fault LBJ for losing to the Spurs but he did lose to Howard and a bunch of shooters and an injured Celtics team...
    I never said he faced competition on the level of the Lakers/Celtics Then again, it's not the Lakers and the Celtics were the ones denying Hakeem entry into the second round all those years either.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Lebron but very close for me

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Meh, you have to remember LeBron was still a young dude leading his team, maybe it just wasn't his time yet because LBJ also underperformed in some of those series the Cavs lost, you even have some people claiming he quit on his team. I really believe the Cavs were close, if LeBron stayed in Cleveland, I really believe with a few adjustments in their roster here and there and LeBron maturing, the Cavs could've eventually reach the top.
    Thats a little bit far fetched considering,his competition would have been boston,bulls,OKC,lakers,san antonio.I have a hard time believing lebron could have won a ring against these teams.

Let me put it this way against magic he put up 38-8-8 on 50% and still lost the series.In the first game he scored 49 on 67%.If he hadnt won with those kind of performances..... You see what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    How did Dream have better cast both years?

Houston Rockets in '94

PG: Kenny Smith (was outplayed by every PG in the playoffs)
    SG: Maxwell (Second best scorer who averaged 13.8 points on 38% shooting)
    SF: Horry (2nd year pro)
    PF: Thorpe (1-time all-star)

Houston Rockets in '95

PG: Kenny Smith (was outplayed again)
    SG: Drexler (old but was still ballin', no Wade though)
    SF: Mario Elie
    PF: Horry

Compare that to 2012 Miami Heat:

PG: Mario Chalmers
    SG: Dwyane Wade
    PF: Chris Bosh
    C: Joel Anthony

Are you serious?
    LeBron didn't play with those guys in 2007

moron

really, it depends how my roster is looking like.

but i might pick Hakeem 7 times out of 10.

I don't like Lebron at all.......but I would take him over Hakeem.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

In the Jordan vs. Wilt thread I, along with many others, said to pick the big man...

but I think LeBron just brings so much to your team it's hard to pass up on him.

I'm still leaning towards Hakeem, but this would be an extremely tough decision.

BEAST

Hakeem

all i have to do is make sure hakeem and lbj becomes best friends an eventually he will come too

why just get 1 when you can have both