Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

Default Re: Vote: If you were starting a franchise, would you rather have a young Kobe or Duncan?

Duncan.

Kobe's trade demands in the summer of 2007 are the tiebreaker for me, with Duncan you know the dude isn't going to demand a trade. Also, I think he is a better teammate and a better leader than Kobe who is prone to throwing people under the bus.

Default Re: Vote: If you were starting a franchise, would you rather have a young Kobe or Duncan?

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Kobe. More marketable. Players are more likely to want to come there because he has more appeal.
    Where have you been?

Made that high school varsity squad

I hate these type of questions b/c i always feel it's a knock to Kobe. Truthfully, you ALWAYS are supposed to pick a big man over a guard. That's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011
    I hate these type of questions b/c i always feel it's a knock to Kobe. Truthfully, you ALWAYS are supposed to pick a big man over a guard. That's just how it is.

It USED TO be that way.....but the reality is that this league is now very clearly run by SGs and SFs

Duncan simply because I believe big man are more valuable.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Kobe at 22? So I can skip his first couple of years of him being average?

I'll take Kobe then. He's won 5 rings with multiple supporting cast, Kobe has been the 1 consistent piece.

He's also proven he can win alongside 1 other very good player, while the rest of the team is composed of role players.

TD is hard to pass on but I feel Kobe can/will do more with less.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    Kobe at 22? So I can skip his first couple of years of him being average?

I'll take Kobe then. He's won 5 rings with multiple supporting cast, Kobe has been the 1 consistent piece.

He's also proven he can win alongside 1 other very good player, while the rest of the team is composed of role players.

TD is hard to pass on but I feel Kobe can/will do more with less.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbarumorz
    I don't think it's much of a debate. TD is obviously an amazing player but could he have done it if he didn't have Ginobili and Parker, all three were all-star caliber players?

With Kobe the dude is marketable, more of a fan-favorite than Duncan when they are both young, and can carry a team better (IMO). Take Kobe everyday

Kobe has had some great players around him more so than Duncan. He played with Shaq arguably the most dominant center and then throw in other players like Pau Gasol(career 20/10 guy), Bynum, Odom, etc..

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

There is nothing easy about this decision you ****ing idiots. I'd pick Duncs because it would be easier to build around a big then a guard. Kobe however is right there, longer longevity, hard worker, clutch as shot and very competitive. Its very very close, sick of ppl choosing one over the other and claiming it's an easy choice, clearly emphasizing your agenda and stupidity.

Decent playground baller thelucifer69's Avatar

TD

He 1st option in any championship run even 2007

Manu Ginobili not All star till 2005

Tony Parker not All star till 2006

Best way to start franchise is from inside, except Bulls - Michael Jordan & Heat 2012 every Champion team in last 20 yrs has Dominant Big

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

tough call, but I will go with the rule of thumb

Duncan.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    Let me guess, Pau Gasol was 2010 MVP, and Duncans never played with a stacked supporting cast?

Duncans teams, excusing 99 have always been stacked from top to bottom.

The 09 & 10 Lakers were in no way stacked, had one of the worst benches in the leauge & had nobody other than Kobe & Pau as a scoring threat.

Go ahead, tell me how dominate Bynum was durring those finals runs?

Tell me about the inconsistent Odom.

Tell me about Trevor Ariza who was a journey man Sf who had played for several teams in 3 years.

Let's not forget DA GAWD D fish running point.

Tim Duncan, its not even close.

/thread

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

I think you have to go with the big, if it's close. It's easier to find perimeter offensive talent, and bigs obviously have more defensive impact.