Local High School Star KB2009Champ's Avatar

Default Re: O.J Mayo to PHX?

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    dragic
    oj
    beasly
    frye
    gortat

an interesting starting 5. gonna be a fun team to watch next season.

They will get eaten alive on D but will be fun to watch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

With the perimeter shooting of our backcourt i don't think frye is necessary to start. plus, morris' shot has developed so much i think he fits better as a starter overall. frye was very inconsistent last season. i really hope he has developed some post moves and will try to go there more next season. i think he takes too many long jumpers and threes.

he's gonna get overpaid.. no doubt lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by roffie
    he's gonna get overpaid.. no doubt lol
    I think the Suns put a good price on Beasley so I have a bit more faith on the franchise's offer to Mayo.

If New Orleans retains Gordon, how about we amnesty Josh Childress(gonna happen anyways) and a good chunk of that money towards signing OJ Mayo for SG and Kris Humphries for PF to give us a lineup of:

PG: Goran Dragic / Kendall Marshall / Sebastian Telfair
    SG: O.J. Mayo / Michael Redd
    SF: Michael Beasley / Jared Dudley / Hakim Warrick
    PF: Kris Humphries / Markieff Morris
    C: Marcin Gortat / Channing Frye

That wouldn't look all too bad for a team that just started rebuilding like a week and a half ago.
    Last edited by wagexslave; 07-12-2012 at 01:51 PM.

I'm not terribly interested in Mayo on the Suns. Not to say he wouldn't be a good fit, but I'd rather them sign someone to a one year deal and keep themselves in play for FA's next offseason. They're not going to be good, so let's get a higher draft pick, and spend money somewhere else later. Just my opinion. No more bandaids.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Suns should say screw it and go small with Beasley at the 4. Run teams to death.

Lineup:
    1- Dragic
    2- Mayo
    3- Dudley
    4- Beasley
    5- Gortat

Bench:
    marshall, Frye, Warrick, Childress, Morris

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoopfan
    Suns should say screw it and go small with Beasley at the 4. Run teams to death.

Lineup:
    1- Dragic
    2- Mayo
    3- Dudley
    4- Beasley
    5- Gortat

Bench:
    marshall, Frye, Warrick, Childress, Morris
    Been there, done that. Time to move on IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    I'm not terribly interested in Mayo on the Suns. Not to say he wouldn't be a good fit, but I'd rather them sign someone to a one year deal and keep themselves in play for FA's next offseason. They're not going to be good, so let's get a higher draft pick, and spend money somewhere else later. Just my opinion. No more bandaids.
    If they can sign a young player with solid potential like Mayo at a good price right now, why gamble on next year? If we can amnesty Childress and sign Mayo for around the same amount of money per year as we'd be paying Childress during that period of time, no harm done.

If any of these players pan out, we could always try and make some trades for some good players in the future. But right now we have to remember that this is a rebuilding process and we can't simply gamble on what MIGHT happen years from now, we need to take advantage of the opportunities we have right now.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    dragic
    oj
    beasly
    frye
    gortat

an interesting starting 5. gonna be a fun team to watch next season.
    Definitely a fun team but the best part is they got some young solid pieces for the future. Dragic is probably the closest thing we have to Nash in this league(besides Nash obv) and Mayo still has some great potential.

If I was the Suns they will need to make Beasley their 6th man and get Dudley starting at SF. No way a defensive and smart player like Dudley is on the bench. They could start Beasley at the 4 as Gortat is a solid defensive player but I think the best role would be a 6th man role(30+min)

Dragic
    Mayo
    Dudley
    Morris
    Gortat
    6th- Beasley
    Lopez, Marshall, Frye, etc bench

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Definitely a fun team but the best part is they got some young solid pieces for the future
    THIS!

I love how this offseason is going mostly because we have lost nothing but old guys like Grant "Over The" Hill and Steve Nash, and we're not trying to sign old players to replace them with, like we have so often in the past.

This is by far the youngest the Suns have been in a LONG time. They went from being one of the oldest teams in the league for many years with Nash, Hill, Shaq, Carter, Bell, J-Rich, Marion, etc, to now going to be one of the youngest teams in the league. As a Suns fan, this really excites me.

Learning to shoot layups

I'd most def love a Suns team looking like this.

PG Dragic
    SG Mayo
    SF Beas
    PF Morris
    C Gortat

2nd Unit

PG Bassy/Marshall
    SG Shannon
    SF Dudley
    PF Frye
    C RoLo

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
    If Phoenix can get the best out of Beasley and Mayo they have a hell of a duo. Beas and Mayo are living in the shadow of Rose, Westbrook and the others from the 08 class.

they'll have the opportunity to prove their true potential in phoenix. i have been big on mayo since the draft, was a bit disappointing in him not being the superstar i imagined him to be, but he's still a great player.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
    They will get eaten alive on D but will be fun to watch.
    Just like the Suns for the past 10 years lol

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    If they can sign a young player with solid potential like Mayo at a good price right now, why gamble on next year? If we can amnesty Childress and sign Mayo for around the same amount of money per year as we'd be paying Childress during that period of time, no harm done.

If any of these players pan out, we could always try and make some trades for some good players in the future. But right now we have to remember that this is a rebuilding process and we can't simply gamble on what MIGHT happen years from now, we need to take advantage of the opportunities we have right now.
    Because you aren't going to get Mayo on a Childress contract. Mayo knows the Suns are his best chance for a payday. I just don't want them to overpay for him. I think he'd be fine here, but I'm not really sold on a long term plan of Mayo, Beasley, and Dragic. I'm tired of fringe playoff teams that get low lottery picks.