Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Rockets considering amnestying Luis Scola to make room for Howard

Trade Scola to Charlotte for Matt Carroll (expirer).

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

the Rockets will NOT amnesty Scola!
    I know this because all the smart posters here on ISH told me that Scola is such a great performer and his contract is not that bad.

Only if they do infact have a deal in place

Learning to shoot layups Clove21's Avatar

So Houston basically wants to swap franchise positions with Orlando?

Fast-forward to the end of the season: Dwight walks as a free agent and they remain stuck with the bad contracts they took from Orlando

or

Fast-forward to trade deadline: Houston gets lowballed by the Nets because they know they have to trade Dwight by the deadline or end up with nothing at the end of the season.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    I know this because all the smart posters here on ISH told me that Scola is such a great performer and his contract is not that bad.
    Which is true. But

[QUOTE=NumberSix]Yeah, and I'm kicking my girl out to make sure there's room for Beyonc

I would be shocked if Scola got amnestied, but to all the people saying he "deserves" to be on a contender:

If they amnesty him the lottery teams get the first chance to claim him of waivers. No chance in hell he doesn't get picked up by any of them.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    Scola is a damn good player, and a steal at 3 years/21 million.

Made that high school varsity squad Kappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clove21
    So Houston basically wants to swap franchise positions with Orlando?

Fast-forward to the end of the season: Dwight walks as a free agent and they remain stuck with the bad contracts they took from Orlando

or

Fast-forward to trade deadline: Houston gets lowballed by the Nets because they know they have to trade Dwight by the deadline or end up with nothing at the end of the season.
    THIS!!

And, they would be taking Dwight away from Orlando and trying to talk him into staying by putting the same players around him that have netted nada, nil, zero titles in Orlando!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Houston has decided to use the amnesty provision on Luis Scola and will likely file with NBA on Friday, league sources tell Y! Sports.
    Shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Kappy
    THIS!!

And, they would be taking Dwight away from Orlando and trying to talk him into staying by putting the same players around him that have netted nada, nil, zero titles in Orlando!

Morey is not trading him for brooklyns crap. Hes not Hennigan.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Scola is a damn good player, and a steal at 3 years/21 million.
    try closer to $10m per year.
    32 years old. 16pts, 6 boards