Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: That sound you hear? Yeah, that's the collective gasp of 29 other NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Last time I checked, young teams don't win titles.
    This. Exactly when was the last time a "young" team won the championship?

Default Re: That sound you hear? Yeah, that's the collective gasp of 29 other NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Last time I checked, young teams don't win titles.
    what exactly were the bulls in 91? sorry if you weren't born yet to know.

last time i checked, teams that won game 3 didnt lose the finals... but heat did that last year. point is... there are firsts for everything. the thunder showed poise throughout the playoffs up until the finals when the stage scared their #3 and all their role players. the experience they gained from this year will only help them in the future

They only played once this year, so it is hard to gauge. But the grizzlies, without Zbo, beat the shit out of the Heat on the road ending i think their 19 game winning streak this year. Chris bosh cant hold the towel of a top 3 center when playing the 5. The Heat have a weakness. Lebron is godly, but if he is the biggest, physical person on your team, then a skilled 7 footer will have its way with your team.

lol the data goes right over your head.

Jordans Bulls had crap centers like Will Perdue, Wennington, and an old and beaten down Cartwright etc, who averaged almost nothing. And they were in a GENERATION OF CENTERS. We are not in a generation of centers in this day and age, in fact this generation is the worst generation ever for the position. The league is changing.

wake up.

you will after we string together these championship titles in Miami.

Banned

Hank, please stop posting that comic-inaccurate picture please.

I'm very excited for the Heat this upcoming season, we just won the 'ship and we just got better.

Allen and Lewis will no doubt be 40%+ 3pt shooters on this squad, realistically I'd like to see Ray get 30 minutes or so a game, and Lewis, 35 or so, at either the 4 or a stretch 5.

Ray Allen '12-13 15/5/3 on 46/42/98 shooting.
    Rashard Lewis '12-13 18/6/2 on 47/40/88 shooting.

I'd like to see us play Wade less and less minutes this year to save him for the playoffs, maybe around 28 mpg.

Banned

I know this isn't what I'd be saying if I was a heat fan, but honestly, objectively, the Lakers need to get howard.

We are going to be straight up robbed of 1,2 or maybe even 3 incredibly, incredibly EPIC finals series if the lakers dont. I mean jesus. Incredible. This could make the NBA as big as it was 20 years ago, it really could. Kobe and bron, nash, howard, allen.. omg..

I can't predict who would win.. but just imagine sitting your butt down on the couch to watch Nash Kobe MWP Pau Howard battle it out vs Chalmers Wade Allen Lebron Bosh in a game 7. Its worth it.

That does sound pretty badass. Get it done, Mitch!

Is that how you guys say it in LA?

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Why does the league reward this playground bullshit? What happened to real basketball?
    Stern is clearly no longer interested in "real basketball." He rigged a Finals to placate "the king" which just proves he knew about the Heat's plans the entire time. He just lied to avoid jail time. No we're seeing exactly why he's waved off suggestions to have a real playoff system. If the NBA were to change their playoff system, then Stern wouldn't be able to mess with it without drawing attention to himself. Bottom line is this dude needs to go as commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Stern is clearly no longer interested in "real basketball." He rigged a Finals to placate "the king" which just proves he knew about the Heat's plans the entire time. He just lied to avoid jail time. No we're seeing exactly why he's waved off suggestions to have a real playoff system. If the NBA were to change their playoff system, then Stern wouldn't be able to mess with it without drawing attention to himself. Bottom line is this dude needs to go as commissioner.
    Doesn't matter if he knew LeBron, Bosh, and Wade would all team up. He doesn't have the authority to stop a FREE AGENT from signing with a new team. Btw, if Stern wanted "the king" to win so bad, why didn't he just do it when LeBron was in Cleveland. Sure would've stopped LeBron from leaving.

*gasp gasp gasp*

you poor souls

Local High School Star TheeBeast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I know this isn't what I'd be saying if I was a heat fan, but honestly, objectively, the Lakers need to get howard.

We are going to be straight up robbed of 1,2 or maybe even 3 incredibly, incredibly EPIC finals series if the lakers dont. I mean jesus. Incredible. This could make the NBA as big as it was 20 years ago, it really could. Kobe and bron, nash, howard, allen.. omg..

I can't predict who would win.. but just imagine sitting your butt down on the couch to watch Nash Kobe MWP Pau Howard battle it out vs Chalmers Wade Allen Lebron Bosh in a game 7. Its worth it.
    Damn you gotta send this speech to Mitch, quickly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheeBeast
    Damn you gotta send this speech to Mitch, quickly.
    I would literally bankrupt this team for the next 10 years in order to have those next 3 years of howard. Something tells me the lakers are willing to do it.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    totally agree with you dude...I hate stern!

Will bump after OP makes another LeBron does not have a good enough supporting cast thread.