Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: That sound you hear? Yeah, that's the collective gasp of 29 other NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Apogee
    We took care of the pacers and the celtics. We would only have to worry about one team in the finals and i'm sure we'll make it work.
    "Took care" of two teams that just improved quite a bit in the off season.

"Took care" of two teams that were up in the series.

"Took care" of a team missing half its players, and needing seven games plus home court advantage to do so.

Okay. Enjoy the 2012-2013 season.

Default Re: That sound you hear? Yeah, that's the collective gasp of 29 other NBA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Everyone forgets all the trouble they had with legitimate scoring big men (Garnett, Hibbert). :
    that was without Bosh. When Bosh was playing they were toast

Decent playground baller Apogee's Avatar

"Took care" of two teams that just improved quite a bit in the off season.

"Took care" of two teams that were up in the series.

"Took care" of a team missing half its players, and needing seven games plus home court advantage to do so.

Okay. Enjoy the 2012-2013 season.
    I just meant we did what we had to do to get to the finals.

tl;dr

The HEAT got 2 steals this off-season which is scary, although anything is possible in the season... they're the favorites (unless Dwight goes to LA IMO) (which doesn't guarantee a title). And if they get Haywood, I might cry.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Everyone forgets all the trouble they had with legitimate scoring big men (Garnett, Hibbert). Hilarious.

Yes Heat, championship cruise again. We know, we know.

Heat >>>>> Lakers

Deal with it, son

Pacers
    Whatever team Dwight lands on
    Lakers
    Memphis
    Celtics

Off the top of my head.
    they already beat two of the teams on your list. what a reach

I understand your point, I really do but I don't think you are taking all of the possibilities in. They still have big bodies on the roster just in case, it's not like they are stuck in a no-center lineup. Also, there have been other teams that have done damage without a dominant defensive presence at the five in NBA History(look at the 90's bulls).

Also, Bosh has guarded center's in the past in a land far away from Miami. He played C pretty well for the Raps and he destroyed a few guys head to head like Howard. I think you are underrating his defense, he's not nearly as bad as people say or think he is. In the finals, he rebounded and protected the rim valiantly, blocking Durant and others to seal game 4 if I remember correctly.

Dude can play the 5 if they need him to plus Wade and Bron rebound really well and will pitch in to protect the defensive glass.

Now I'm not saying that they will be impervious to good post player at the 5, but I dont think it will break them. Bynum cant pass out of double teams, Gasol(Marc) isn't a dominant post scorer, I could see Z-Bo doing work but Dwight doesnt scare me. Dude can get his thirty at times but he's not that great of a scorer to me. Hibbert played the best ball of his life in that Heat series and cooled off, you can't be seriously saying that they are a threat because of him.

I could see the Heat having trouble with LAL/MEM and whatever team Dwight is on, but those teams have to worry about Bosh/Wade and James. One matchup isn't going to kill the Heat.
    Last edited by RaininTwos; 07-11-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    that was without Bosh. When Bosh was playing they were toast

You're right.

82-0, hand them the ring. In fact, why even play the season out? Let's skip to next year's draft and free agency. Maybe some other team might come close to the godly moves of Pat Riley by then.

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    tl;dr

The HEAT got 2 steals this off-season which is scary, although anything is possible in the season... they're the favorites (unless Dwight goes to LA IMO) (which doesn't guarantee a title). And if they get Haywood, I might cry.

College star

tl;dr

Rashard Lewis is a steal?

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    they already beat two of the teams on your list. what a reach
    Which both improved their rosters over the summer.

Whatever, Heat win another championship. You're right. Why bother arguing?

tl;dr

Rashard Lewis isn't a steal, have you paid attention to him recently? He's garbage these days. Heat also blew it in the NBA draft, so their offseason hasn't been great IMO

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    kobe and artest can slow down lebron. get grant hill and that's another body. not saying these guys will stop lebron, but they certainty help.
    Put the bath salts down

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Rashard Lewis is a steal?

STEAL !!!!

You are such a passive-aggressive female. Instead of arguing why you'd rather just give up and whine. I dont even understand the point of your posts anymore. This is just crying.

Exactly, just stfu and take your beating like a bitch.