Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Is Lebron Going to be the Next Jordan That Stops Players From Ever Winning a Ring?

We all remember how Michael Jordan stopped great players from ever winning a ring. The guy was just too dominate and a force that no one could stop. Many would be champions were left in the dark without a chance to ever capture a taste of winning it all and holding up the final trophy.

Lebron, with the Heat, could be the next Jordan, that stops even great players from ever winning a championship. Think Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, etc. All these players basically have to go through Lebron and the Heat, for the next 6-10 years.

Lebron has shown that he can win it all. He has proved the doubters wrong and won when the stakes were the highest. He is a force. Could be be that MJ like force that stops even the NBA's best players from ever reaching the promise land? I think he could be. Lebron may just be that guy that great players look back on, in history, and say, "Damn. If not for Lebron, I would of won a ring." Or, "I played in the Lebron era. If not for that, I would of won a ring."

Banned

Default Re: Is Lebron Going to be the Next Jordan That Stops Players From Ever Winning a Ring?

If he can become that kind of a force, he'll also be in the conversation for GOAT.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Default Re: Is Lebron Going to be the Next Jordan That Stops Players From Ever Winning a Ring?

I believe its too late for that.
    Dirk says "Hi"

Kobe and Duncan were. For a longer time than Jordan. Just like how Bird and Magic were. That's named dominance. I don't see Lebron doing it as every guy that matters in his generation is playing with him. And 5 years from now, Durant and the rest of the new gen could dish it out without him.

Local High School Star

No single player ever stopped everyone else from winning a ring. Great teams do that. Jordan never won a ring without HoGrant or Rodman anchoring the interior defense.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Durant, Rose, and Westbrook are going to be known as the biggest casualties of the Lebron Era.

I'm not sure if Lebron James can single handedly stop the players, but Michael Jordan didn't do it either. Now their teams on the other hand, could very well stop other teams from winning. To this day I still can't find any pictures or game tape where MJ or Lebron or Kobe or anybody has been on the court by themselves winning a ring.

Honestly, I don't think so. During the Bulls reign, I never was really in any doubt that they'd overcome the odds, even during the times when they were taken to the limit by the Knicks in 1992 and the Pacers in 1998. I always felt that Jordan would find a way to pull it out. I don't( yet) get that feeling from Lebron, the feeling where he will grip a team by its throat and rip it out. I don't see the same level of competitive obsession. There have been hints, occasional moments, but not consistently. Not saying winning isn't important to Lebron, but I honestly got the feeling that Jordan would run you over with a truck to beat you, or you'd have to do the same to him in beat him.

On another note, this Heat team doesn't strike me as unbeatable. Not in the way the 1992 and 1996 and 97 Bulls teams felt.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Please. Jordan was the force he was cuz he brought his "A game" every single. night...ALL SEASON. Broken toe, fever, cold, sprains....none of that mattered. Lebron doesn't have that mentality, and with this about to be his 10th year, he's never going to have it.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

No.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

To put it simply, no.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Please. Jordan was the force he was cuz he brought his "A game" every single. night...ALL SEASON. Broken toe, fever, cold, sprains....none of that mattered. Lebron doesn't have that mentality, and with this about to be his 10th year, he's never going to have it.
    He seemed pretty focused all the way to the very last game of last season.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    He seemed pretty focused all the way to the very last game of last season.
    Yeah, right. Lebron ONLY became "focused" when it was Game 6 vs the Celtics....win or go home...again. If it was really like that, Lebron fans WOULD NOT have been cryin' all year to fire Spo, trade Wade, trade Bosh, get rid of Battier/Miller/Haslem....etc.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 07-11-2012 at 04:09 PM.

He wins 1 ring in 9 years, and all of a sudden he is the next Jordan that stops players from winning a ring?