Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Lin averaged 14/6/3 last season
    Those aren't even good numbers. That includes his garbage time minutes games, bringing averages down.

For 26 games he played regular minutes:

34.2 Minutes
    18.5 PPG
    7.7 APG
    3.7 RPG
    2.0 SPG

Those numbers put him:

6th in scoring for point guards, tied with Kyrie Irving.
    9th in assists, tied with Tony Parker.
    9th in rebounds for PG, tied with Kyrie Irving and Ty Lawson.
    4th in steals for PG

Let's see Luke Ridnour do that........

Quote Originally Posted by martycrane
    dude is really overrated. not evej in the top 15 at his own position. not even in the top 20 probably

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Those aren't even good numbers. That includes his garbage time minutes games, bringing averages down.

For 26 games he played regular minutes:

34.2 Minutes
    18.5 PPG
    7.7 APG
    3.7 RPG
    2.0 SPG

Those numbers put him:

6th in scoring for point guards, tied with Kyrie Irving.
    9th in assists, tied with Tony Parker.
    9th in rebounds for PG, tied with Kyrie Irving and Ty Lawson.
    4th in steals for PG

Let's see Luke Ridnour do that........
    I know, I put the numbers with garbage time included to prove how stupid his post was. Even with half a season of garbage time, he still posted better numbers than Ridnour did at his peak.

lintastic!

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Don't talk nonsense. The News isn't a favorite source of mine, but they obviously don't "make up half" of their stories.

If a news source prints information that a party feels is false, and that injures their reputation, a lawsuit is a definite option. Not likely in this case, but an option nonetheless.

What exactly would be the News' motivation to print a completely false story about a player who is loved by so many in the city?

I think there's some truth to it, and Lin -- along with his people -- need to just keep a lid on things until the contract situation has been resolved.
    They make their money on ads and stupid headlines like this one sells papers. They're known for absurd stories and are the US version of "The Sun"

The story it self is nothing but speculation, you have an unknown league source saying that Lin is surprised that he didn't get an offer on the first day and that is turned into an article about him being annoyed.

The guy has an economics degree from Harverd, I have a hard time believing that he'd be shocked that the market would determine his price. We're not talking about a dumb as like Marbury here, everyone knew the knicks would just wait and see what teams offer him.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    They make their money on ads and stupid headlines like this one sells papers. They're known for absurd stories and are the US version of "The Sun"

The story it self is nothing but speculation, you have an unknown league source saying that Lin is surprised that he didn't get an offer on the first day and that is turned into an article about him being annoyed.

The guy has an economics degree from Harverd, I have a hard time believing that he'd be shocked that the market would determine his price. We're not talking about a dumb as like Marbury here, everyone knew the knicks would just wait and see what teams offer him.
    I think what you say applies more to the NY Post, but whatever.

Like I said, we'll see how this turns out. The News is getting heat for the story, so they may have to come out with something more explicit.

I'm sure Lin is very upset to be playing in New York with Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire instead of playing on a lottery team in Texas.

Especially at the same salary. Lin is upset, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Ummm, HE is the one that went out and tested the market. He is Linsane.
    I know, it said that the Rockets offered him 28 million for 4 years. 10+ the first 2 years, and 9 million + the 2 following that. That's over 40 million.

And it also said that the Knicks will match what the Rockets offer up to 1 BILLION.

Edit: Perhaps they meant a total of 10.2 million in the first two seasons. But still, the 1 billion mistake. Sounds like who ever wrote was excited to just get it out there, so never really check to find if anything it off. So I would take their word about Lin being upset, since it doesn't make sense that he would.

"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.
    Last edited by jstern; 07-11-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    I know, it said that the Rockets offered him 28 million for 4 years. 10+ the first 2 years, and 9 million + the 2 following that. That's over 40 million.

And it also said that the Knicks will match what the Rockets offer up to 1 BILLION.
    It says they pay him 10 million over the first 2 years, and then 9 a year for the next two. That is 28 million.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    It says they pay him 10 million over the first 2 years, and then 9 a year for the next two. That is 28 million.
    Yeah, I noticed the mistake and fixed it. It happens I guess.

Is Roy Hibbert upset also?

I blame this on Eric gordon and his utterly failure in comprehend what restricted free agent means. Poor fellow thought he had leverage and now off-course every RFA is upset if the story sells, period.

I think it was pretty common knowledge that both Lin and EJ were going to be matched

dont see how either dude can be upset. Only thing it could be was that the teams did not reach out and specifically tell the player or their agent "we will match any offer"

which should have been implied since both teams had said that publicly before free agency even began

Da Mavs

‏@JLin7

Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true

I usually hit open layups

smh at people believing the NY Daily News

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

No way Lin publicly said this. lol it's the new york tabloid doing their daily making up stories routine

nothing new here.