Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks

This guy is Luke Ridnoir at best, and at least Luke averaged 12/4/5 or so for an entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    This is clearly made up.
    So, the NY Daily News would expose themselves to a lawsuit by "making up" a story from absolutely nothing?

As bad as the media has has gotten these days, I don't think that's very likely.

Let's see if Lin comes out and addresses the situation himself, or through his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    This guy is Luke Ridnoir at best, and at least Luke averaged 12/4/5 or so for an entire season.
    Lin averaged 14/6/3 last season

Best of Both Worlds Dwyane Rose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Sounds like a made up story.
    Yep. Lin loves the Knicks organization and he did nothing but praise the coaching staff and organization for giving him opportunities during the post-game press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    So, the NY Daily News would expose themselves to a lawsuit by "making up" a story from absolutely nothing?

As bad as the media has has gotten these days, I don't think that's very likely.

Let's see if Lin comes out and addresses the situation himself, or through his agent.
    Their source could easily be unreliable or they could've taken a simple statement from a source and dramatized it into this...
    I'm sure this is absolutely nothing, and Lin will be fine. The bigger issue is if Landry Fields' departure will hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    Jeremy had much better numbers that that. Your sentence makes no sense. At least Luke had much worse numbers?

Jeremy being butthurt (which i honestly believe) doesn't mean he's a bad player. Nets are chasing Dwight Howard, top three player in the league and he's the biggest dickwad on the planet.

LIN UPSET

lol so it's cool if the Knicks don't offer their marquee players a contract and wait for other teams to do it just so they can match, but if the Clippers do it it's considered cheap.

k

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Daily News is a trashy paper that makes up half of its stories.
    And they can't get sued for speculating on someones emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Their source could easily be unreliable or they could've taken a simple statement from a source and dramatized it into this...
    I'm sure this is absolutely nothing, and Lin will be fine. The bigger issue is if Landry Fields' departure will hurt him.
    I just read the News' story by Mitch Lawrence, and it doesn't seem bogus to me.

Link

Regardless of whether the situation is being dramatized, or not, Lin has a LOT to prove this coming year. After the exposure at Miami, things pretty much headed south. Let's see if he can be solid for an entire year.

The bigger issue for him is that if any more stories like this come up, NYers will start to hate on him. He better be careful.

Fields is straight-up garbage. Now his minutes can be used by someone who can actually score.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Ah dat ivy league entitlement PLUS NBA entitlement. Dangerous.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

I just read the News' story by Mitch Lawrence, and it doesn't seem bogus to me.

Link

Regardless of whether the situation is being dramatized, or not, Lin has a LOT to prove this coming year. After the exposure at Miami, things pretty much headed south. Let's see if he can be solid for an entire year.

The bigger issue for him is that if any more stories like this come up, NYers will start to hate on him. He better be careful.

Fields is straight-up garbage. Now his minutes can be used by someone who can actually score.
    We're talking about this paper http://www.nydailynews.com/
    Is that what you consider news?

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Daily News is a trashy paper that makes up half of its stories.
    And they can't get sued for speculating on someones emotions.
    Don't talk nonsense. The News isn't a favorite source of mine, but they obviously don't "make up half" of their stories.

If a news source prints information that a party feels is false, and that injures their reputation, a lawsuit is a definite option. Not likely in this case, but an option nonetheless.

What exactly would be the News' motivation to print a completely false story about a player who is loved by so many in the city?

I think there's some truth to it, and Lin -- along with his people -- need to just keep a lid on things until the contract situation has been resolved.

I don't think players understand what Restricted Free Agency is anymore.

When you're Unrestricted, then you can bitch about a team not making you an offer.

Banned

dude is really overrated. not evej in the top 15 at his own position. not even in the top 20 probably