Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Jeremy Lin upset at Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Warners0
    The New York Knicks may have to patch things up with Jeremy Lin.

According to a report by the New York Daily News, Lin is upset that the Knicks didn't offer him a new contract before the Houston Rockets came calling with a lucraticve offer sheet.

Knicks Blog
    Looking for more Knicks news? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

Lin has verbally agreed to sign a four-year offer sheet with the Rockets. The deal reportedly is worth $28.8 million, with $10.2 million coming in the first two seasons and over $9 million in each of the last two.

Despite the Knicks insisting they would match the Rockets' offer, Lin still feels slighted, according to the Daily News.

"He was surprised that the Knicks didn't make the first move," a league source told the paper. "They know they've got to mend some fences with him because he believes what the Rockets have told him, that the Knicks weren't as interested as they are."

The Rockets had Lin in training camp last season, but waived him because they already had Kyle Lowry and Goran Dragic on their roster. Now that they've traded Lowry to Toronto, and with Dragic headed to Phoenix, Houston is trying to get Lin back.

However, Lin is almost certain to return to the Knicks, who can match the offer as early as Wednesday.

"They will match any offer on Lin up to 1 billion dollars," a source told ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Lin made $788,000 last season when he averaged 14.6 points, 6.2 assists and 3.1 rebounds in 35 games with 25 starts before his campaign was cut short because of surgery to repair torn cartilage in his knee.

"What he has to learn is that it's not personal," the source told the Daily News."The Knicks merely played by the rules.''

Lin, who went undrafted out of Harvard, became a sensation with a remarkable stretch in February, scoring at least 20 points in nine of 10 games. A high point of that span came Feb. 10, when he scored 38 points and had seven assists in a 92-85 win over the Lakers.

Lin's expected signing will highlight a busy offseason for the Knicks, who have reached an agreement with veteran playmaker Jason Kidd to back up Lin while reaching a sign-and-trade agreement to bring center Marcus Camby back to New York. J.R. Smith and Steve Novak also are expected to ink new deals.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ew-york-knicks
    It doesn't take long before a sense of self-entitlement kicks in.... Does it?

Banned

Didn't read thread but doesn't he have bird rights recently declared by the NBA? Meaning they can go over the cap to resign. Isn't this why they would want to resign him last? He has nothing to worry about once he got that big offer from Houston.

Looks like he clearly wanted to stay in NY prior to that

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease mikek85's Avatar

Jeremy Lin responded to ESPN, said he never said this, quote is a fake.

Burn this thread.

But Lin went on to tweet, "Lol why do u guys believe everything? No quotes from me = probably not true

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    And it also said that the Knicks will match what the Rockets offer up to 1 BILLION.
    What are you stupid? The statement "They will match lin up to 1 billion dollars" implies no matter what a team offers Lin they are matching. And are willing to go as high as the other team goes. How do you not read and comprehend that?

Knicks said they would match any offer
    Coach said that Lin absolutely would be back
    Knicks get two veteran PG to tutor Lin
    Lin says he isn't upset...

Lin is lying the guy that have to write something in order to get paid is telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    Knicks said they would match any offer
    Coach said that Lin absolutely would be back
    Knicks get two veteran PG to tutor Lin
    Lin says he isn't upset...

Lin is lying the guy that have to write something in order to get paid is telling the truth.
    Knicks told Lin to get an offer so he can get paid more. Knicks could only pay $24M over 4 years unless he got another offer. Knicks said go get that offer. He went and found a larger offer. The Knicks then matched it. And to show that, upon signing the Houston offer sheet, he hung out with members of the Knick front office. But he's mad.

It doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Knicks told Lin to get an offer so he can get paid more. Knicks could only pay $24M over 4 years unless he got another offer. Knicks said go get that offer. He went and found a larger offer. The Knicks then matched it. And to show that, upon signing the Houston offer sheet, he hung out with members of the Knick front office. But he's mad.

It doesn't make sense.
    I would say bullshit to that to any team but the Knicks
    Same reason i think Knicks might match Fields offer. Dollar for dollar absolutely doesn't scares Dolan

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    I would say bullshit to that to any team but the Knicks
    Same reason i think Knicks might match Fields offer. Dollar for dollar absolutely doesn't scares Dolan
    The rule in the CBA is the Knicks can only pay $24M. They can match any offer, but they cannot make a larger initial offer than $24M. That's not my opinion, it's fact. Lin had to get a better offer for the Knicks to match or he was capped at $24M.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The rule in the CBA is the Knicks can only pay $24M. They can match any offer, but they cannot make a larger initial offer than $24M. That's not my opinion, it's fact. Lin had to get a better offer for the Knicks to match or he was capped at $24M.
    I meant the Knicks wanting to pay more than they were allowed part.

Knicks brass "Hey guys if no one offers a contract to Lin, we will be able to keep him for cheap"
    Dolan "Not in my watch, give me a phone, Hey Lin it's Dolan, get you ass outthere and sign some big ass contract"

But thinking about it, it kind makes sense, you make the player happy, his agent and sends a message to the other players, there was a reason JR came back, he knows he is going to be taken care off.

I won't even be surprised if the Houston offer to Lin and the Camby trade are connected, by signing to a reasonable Houston offer, it cockblocked any stupid GM for making a Fields type of offer and the Knicks said thank you by giving a few more assets for Camby... u never know.