Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Dwightmare vs MeloDrama vs Decision

The shit with Dwight is the worst by a mile. Lebron had a TV show I saw 10 minutes of and heard his decision.

Dwight is in 2 years of trade demands, coach firing requests(he admitted he did it last year but not in 2012), will he wont he trade deadlines, signing the no opt out thing then demanding a trade anyway...dude talking suing the magic over it? Stories coming out on him fighting his teammates? hedo and others coming out saying they were on Stans side and Stan airing Dwight out about getting him fired?

Its been crazy...and annoying as hell. Bron was like a month of of questions and rumors after a year of "If they dont win it...will he stay?" talk.

But it was nothing like this. Melo wasnt this bad either.

Dwightmare! That's a legit nickname right there

The ISH'ers Champion!

The decision hands down. Ask a non-basketball fan about Dwight's melodrama and 95% would have no idea what's going on....Lebron James is synonymous to "the decision".. plain and simple. People easily choose to forget the real drama back in 10' ---all in light of current events. Dwight's drama is on par if not above Melo's.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 07-10-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    The decision hands down. Ask a non-basketball fan about Dwight's melodrama and 95% would have no idea what's going on....Lebron James is synonymous to "the decision".. plain and simple.
    I think this just goes to show you how much better LeBron is than those two since LeBron is actually known by everybody from a person who watches like 10 NBA games a year to an avid NBA fan.

The only player who has received more hate or as much hate as LeBron James receives in NBA history is probably Kobe Bryant. Both of whom are all-time NBA greats and were the best players or arguably the best player for a good amount of seasons.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I think this just goes to show you how much better LeBron is than those two since LeBron is actually known by everybody from a person who watches like 10 NBA games a year to an avid NBA fan.

The only player who has received more hate or as much hate as LeBron James receives in NBA history is probably Kobe Bryant. Both of whom are all-time NBA greats and were the best players or arguably the best player for a good amount of seasons.
    Lebron is the better player and because he's so, the league as well as other parties have marketed and still market him to death. Watching ESPN is like watching a Lebron commercial all day long...

Local High School Star

1. The Decision. The backlash of this was horrible.
    2. Dwightmare. Prolonged too long, made Dwight look like douche.
    3. Melo, not as bad as either, Denver got some good pieces and are still a playoff team.

Made that high school varsity squad

The Decision. Then Dwight stuff. Then melo stuff.

Lebron went from most loved, could do no wrong, to completely hated. In ways it did help expand his name out more. He was already popular, but this sorta made him blow up. He was the laughing stock of jokes and still is in some ways. Dumb Dumb Dumb move. Then his stupid ass PR team tried to clean it up and give the money to boys and girls club, ONLY b/c of the backlash, they were keeping that shit for themselves. But ESPN has helped tried to rebrand his image now that he's won, so this whole last season has been nothing but a lebron jerk fest, and pauk is enjoying himself.

Dwight would be 2nd. Reason he or Lebron isn't 1st is b/c they aren't superstars like Lebron. to me, there's only 2 real superstars in the league, Kobe and Lebron. both are household names, both are known worldwide, with kobe being known a lil more internationally. Dwight and Melo are just like there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    The Decision by far. Lebron went from one of the most loved athletes to the most hated in one fell swoop. Cleveland collectively burned his jerseys in effigy.
    I thought pretty much everyone hated lefraud back then too because of his personality and lack of heart. he went out in absolutely humiliating fashion vs the Celtics.

it's only recently since the nike/jew led pr marketing scheme that people have begun to like lefraud.

The Decision, easily. We'll never see a single moment like that again.

When Dwight leaves, Orlando will be glad to be rid of him. When Lebron left, Cleveland still wanted him to stay...afterwards, an entire state burned him in effigy and put f*cking voodoo curses on him and other ridiculous crap.

Pelican Brief

Hard to compare a moment verus holding a team hostage for 2 years... Smh

Also have to remember as much as Lebron's "image" was tarnished post decision, look at Dwight's image now. Behind the scenes it seems like people knew about Lebron's entourage, demands, larger than life lifestyle... Dwight was the exact opposite for years. Wholesome, Christian, didn't he say he was a virgin or some sh*t? Heard he wanted a cross on the NBA logo when he was drafted on OTL today. Now look @ him. Superman is now folding his arms into the top 5 hated.

Dwightmare easily trumps LeBron's decision. At least LeBron wasn't crying like a lil baby asking out, he played out his contract, got Cleveland a couple years of glory(an NBA Finals and 2 ECFs, 2 straight years with the best record in the league) and then proceeded to shit on their faces.

Dwight has been holding the franchise on hostage, making the franchise making moves just to appease him while getting no insurance for D12 staying. He couldn't even make his mind up, saying he was staying once and then said he was leaving couple days later. In the end I can't believe he signed the opt out waiver anyways, while everyone knew he was gone sooner or later. And then he demanded to be traded to the Nets only, and made rumors about "The Magic Blackmailing him".

Melo's wasn't that bad, he wanted New York, and he got it. He sticked with his decision and went through with it. Jokes on him how Denver was somehow a better team after the trade. He'd probably feel stupid now after this.

Indecision > the Decision (In terms of torturing a franchise)

Learning to shoot layups

The 3 of them are very inmature, but Dwight took it to another level.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RicksPlace
    The 3 of them are very inmature, but Dwight took it to another level.

The Decision, easily. Completely changed the game. MVP and best player in the world abandoning his 60+ win team to tag with the 2nd best player in the world? And he did it on prime time national television? Free agency with superstars will never be the same again, and we'll forever be talking about Lebron, D-Wade, Bosh and the Heat tagging up even twenty years after they're both long retired and into the Hall of Fame.

Not to mention it literally damaged an entire city's economy and completely embarrassed the entire population on a national scale.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

It's hard to compare them. LeBron did his as a FA. Not to downplay it but his didn't effect team chemistry or anything. Carmelo pretty much ruined Denver's chemistry. Dwight's is the worst in my mind. He's carrying on far more than Melo and dragging things out. Carmelo atleast entertained the idea or other teams and pretty much helped Denver force NY to give the farm.

Dwight
    Carmelo
    LeBron

Technically for me. However I think you can make a case for LeBron over both Carmelo and Dwight because of the fact he really started superstar team up. After him the domino's kinda fell. Plus the decision was just so gross. The season was done, played out his contract etc. make it last for me. I wouldn't argue if anyone had it number 1.