Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Dan Gilbert is a hypocrite- How does he justify helping Nets?

If getting involved in this trade makes his team better than why shouldn't they get involved. Ultimately its the players that are causing these super teams to form not owners like Gilbert.

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    It only make sense if they gets brooks and picks...
    I find it odd they're asking for Brooks after drafting Waiters

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

It's not happening.

Edit: and people hating on Gilbert are just plain idiots. He's a great owner. Clevelanders love him. Not one player, coach, or exec ever came out and said something negative about playing or working for the cavs. IF he was such an asshole, why did Z head right back to Cleveland after he retired?

An owner's job is to spend money and Gilbert does it without regard. I'm sure many other franchises out there WISH they would have an owner that actually gives a rat's ass about the clubs they own and is willing to spend money.
    Last edited by DukeDelonte13; 07-09-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    I find it odd they're asking for Brooks after drafting Waiters
    Brooks can start, and Waiters can provide a scoring punch off the bench, just like he did in collage. Makes sense.

the enemy of my enemy is my friend

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Knicksfans bout to be mad.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Note: This is not an anti Nets topic (in no way should Net fans apologize for ripping Orlando off) nor an anti Cav topic (it's not a fans fault their owners are stupid, trust me - i know). This is about Dan Gilbert.

Dan Gilbert not only railed against the Lebron trade (for betraying him, blah blah) but also the fairness of it, the fact stars were teaming up, the fact it was bad for small markets, etc.

This also came out in his diatribe against the Chris Paul trade, which he again cited issues of fairness, etc.

Well guess what? Dan Gilbert is going to help the Nets facilitate bringing their two stars together in Brooklyn, and helping Dwight Howard make a fellow small market owner take it up the ass on his way out of town.

How exactly can he justify this? How much of a hypocrite is he? And note: if this in someway is a plan to hurt Lebron's chances, he is even stupider than i thought. Because he's putting up a huge roadblock to his own team, a team i'm assuming he'd like to contend at some point.

Dan Gilbert is a hypocrite. We already knew he was a bitter angry old man, i had no idea he had no integrity either. He can't even hold to his own (albeit misguided) principles.

Dear Dan - your job is to help Cleveland win, nothing else. Enjoy Humphries, the Nets beating your ass, Miami still beating your ass, and your high draft pick from last year not playing or developing this year as he sits on his ass. Oh, also enjoy Kylie Irving leaving in a few years because Cleveland can't compete with two juggernauts in the East instead of one.
    That's exactly what it is about. But, I don't think it's stupid. He knows the Cavs are years away. In the meantime, he potentially foils LeBron-- I've long said that a team that pairs Howard with even a marginally elite perimeter player could rule the league, and Deron qualifies. And I said this with the Nets in mind without even considering that they'd have JJ too.

And then, by the time the Cavs could be in position to contend, both the Heat and Nets will be nearing the end of their eras of prospective dominance. So, he thwarts James by potentially creating an alternate dynasty-- one that he'd much prefer-- while the Cavs bide their time and get better until they have an opening to ascend in the East. Win-win.
    Last edited by jrong; 07-09-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Note: This is not an anti Nets topic (in no way should Net fans apologize for ripping Orlando off) nor an anti Cav topic (it's not a fans fault their owners are stupid, trust me - i know). This is about Dan Gilbert.

Dan Gilbert not only railed against the Lebron trade (for betraying him, blah blah) but also the fairness of it, the fact stars were teaming up, the fact it was bad for small markets, etc.

This also came out in his diatribe against the Chris Paul trade, which he again cited issues of fairness, etc.

Well guess what? Dan Gilbert is going to help the Nets facilitate bringing their two stars together in Brooklyn, and helping Dwight Howard make a fellow small market owner take it up the ass on his way out of town.

How exactly can he justify this? How much of a hypocrite is he? And note: if this in someway is a plan to hurt Lebron's chances, he is even stupider than i thought. Because he's putting up a huge roadblock to his own team, a team i'm assuming he'd like to contend at some point.

Dan Gilbert is a hypocrite. We already knew he was a bitter angry old man, i had no idea he had no integrity either. He can't even hold to his own (albeit misguided) principles.

Dear Dan - your job is to help Cleveland win, nothing else. Enjoy Humphries, the Nets beating your ass, Miami still beating your ass, and your high draft pick from last year not playing or developing this year as he sits on his ass. Oh, also enjoy Kylie Irving leaving in a few years because Cleveland can't compete with two juggernauts in the East instead of one.
    U know Gilbert did a sign and trade with the Heat for Lebron, right? He is just trying to improve his team.

Umm Dwight is gone anyways. The Magic is desperate in trading him. If anything Dan Gilbert helps Orlando move their unwanted piece.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Yes how dare he acquire picks and assets in a trade that is going to happen regardless of whether or not his team is involved. Unforgivable.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

What an idiotic post, from beginning to end. Howard has been completely forthright with Orlando and his desire to play elsewhere, so that automatically makes this completely nothing like what transpired with James. There is no comparison, really, which makes this sound like a bunch of pointless whining by a fan of a team who has nothing to do with this deal.

The complete details of the proposed deal have not been released, so I will reserve judgment until/if it happens... But if it makes the Cavs better, I'm all for it.

Btw, this is about improving the Cavs... Nothing more. And I doubt Gilbert is even all that involved with it. Chris Grant has complete control over personnel issues. Gilbert isn't Jerry Jones.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-09-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    What an idiotic post, from beginning to end. Howard has been completely forthright with Orlando and his desire to play elsewhere, so that automatically makes this completely nothing like what transpired with James. There is no comparison, really, which makes this sound like a bunch of pointless whining by a fan of a team who has nothing to do with this deal.

The complete details of the proposed deal have not been released, so I will reserve judgment until/if it happens... But if it makes the Cavs better, I'm all for it.
    Did you see his letter about Paul trade? How is this different?

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Hes obviously doing this to stick it to LeBron, and rightfully so. I hate the nets, but i hate the Heat even more. If the Nets gets Howard they could potentially knock the CHeat off sometime in the playoffs

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Did you see his letter about Paul trade? How is this different?
    A crap team is becoming a contender instead of a contender staying that way for 10 more years.

You're an idiot, and your opinion is not justified. It would make sense if Gilbert actually said "Chris Paul to the Lakers is not fair because it just hands them a championship". Sadly for your argument he didn't say that at all. He said that the trade would bring added salary to the Hornets, which would screw the 29 owners in the league because they owned the Hornets, and had to pay the cheques. It would also make the team a lot harder to sell to a new owner than another trade would.

Again idiotic thread.