Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Dan Gilbert is a hypocrite- How does he justify helping Nets?

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    Brooks can start, and Waiters can provide a scoring punch off the bench, just like he did in collage. Makes sense.
    Yeah you draft a guy in a deep class 4th overall and use him as a bench player over a guy who went late first in a weak draft. Makes sense. No really.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#002b60]In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

[B]"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
    You started the argument idiot, and now you are telling me it's futile do argue?

Take you owned ass out of here.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=261321

[QUOTE=Blue&Orange]Where was the great Heat defense when the game was 31-29 with Melo having a bad game?

Let me guess Heat "decided" to raise the effort when the refs started screwing up... amazing coincidence?

JR gets hacked going to the basket by two players, no call, just a couple of minutes later Chalmers misses an open layup and gets a call when nobody touched him.

Lebron bullying Melo in every play, getting away with every type of contact, Lebron flops and Melo is called for a push off? Are you kidding me, even JVG said he would stop talking right there

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Hmm. Probably coz his team gets a draft pick as well as cash for a player that could be signed without that. Why not welcome the cash and pick? C'mon...
    The OP is talking about principles not benefits.

Banned

no he isnt. He set out to specifically not help the lakers. thewhole big market thing is a sham.

people are tired of us winning.

The amount of incompetence Gilbert has is amazing. Couldn't get anyone to play alongside LeBron that wasn't either washed up or garbage. To be fair, I don't blame him for that letter he wrote that was anti-Lebron. He was pissed, it just happened, kind of one of those heat of the moment deals. Was it the wrong thing to do? Yes. Is it understandable why he did it? Yes. However, his bitchfest toward the CP3 trade was pretty childish and this has made it all the worst. I hope Cleveland can get a different owner. This guy is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
    Only Dan Gilbert.....gift wrapping a superstar to a team in his own conference at the expense of trying to stop LeBron from winning.

Funny thing is, it won't work!
    This wouldn't surprise me at all. I doubt he gives that much of a damn about his team anymore.

It's extremely funny and ironic how mad Knicks fans are at this.

When Carmelo Anthony acts like a bit[COLOR="Black"]ch[/COLOR] ass spoiled brat and forces his team to trade him to the Knicks (and only to the Knicks), everything is normal NBA business. Carmelo was going to leave Denver anyway, they still got a little something (Raymond Felton) in return, so no one can complain right?
    Then when Dwight Howard does the exact same they are outraged and it's the most unfair trade ever.

Hey guess what assholes? The Carmelo situation was literally the exact same thing. Right down to the unwarranted involvement of a third team. I guess they are just mad that if this deal goes through, the Knicks are the clear second rate team in New York.
    Last edited by LJJ; 07-09-2012 at 07:52 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    what i don't get is why they're going after hump after they passed up on robinson in the draft. hump is just a lesser version of robinson, especially if you're gong to factor in their contracts.
    This was never about the Cavs wanting Humphries, which is why it has now stalled. The Cavs wanted Humphries to re-sign with the Nets for one year and they were going to do a sign-and-trade for him simply as a favor to the Nets, which would then "make the money right" and facilitate the trade of Howard. For the Cavs doing this, they were going to be repaid by getting a first round pick.

A wrench has been thrown into it exactly because the Cavs don't want to invest much of anything into Humphries. He wants a multi-year deal and the Cavs want nothing to do with that. They just likely wanted to let him expire after one season or use him as a chip in some other deal.

It was all about doing the Nets a solid and in return getting another draft pick.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    This wouldn't surprise me at all. I doubt he gives that much of a damn about his team anymore.
    Oh, yeah... Clearly not. Even though he basically bought the Clippers' pick last year for $20 million (which became Kyrie) and did it again this year by taking on Walton's contract in that Sessions deal that brought them an additional late draft pick (ultimately became Zeller).

He's handing out money like this is Monopoly... And was about to do it again for Humphries just to get an additional draft pick in 2013.

But, he doesn't give a damn about the team, right?

Gilbert is exactly the kind of owner that every franchise should want and that has nothing to do with any of the nonsense you are talking about. It is because he is willing to spend money to improve the team.

Idiot.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-10-2012 at 03:04 AM.