Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: 3-on-3: Jordan, Magic, Bird vs Kobe, LeBron, Durant

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I disagree because we are talking about Kobe in his prime, which you were probably too young to remember.

Kobe was straight up an alpha male and there will be no way he takes a backseat to Lebron or Durant.

Lebron and Durant are still just as passive. They listen to Kobe now...what makes you think they won't listen to prime freaking Kobe.

They would be in awe because he scored 81 points.
    You said in another thread that you were a Kobe hater, yet every post I see of yours has something to do with how great Kobe Bryant is.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Have some of you even played 3 on 3 before?

The game is different then a full court 5 on 5 game or a one on one matchup. It isn't as individual based like some of you make it out to be, it becomes more compact in a sense. One's natural instinct is to believe that individual match ups will prevail, and to some degree this is true, but not the norm. I think both teams have a hard time guarding one another on individual match ups, but it comes down to team execution. I'm far more confident that the old school wins because they can execute better.

I can easily see Magic standing at the top of the key as Bird and MJ take turns coming off screens and curls. I don't see the same being the case for the younger team because aside from Bron, it isn't in their nature to play that way on a consistent basis.

While the young guns would try to beat them one on one, the Old timers would be running game on them with pick and rolls, give and gos and tons of mid range pop shots.

And...

Mj can guard whoever gets hot more effectively then anybody from the young squad can.

Quote Originally Posted by DurantFor40
    Magic > LeBron

Bird = Durant
    Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Magic vs. LeBron = I'd say slight advantage Magic

Ok... now i have heard everything....

Magic had a more accomplished career, but to think that he also was a more talented individual overall player than Lebron despite all the facts showing you the complete opposite is extremly hallucinatory...

1on1:
    Lebron would be able to defend Magic MUCH better than he could defend him...
    Lebron would be able to score on Magic MUCH better than Magic could on Lebron...
    Magic would get absolutely humiliated....

In game:
    The only noticable advantage Magic has is his passing in which Lebron is not a sucker at himself anyways being the best passer in NBA history at that size (only behind Magic) and best player with pointguard skills at that size (only behind Magic).... then Lebron is a MUCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (notice the many letters) better scorer and MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH (notice the even more letters) better defender....
    Last edited by pauk; 07-09-2012 at 10:42 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

I dunno about this.

On one, Jordan/Magic/Bird have higher basketball I.Q., better shooting, better post game, and more desire.

LeBron/Durant/Kobe are better defensively as a group though and more athletic.

Jordan evens the scales quite a bit, but Magic and Bird have some deficiencies defensively and athletically.

That said ... if Bird's shot is on, Team Jordan wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    I dunno about this.

On one, Jordan/Magic/Bird have higher basketball I.Q., better shooting, better post game, and more desire.

LeBron/Durant/Kobe are better defensively as a group though and more athletic.

Jordan evens the scales quite a bit, but Magic and Bird have some deficiencies defensively and athletically.

That said ... if Bird's shot is on, Team Jordan wins.
    What stupidity on some of your points, the young ones have 2 of the 3 best shooters and MORE DESIRE? Really? What a uselessly arbitrary point

Banned

As long as they pass the ball to Kobe, his team will win.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

if bron or durant dunks on the old timers, those tough bastards will start fouling hard. things could get really ugly because 3 on 3 don't have refs. these guys are so competitive that they will not let anybody get any easy shots. this will be a backyard street brawl. old schoolers may lack overall athleticism, but they will let you know you are in for a war.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Ok... now i have heard everything....

Magic had a more accomplished career, but to think that he also was a more talented individual overall player than Lebron despite all the facts showing you the complete opposite is extremly hallucinatory...

1on1:
    Lebron would be able to defend Magic MUCH better than he could defend him...
    Lebron would be able to score on Magic MUCH better than Magic could on Lebron...
    Magic would get absolutely humiliated....

In game:
    The only noticable advantage Magic has is his passing in which Lebron is not a sucker at himself anyways being the best passer in NBA history at that size (only behind Magic) and best player with pointguard skills at that size (only behind Magic).... then Lebron is a MUCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (notice the many letters) better scorer and MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH (notice the even more letters) better defender....
    You're not even worth arguing with because you've done nothing but prove you're the biggest LeBron dickrider on ISH. I said slight advantage Magic and I was hesitant in doing so. It's not like I said Magic was hands down better.

We get it. You think LeBron is the greatest and anyone saying another perimeter player not named Jordan is better is blasphemous.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

It's about defense...
    Lebron and MJ could guard anyone of the opposing team, Durant can't defend for shit, Kobe defends awesomely with hand checking but would stand no chance against Magic. Bird can't defend also but It's a lot smarter than most of these dudes. Magic wasn't the greatest defender, but he'd survive.
    This is like Rocky vs Ali, nobody's gonna win the argument.
    I'd put Kobe on Jordan, Durant on Magic and Lebron on Bird because of size but he should be on Magic.
    Old timers would ruin Durant anyway you put it. weak link ruins matchups.
    Last edited by Jax; 07-10-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Durant would be the weak link now, and maybe even in the future, but that may not be the case 5-7 years from now. We haven't even seen prime/peak Durant, yet. I just used him because he just fit this scenario better than anyone else in my opinion. I needed/wanted another SF to match-up with Bird.

So, while we know what the other five players were like at their peak and in their prime, I was picturing Durant 3-5 years from in his prime and/or at his peak. I know you can't really do that because it's projecting at his peak he'll be comparable to five of the greatest players ever, but that was more my mindset.

Decent playground baller NastyCrossover1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DTreats
    Durant is the weak link, dude can't handle the ball on these legends' level. Replace him with Deron Williams and we're in biz.
    Really tho? You can't be serious.

I think Durant has one of the best handles in the game!

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    It's about defense...
    Lebron and MJ could guard anyone of the opposing team, Durant can't defend for shit, Kobe defends awesomely with hand checking but would stand no chance against Magic. Bird can't defend also but It's a lot smarter than most of these dudes. Magic wasn't the greatest defender, but he'd survive.
    This is like Rocky vs Ali, nobody's gonna win the argument.
    I'd put Kobe on Jordan, Durant on Magic and Lebron on Bird because of size but he should be on Magic.
    Old timers would ruin Durant anyway you put it. weak link ruins matchups.

that's racist bullshit

lot smarter than kobe or lebron?, why? because he was the last great white
    player?

you're taking away or downplaying kobe and lebron's basketball iq becaus they are/were great athletes....and your raising bird's because he wasn't.

that's media fed bullshit

Bron, playing from the 3 position exhibits a lot of the vision and court awareness that Bird does

kobe is as much of a student of the game as anybody ever..despite his tendency to chuck it..he is as smart as any player ever

go ahead with that bullshit