Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: why are we acting like ray allen is gods gift?

no doubt. people seem to forget that he followed up his record setting finals performance with several absolute clunkers of a game. dude is still a decent player, but the overreaction to his signing is pretty funny.

Banned

He will be rejuvenated once he gets some Cubana snatch on 8th street

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

they won the finals 4-1. It's not like they are asking him to get them over the hump. If he can use a screen set by d-wade, or bosh or whomever, and hit an open shot, he is worth the investment. great pickup by miami.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being
    I think Miami is taking a major risk with this guy. They might have to rely on the big 3 when it's all said and done. Not a good thing.
    And that's different from this year how? Also they have like 4 million committed to him. Hardly a huge risk.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    he almost needed a wheelchair in the playoffs to get around. Very confusing why people are all of a sudden acting like he is the ray allen of old. Same can be said for the knicks getting jason kidd. If either team needs to rely on these guys for major minutes they're both in trouble.
    Ray should've gone elsewhere to play if he no longer wanted to play in Boston. In Miami now, he'll be the "hero" when they're winning, but the "goat" when they're losing. This is just yet another example of how pathetically two-faced Lebron fans are. They try to lie and say that Lakers fans were supposedly talking championship when we signed Sessions last year, and made a huge deal out of it when the Lakers were eliminated. Now cuz the Heat signed Ray, it's championship cruise Part 2? Sheer hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Why is his real name Jesus Shuttlesworth?
    Because he got game, bro

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    no doubt. people seem to forget that he followed up his record setting finals performance with several absolute clunkers of a game. dude is still a decent player, but the overreaction to his signing is pretty funny.
    No, what people seem to forget is Ron Artest Kneed him in the thigh in game 3 giving him a deep bone bruise in said thigh. You go out and play professionally and try to get the right lift on your shots when you can't even jump right.

I'm kinda saddened by how jaded people are here. We get it, you hate the Heat, but the reaction that some people are claiming to be "over the top" is very appropiate. Ray Allen, one of, if not the greatest shooter of all time will be playing with Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. He will no longer need to run through a million screens in order to receive multiple open looks due to his teammates ability to break defenses down to the point where double teams and excessive help are imminent.

Like I said before in another Ray thread, I honestly have no clue how people are going to guard this team anymore. You can't leave Ray open, regardless of how hot and cold he is but then again you've got three all-stars who can pass the ball to the open shooter pretty damn well. This is a recipe for disaster. Allen shot 45% last year and if he is getting the same shots that Chalmers, James Jones, Mike Miller and Battier have been receiving, dude will shoot over 50% from three and I wouldn't be surprised if his scoring actually increased this year.

This is a huge signing. People have forgotten that Miami was shooting like shit from the perimeter during most of their playoff run. Battier and Miller came on really late and Chalmers had his moments here and there. Ray does have times where he can't hit the side of a barn during his major slumps like Boozehound pointed out, but those times are few and far between. I can see Ray killing some teams next year with red hot shooting from the outside already.

el pollo loco siiiiiii

Been saying this from the beggining. There is no Kg on the Heat that will get his back when he misses a rotation or lets a man breeze by him. As soon as Spo sees him getting abused when he is on D, he is getting off the court. Same reason why JJ doesnt play as much, he simply is not good enough defensively, and if their shot is not falling, o boy, they are practically useless. No real big expectations from Ray in my book other than playing 10-20 min per game, closer to 30 min if he gets hot and whoever is covering him is not torching him.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    but he no longer is 'the best shooter in the game'... dont get me wrong, he will make the open 3 pointer, but in boston he made his living at running around and coming off picks. I just dont see him at his advanced age (nba wise) keeping up, especially in the playoffs.
    He shot 45% from three even with bone spurs... The looks he will get he should be up there again

Comparing him to Jason Kidd is a complete insult to ray at this point of their careers.

This was a great signing for Miami in so many ways and gives wade the chance to rest more and vis versa
    Last edited by All Net; 07-09-2012 at 02:51 AM.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Because when a duo of Lebron and Wade can create so many open shots for their teammates, a player like Ray Allen becomes the ultimate weapon.

Remember Miller and Battier consistently knocking down open 3 after open 3 after open 3 in the finals? Imagine that consistently happening game after game after game with Ray Allen.

He's God's gift to moviegoers... I still jerk off to him and Rosario Dawson. ****, she ain't even got to be in it for all I care.

I rep Lakers!

He wasn't that great during the last 3 playoff runs for the Cs. Remember his 0/13 game (?) and his bad Game 7 vs the Lakers in 2010

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Because when a duo of Lebron and Wade can create so many open shots for their teammates, a player like Ray Allen becomes the ultimate weapon.

Remember Miller and Battier consistently knocking down open 3 after open 3 after open 3 in the finals? Imagine that consistently happening game after game after game with Ray Allen.

This.. Anybody who doesnt think a HEalthy Ray Allen will be aHuge Weapon off bench on HEat is surely mistaken. He will Keep Defenses from Doubling Wade and Lebron and if they do or overcompensate when One of them drives or Posts up he will make the defense pay.

Michael Jordan of ISH

Overreaction. He's not going to be much better than Miller or Jones were, who both shot above 40% from 3.

Mike Miller shot 45.3% from 3 last year and is a career 40.5% 3 point shooter.
    He's one of the greatest 3 point shooter in history as well