Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hornets acquiring Ryan Anderson via sign and trade

I know Anderson is a stretch 4 primarily, but can he play the 3 at all? If so that would fill one of NOLA's needs, but I just can't see it

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Good deal for the Hornets. Once Davis matures a bit and adds some bulk it will be a similar partnership with the Anderson/Howard one in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by no0
    it's for gustavo ayon.

anyone have any info on this guy? why is it good for the magic?
    To avoid paying Ryan Anderson big bucks. Get ready for a rebuild if you're a Magic fan.

Quote Originally Posted by dzav323
    I know Anderson is a stretch 4 primarily, but can he play the 3 at all? If so that would fill one of NOLA's needs, but I just can't see it
    He can play the tree, but so can Diop. In saying, ti doesn't mean they're good at it. Anderson can barely play the f*cking 4 at least defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by dzav323
    You wouldnt want him playing SF.

Quote Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
    not both, Gasol for Dwight.. maybe Hill/McRob plus the picks too

then keep Bynum on a bench rotation or (more likely) trade him for a better starting SF, PF + bench pieces
    lol

I'd shit my pants if this happened. Then why would the Lakers have Bynum and Dwight on the same team? Bynum would be traded for great depth

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114
    Ryan Anderson can play SF and Davis can play PF. AD doesn't have to move over the C because of this
    Yeah, let Anderson defend NBA threes for 15-20 minutes a game. See how that goes.

First NOH drafts a worse version of Eric Gordon with the #10 pick, and expect him to be one of their better players, and now they trade for someone that plays the exact same position (and is one of their three or four best players) as the #1 overall "can't miss" pick. So, to sum up, four of the Hornets five best players play the same two positions.
    Last edited by KG215; 07-08-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    To avoid paying Ryan Anderson big bucks. Get ready for a rebuild if you're a Magic fan.
    Which means they really should take the Rockets deal for Dwight. They could get a bunch of good young assets and not necessarily kill their position to get a good draft pick in '13.

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    Which means they really should take the Rockets deal for Dwight. They could get a bunch of good young assets and not necessarily kill their position to get a good draft pick in '13.
    Agreed.

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yeah, let Anderson defend NBA threes for 15-20 minutes a game. See how that goes.

First NOH drafts a worse version of Eric Gordon with the #10 pick, and expect him to be one of their better players, and now they trade for someone that plays the exact same position (and is one of their three or four best players) as the #1 overall "can't miss" pick. So, to sum up, four of the Hornets five best players play the same two positions.
    Curious to see who you think they should have drafted @ 10? Leonard, Zeller? I liked the Rivers pick for the bench and for a franchise that needs big names to sell tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He got illyasova money. Same.

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    Curious to see who you think they should have drafted @ 10? Leonard, Zeller? I liked the Rivers pick for the bench and for a franchise that needs big names to sell tickets.
    Kendall Marshall and possibly Terrence Jones, Perry Jones, or Maurice Harkless would have been my top 4 at #10.

Pelican Brief

the espn article says the hornets plan to play him alongside Davis... Thinking that means him playing the 5

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    the espn article says the hornets plan to play him alongside Davis... Thinking that means him playing the 5
    Well he certainly isn't a SF. Davis is going to be a center in the league anyway.

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Kendall Marshall and possibly Terrence Jones, Perry Jones, or Maurice Harkless would have been my top 4 at #10.
    Alot of hornets fans wanted Marshall over Rivers @ 10. I would have been fine with that pick. Liked rivers cus it had the city talking about the 2 players... I'd be lying if I didn't say Marshall was the better fit.