Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: '03 Duncan vs '12 Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    I never said "easily" I said Tim Duncan "handily" and I explained why.
    You said "easily" and you STILL havn't explained what made Duncan a better player than Lebron. I'll start you off - even though Lebron was one of the best and most versatile defenders in the league last season, his defensive value wasn't as great as Duncan's, purely because big men who can "anchor" a defense will always be more valuable than the great defensive wing players....

Your turn....

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    2012 LeBron is a better defender than 2003 Duncan?
    27/8/6 & 2stls on 55% shooting.

Notice the 55% by a perimeter player.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    You created a thread that wanted to compare 2 specific playoff performances, and now you switch to this shiit
    Where did I say I was comparing their playoff performances??

I simply said, '03 Duncan or '12 Lebron? Can't you read properly?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Duncan had worse teammates huh? Why do people keep dreaming this up?
    Even as someone who has held aprofound disrespect for Chris Bosh for years and likes to point out that hemissed half the playoffs.....and someone who doesnt think Wade played like Wade...

The idea that 03 Duncan had as much help as 12 Lebron is one of the wrongest wrongs that ever wronged.

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    Where did I say I was comparing their playoff performances??

I simply said, '03 Duncan or '12 Lebron? Can't you read properly?
    So you're gonna compare the Lebron who had the helpof TOP2SG Wade and TOP 5 PF Bosh throughout this season? uhhhhh

DUNCAN

Banned

'03 Duncan although I am not as impressed as '03 Duncan's run as many people are. He was actually really lucky that season with all the injuries his opponents faced in the post-season. Webber was injured in the WCSF against Dallas and was ruled out for the playoffs for the Kings, Dirk was out in the WCF when the Mavericks played the Spurs, Kobe suffered a shoulder injury, Devean George suffered an injury that hurt him, and Rick Fox was out for the the post-season for the Lakers.

If LeBron's opponents didn't suffer as many injuries as well then I probably would say '12 Lebron's run was better especially considering how one of his stars Chris Bosh was hurt and out for about half of the post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    27/8/6 & 2stls on 55% shooting.

Notice the 55% by a perimeter player.
    And this has nothing to do with being a better defensive player. Idiot. You can not even read. Why do you care to post...

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    '03 Duncan although I am not as impressed as '03 Duncan's run as many people are. He was actually really lucky that season with all the injuries his opponents faced in the post-season. Webber was injured in the WCSF against Dallas and was ruled out for the playoffs for the Kings, Dirk was out in the WCF when the Mavericks played the Spurs, Kobe suffered a shoulder injury, Devean George suffered an injury that hurt him, and Rick Fox was out for the the post-season for the Lakers.

If LeBron's opponents didn't suffer as many injuries as well then I probably would say '12 Lebron's run was better especially considering how one of his stars Chris Bosh was hurt and out for about half of the post-season.
    bron played dysfunctional knicks, gritty but not talented pacers, and very old old celtics. only reason things got tougher against celtics is because bosh was out. okc is great, but then harden took vacation early, and durant decided he wasn't ready.

bron's road was definitely easier.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    bron played dysfunctional knicks, gritty but not talented pacers, and very old old celtics. only reason things got tougher against celtics is because bosh was out. okc is great, but then harden took vacation early, and durant decided he wasn't ready.

bron's road was definitely easier.
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Nothing to do with Lebron playing godly? Get over it already.

King

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    You said "easily" and you STILL havn't explained what made Duncan a better player than Lebron. I'll start you off - even though Lebron was one of the best and most versatile defenders in the league last season, his defensive value wasn't as great as Duncan's, purely because big men who can "anchor" a defense will always be more valuable than the great defensive wing players....

Your turn....
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0&postcount=14

This is Tim Duncan handily. Duncan was the only player on his team who made the allstar team that year and beat the 3x defending champions Lakers in the process. Lebron managed to get to the finals because 2 of the top 5 players in the league were out for the entire playoffs.

Ver very close, might give slight slight edge to LeBron. Those comaprisons of different position players are really hard to tell.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

As the anchor Duncan has a greater effect on defense. This was back in his ridiculously elite defensive days. Like legendary good on defense.

Not to mention that Tim's team was lesser than Bron's. And that everything about the Spurs that season ran through Duncan.

That was just one of those seasons where Tim just said: "I got this." and he went out and got it.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Lebron beat the best team (Thunder) so he gets the edge imo.