Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: '03 Duncan vs '12 Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    This is Tim Duncan handily. Duncan was the only player on his team who made the allstar team that year and beat the 3x defending champions Lakers in the process. Lebron managed to get to the finals because 2 of the top 5 players in the league were out for the entire playoffs.
    Not this mention Lebron had a top 3 SG and top 5 PF.

Duncan 03 all day long.
    Only ones thinking it's close are Lebron fans.

This is Tim Duncan handily. Duncan was the only player on his team who made the allstar team that year and beat the 3x defending champions Lakers in the process. Lebron managed to get to the finals because 2 of the top 5 players in the league were out for the entire playoffs.
    Let's try and put their supporting casts to one side. In a vacuum, who was the better overall player? Who would you start a team with?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Duncan had worse teammates huh? Why do people keep dreaming this up?

Here is the truth:

Duncans supporting cast in playoffs: 70.1 PPG, 30.2 RPG, 15.5 APG, 7.2 SPG, 3.6 BPG

Lebrons supporting cast in playoffs: 64.6 PPG, 30.6 RPG, 12.1 APG, 5.2 SPG, 3.9 BPG

Lebron had 3 guys in double figures, where as 1 didnt play so much in playoffs (Bosh) and Duncan had almost 4 guys in double figures, none who missed a single game... he had also David Robinson who is much bigger & better than any "Center" Lebron has....

Duncan had also GREG POPOVICH... do i really need to compare the differences between him and Spoelstra?

Duncan had a more productive / deeper team...

Lebron got to the Finals practically without Bosh aswell, which is 14 ppg less on the supporting cast column... he averaged 34-11-4 in ECF...

Lebron had a PER much higher than Tim Duncan had this playoff run by averaging 30/10/6/2/1 @ 50% FG.... he led everybody in 4th quarter scoring, clutch stats....

Lebron also never played a bad game, ALWAYS stepped up when the team needed him the most.... sometimes in historic fashion (Game 6 Celtics - 45-15-5 @ 73% FG)

Basically Lebron performed better than Duncan while having a less productive supporting cast....... what the hell more do you want????

If ANYBODY between 03 Duncan and 12 Lebron had a better playoff run then it is Lebron............... show me any facts to why it should be the opposite? Because i cant find any....
    Duncan was better than Lebron by a good margin. Duncan was the only allstar on his team, Lebron had 2 other allstars on his team. Duncan was the only player on his team at the time who won finals mvp, Lebron had Wade who won finals mvp and a better playoffs/finals performer than Lebron himself.

You are using PER here??? Really with 2 top 5 players out of the playoffs and everyone else virtually old outside of Durant?
    In 2003 you had prime Duncan, Shaq, Garnett, Dirk, Kobe, Tmac, Pierce all in the playoffs. Now you see how much or tougher it is to have a higher PER with all of those guys playing in there primes than it is with guys like Danny Granger and Andre Iguodala as the main competition.

pauk just said 03 Duncan had a better cast than '12 Lebron. Never go full pauk

Why should name value matter when Duncans supporting cast was more productive...

Duncans 4 guys in the starting lineup outproduced Lebrons 4 in points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, had less turnovers and higher shooting percentage..... what excuse do you want to come with now?

As far as the competition goes, the only better team Duncan faced was the Lakers in the 2nd round... who choked like hell

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    Let's try and put their supporting casts to one side. In a vacuum, who was the better overall player? Who would you start a team with?
    Duncan easily. Duncan took a franchise that never won anything prior to him arriving and turned them into a dynasty.
    Lebron had to join forces with a proven winner in a city that already won a title with Wade around.

Tim Duncan all day long baby.
    Lebron by himself = choking deep in the playoffs

And I think we've all 'witnessed' that..

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    pauk just said 03 Duncan had a better cast than '12 Lebron. Never go full pauk
    I didnt say that.. facts said that... there is a huge difference between an opinion and a fact...

Its more like... Chazzy just ignored very many facts and failed to give his take on this topic without a single fact or hell not even his own opinion...

Never go full Chazzy

Duncan easily. Duncan took a franchise that never won anything prior to him arriving and turned them into a dynasty.
    Lebron had to join forces with a proven winner in a city that already won a title with Wade around.
    You didn't properly answer the question, and cut the "easily" crap out if you want people to take you seriously.

IGNORING ALL CIRCUMSTANCE BEYOND THE BASKETBALL COURT, WHO WAS THE BETTER PLAYER?

Its a very impossible task my dear beloved Lebron haters...

Give me the guy with more points and assists, defense and pure dominance.

There is a reason why Lebron is regarded as one of the most talented players of all time. Even his biggest hater Skip Bayless says so.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    Tim Duncan all day long baby.
    Lebron by himself = choking deep in the playoffs

And I think we've all 'witnessed' that..
    Wade was just about as good as Pau Gasol was in '09 and '10 for Kobe. Bosh was on Lamar Odom's level in the playoffs, too. Go watch game 6 IN Boston, again, and get back to me on how much "help" Lebron "needed". Thanks.

You didn't properly answer the question, and cut the "easily" crap out if you want people to take you seriously.

IGNORING ALL CIRCUMSTANCE BEYOND THE BASKETBALL COURT, WHO WAS THE BETTER PLAYER?
    I never said "easily" I said Tim Duncan "handily" and I explained why.

You created a thread that wanted to compare 2 specific playoff performances, and now you switch to this shiit

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Give me the guy with more points and assists, defense and pure dominance.

There is a reason why Lebron is regarded as one of the most talented players of all time. Even his biggest hater Skip Bayless says so.
    2012 LeBron is a better defender than 2003 Duncan?