Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Howard to Nets is Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    You can't trade guys you've signed until about December, plus which of the signings would be enticing to ORL?
    They are in no rush to move Dwight plus they have until the trade deadline in February to find a deal. Dwight will change his mind a few times between now and the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    my bad. didnt get that. it will be interesting.

dwight is 19.25. It all clearly fits under 74 million with those players.

besides, if you were at 74 million with 10 players, you couldnt go beyond to sign players at the vet or league minimum? you would just forfeit the season because you cant field the legally mandated minimum roster? Doesnt make sense.

take that 41 million, throw in say 10 million for hump (clearly not what hes getting), then subtract the 15.5 million for hump and the brookses (outgoing for DHo). You are left with about 43 million on the books, plus howard for 19. Still well under the 74 million.

it doesnt make any sense that the actually used the MLE (which they clearly dont have), even if the dudes deal is structured as such. I think people (including the sports reporters = not journalists) saw the # and assumed it had to be the MLE. But, agian, after the trades, they only have the players listed above and its clearly well under the cap, especially if they trade the three players for howard. they would be at about 60 million with jj, dwill, dho, crash, bosnia, and ballgrabber.
    They have to sign there own players or the traded guys first, which is why they need the MLE. And no, you can't go over to sign minimum guys, you'd need to literally waive players.

The nets already know a trad isn't happening, why else would they sign all this salary blocking a trade?

Btw Larry coon is discussing this right now on twitter,nalthough because he is desparate for the nets to get Howard, he keeps acting like the Croatian guys signing is just a rumor
    Last edited by niko; 07-04-2012 at 12:17 PM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

The CBA is so difficult to understand that it hurts my brain.

This was posted an hour ago by ESPN. It states that Dwight Howard could still be a Net.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ts-sources-say

I believe that Billy King is making one more futile attempt in obtaining Dwight Howard. Rob, you dumbass, make it happen and stop sucking your thumb. Everybody is getting impatient with your ass.

Let me know what he Coon says please.

Well however impossible it may seem, I believe the Nets will be staying in the hunt till its all over. We will see what happens then, too early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    The CBA is so difficult to understand that it hurts my brain.

This was posted an hour ago by ESPN. It states that Dwight Howard could still be a Net.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ts-sources-say

I believe that Billy King is making one more futile attempt in obtaining Dwight Howard. Rob, you dumbass, make it happen and stop sucking your thumb. Everybody is getting impatient with your ass.

Let me know what he Coon says please.
    Basically it's impossible unless some of the terms in contract given are different. To be honest, I think he wants the trade to occur. Ask him a question on Bynum and he makes fun of the lakers chances.

Larry coon is a net fan? He explains it's impossible but when asked qualifies it. Sound like Punpun.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Basically it's impossible unless some of the terms in contract given are different. To be honest, I think he wants the trade to occur. Ask him a question on Bynum and he makes fun of the lakers chances.
    I know Gerald is taking about 7-8 million the first year which would shed 2-3 million. Maybe that could be the difference in obtaining Dwight.

I want the trade to occur too. We need a championship in NY and with this trade the Nets will make that happen.

<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3 The Choken One's Avatar

LOL @ the Net fans reaching hardcore in this thread...

Dwight is going to be a Hawk if I had to bet money. He doesn't want to follow in Shaq's shadow so that gives the Lakers a small shot, but the Hawks he & Smith can do work and sign another big time free agent next off-season.

I'd say the Mavs...but I think Orlando is going to deal him no matter what and not wait until next season. So...unless he doesn't sign an extension that's not a possibility.

umad Net fans?

Quote Originally Posted by The Choken One
    LOL @ the Net fans reaching hardcore in this thread...

Dwight is going to be a Hawk if I had to bet money. He doesn't want to follow in Shaq's shadow so that gives the Lakers a small shot, but the Hawks he & Smith can do work and sign another big time free agent next off-season.

I'd say the Mavs...but I think Orlando is going to deal him no matter what and not wait until next season. So...unless he doesn't sign an extension that's not a possibility.

umad Net fans?
    We aint mad, at least we aint stuck with a 34 years old washed-up superstar. Everyone on this rosters can play, what else do we expect?

Larry coon............ .........

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    I know Gerald is taking about 7-8 million the first year which would shed 2-3 million. Maybe that could be the difference in obtaining Dwight.

I want the trade to occur too. We need a championship in NY and with this trade the Nets will make that happen.
    I don't think the Nets thought this can happen. I have trouble believing the Nets are close to Howard, but instead clogged their cap with JJ and set a hard cap with the Croation guy. Making the trade 1,000 times harder. If Howard was coming, they would not have done that.