Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Serious playground baller strike first's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard: "I'll only resign with one team."

This guy is being a major ****.. brons decision was one thing but howard is being a total diva.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    This Dwight drama is starting to overshadow Lebron and Melo's combined.

Obviously the message he wanted to get across was, "Unless you are Brooklyn don't trade for me or you will waste a year of my time and yours because I will not re-sign with you."

Just trade him to Brooklyn already. My God.
    He might have to retire or play for the mid level exception if the Joe Johnson deal goes down.

i really wonder what prokorov is offering him under the table.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Zaza for Howard! Get it done Ferry!

I think he mistakenly thinks that for some reason, whatever promises Smith made still holds for the new GM. Obviously Smith had promised to trade him to the Nets, or else Dwight wouldn't have signed the opt-in clause, but he forgot that GMs can change, and the new one would never promise to do the same. So all Dwight is left with is speaking to the media and making it absolutely clear he'll only sign with 'one team' aka the Nets.

Banned

The question still remains why the hell did this jack ass waive his opt out clause? If he said a long time ago he still wants a trade why waive your opt out clause? Brooklyn have no assets to trade for yet you will only play for them? Dwights going to have to get used to stadiums booing him once he is finally traded.
    I hope Nets do get Joe Johnson and have no room for Dwight so he can sulk at some other club.
    Last edited by outbreak; 07-02-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Learning to shoot layups Hedo15's Avatar

Put him on the Inactive list for the season then let him walk

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hedo15
    Agree! Banish him from team Starbury style.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hedo15

Magic seemed much more stable with Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter.

What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    A player having to look out for his own interest is one thing.. But the way Howard's handling things.. Just makes him out to be a real a**hole.
    Guy seems to be a selfish asshole.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    The question still remains why the hell did this jack ass waive his opt out clause? If he said a long time ago he still wants a trade why waive your opt out clause? Brooklyn have no assets to trade for yet you will only play for them? Dwights going to have to get used to stadiums booing him once he is finally traded.
    That's ok if God's on his side.

I hope Nets do get Joe Johnson and have no room for Dwight so he can sulk at some other club.
    Yep!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    Way to totally screw over your current team by diminishing their ability to play the market.
    Play the market? Why should he give up his free agency so the Magic for the benefit of the Magic? He's played up to his contract, and earned his free agency. He shouldn't be forced to go somewhere he doesn't want to.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    He has absolutely no respect for the city of Orlando. The fact that he can not be a professional and simply play out his contract means that does not have respect for the city. The fact that he makes trade demands and then gives the Magic an ultimatum and lets the world know he will only sign with one team, definitely makes him look like a jackass. It seems like this guy does not understand that by doing this he is killing his trade value. The Magic really have no leverage because hardly any team is willing to give up significant pieces to trade for this guy. The only team he wants to be traded to does not have good enough pieces to compensate the Magic properly.

It really is unfair to his fans and to the city to pretend that he actually cares about the organization. He doesn't give two-shits about Orlando. It is fine with me if he doesn't care about Orlando, but don't be such a jackass and kill your trade value. That franchise has absolutely no other valuable piece and the only way they can get something significant back is if they trade him; but unfortunately he specifies he is not willing to sign with anyone else to scare off any potential serious suitors.

The Rockets are desperate enough to make a deal, but I am sure the Magic could get better offers had Howard not declared to the world that he will only sign with one team. What a jackass.

Such a baby. How the hell does he think he was set-up? Does he really think SVG planned this accordingly so his dumbass would walk in at the exact moment to make himself look like a fool?! What an idiot. Dwight Howard is a bigger idiot than what I thought.

I don't have anything against superstars wanting to go to specific teams. Hell, its their job and I'm sure like many of us working, we'd like to go to specific places as well. My problem with this is that these guys are under contract and they should definitely give their franchise the benefit of getting all they can for said player.

Lebron is another perfect example. He did the decision bullshit and made Cleveland look like a bunch of idiots. If he was plotting to leave Cleveland all along, why not just say so and stop beating around the bush.

These guys have absolutely no balls and I am disgusted that we have people like them in this league. I respect their game because I love the game of basketball, but I have no respect for them from a business standpoint. The way they do business is very shady and they are setting their franchises back by acting like babies.
    I dont think LeBron knew he wanted to leave until very close to The Decision. Dwight is just being unreal right now. How anyone can not dislike him is amazing. I don't care how emotionally conflicted he is he's being a spoiled child. If he knew he wanted Brooklyn (he did) he should have allowed them to trade him to LA and just not picked up his option.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

Because the team forced him to, or else they were going to send him to the Lakers. I thought that was obvious by now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Play the market? Why should he give up his free agency so the Magic for the benefit of the Magic? He's played up to his contract, and earned his free agency. He shouldn't be forced to go somewhere he doesn't want to.
    Because he already waived his opt out clause. It's one thing to ask for a trade like Melo and stick to it, it's another thing to opt in and then want a trade again afew months later. Just becomes a shambles even if the club is trying to move you.