Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: All NBA Defensive Teams

How does Kobe make it LMFAO, nba is a disgrace...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Its pretty funny to hear people consistently whine about Kobe and yet when it comes time to replace him they either choose a SF like Iguodala who actually received more votes but doesn't compete with Kobe since he is a forward or some part time players like Wade, Thabo. Bradley and Shumpert. If Kobe is such a bad choice how hard is it to actually name another guard who actually played similar minutes for the season that played better defense than him?
    I put Iguodala as a SG because 1) he plays minutes at SG and guards lots of SGs and 2) out of the pure merit that he deserves a spot on the first team over a lot of people.

Considering Kobe's lackadaisical defense for large stretches of games apart from close 4th quarters, can you really justify the fact that he plays lots of minutes into the argument. Shumpert averaged about 30 a game and that's considering he barely got minutes at the beginning, and you can't argue Bryant's a better defender than him if you watch them.

Wade is a part time player? He goes all out for longer stretches at higher intensities than Bryant while playing similar minutes, though he did miss about 10 less than Kobe.

I can name a ton of guards who are not given their due that should be ahead of Kobe. Holiday, George, Conley, Afflalo, Brewer, I can go on and on.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by Figlo
    How does Kobe make it LMFAO, nba is a disgrace...
    Coaches pick, they have seen him from 20 ft away I think their knowledge >> yours& medias.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_Cat
    I put Iguodala as a SG because 1) he plays minutes at SG and guards lots of SGs and 2) out of the pure merit that he deserves a spot on the first team over a lot of people.

Considering Kobe's lackadaisical defense for large stretches of games apart from close 4th quarters, can you really justify the fact that he plays lots of minutes into the argument. Shumpert averaged about 30 a game and that's considering he barely got minutes at the beginning, and you can't argue Bryant's a better defender than him if you watch them.

Wade is a part time player? He goes all out for longer stretches at higher intensities than Bryant while playing similar minutes, though he did miss about 10 less than Kobe.

I can name a ton of guards who are not given their due that should be ahead of Kobe. Holiday, George, Conley, Afflalo, Brewer, I can go on and on.
    AI had 19 "points" to Kobe's 17. He is simply not on the team because he is considered a forward and not a guard. You can't just choose to make him a guard because it makes it easier to keep Kobe from collecting another all defensive team recognition.

Kobe 2232
    Conley 2174
    Holiday 2196
    Afflalo 2086
    George 1958
    Shumpert 1705
    Brewer 1635
    Wade 1625
    Bradley 1368
    Thabo 914

I would consider Shumpert down a part time for either not playing significant minutes every game or missing even more time with injury than Kobe. I would suspect had Kobe finished out the season without missing those last few games he would have finished ahead of another part time player in Tony Allen as well.

Historically there is voting bias for superstar players who play all season and get full time starter minutes. This isn't a Kobe thing. This is a NBA History thing. Your best hope would be for Wade and Gordon to play all season and Harden or George to try harder.

Can you actually point me to some games where any of the guys actually shut somebody down?

AI had 19 "points" to Kobe's 17. He is simply not on the team because he is considered a forward and not a guard. You can't just choose to make him a guard because it makes it easier to keep Kobe from collecting another all defensive team recognition.

Kobe 2232
    Conley 2174
    Holiday 2196
    Afflalo 2086
    George 1958
    Shumpert 1705
    Brewer 1635
    Wade 1625
    Bradley 1368
    Thabo 914

I would consider Shumpert down a part time for either not playing significant minutes every game or missing even more time with injury than Kobe. I would suspect had Kobe finished out the season without missing those last few games he would have finished ahead of another part time player in Tony Allen as well.

Historically there is voting bias for superstar players who play all season and get full time starter minutes. This isn't a Kobe thing. This is a NBA History thing. Your best hope would be for Wade and Gordon to play all season and Harden or George to try harder.

Can you actually point me to some games where any of the guys actually shut somebody down?

Iguodala is listed as a Forward/Guard.

So that you don't get it twisted, it's not a matter of convenience to put Iguodala ahead of Kobe. It was a matter of convenience to put Kobe over Iguodala. Look back to 2002. Dirk played center about 4 times in his life. And he played nothing but PF. And he made the 2nd Team as a C. Tracy McGrady, despite being the starting 2guard and only catching minutes at SF, made the 1st Team as a F. Ben Wallace, who didn't play PF EVER in Detroit, made the 3rd Team as a F.

The next year, Dirk went to F, Ben went to C, McGrady went to G, and Jermaine O'Neal, between making it as a F in 2002 and making it as a F in 2004, made the 3rd Team as a C. Nothing changed. Just the vote totals and the year.

And Paul Pierce, who played half the previous year as a F but still made the team as a G, in 2003 made it as a F...despite the fact that he played guard almost exclusively in 2002/03.

Bruce Bowen would go from G to F, year to year, depending on how other guys placed. Duncan made the All-Defensive Team in 09 and 10, as a C (which is where he was playing), despite making the All-NBA Team both times as a F.

Kobe made it ahead of Iguodala because he's Kobe. And no other reason.

Wade shouldn't touch either team this season.
    And honestly Lebron barely made a rotation in the first 40 games, but he is very good man to man.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Iguodala is listed as a Forward/Guard.

So that you don't get it twisted, it's not a matter of convenience to put Iguodala ahead of Kobe. It was a matter of convenience to put Kobe over Iguodala. Look back to 2002. Dirk played center about 4 times in his life. And he played nothing but PF. And he made the 2nd Team as a C. Tracy McGrady, despite being the starting 2guard and only catching minutes at SF, made the 1st Team as a F. Ben Wallace, who didn't play PF EVER in Detroit, made the 3rd Team as a F.

The next year, Dirk went to F, Ben went to C, McGrady went to G, and Jermaine O'Neal, between making it as a F in 2002 and making it as a F in 2004, made the 3rd Team as a C. Nothing changed. Just the vote totals and the year.

And Paul Pierce, who played half the previous year as a F but still made the team as a G, in 2003 made it as a F...despite the fact that he played guard almost exclusively in 2002/03.

Bruce Bowen would go from G to F, year to year, depending on how other guys placed. Duncan made the All-Defensive Team in 09 and 10, as a C (which is where he was playing), despite making the All-NBA Team both times as a F.

Kobe made it ahead of Iguodala because he's Kobe. And no other reason.
    Im saying on whatever ballot was created this year he was listed as a forward.

He had more voting points than Kobe. If he was eligible to be slotted as a guard he would have been on the second team as a guard.

Do you have any evidence that AI's position or any of those other players you mentioned position were changed after voting had already been completed?

If you want to believe that AI was slotted as a forward as part of a conspiracy theory to help ensure Kobe became the most highly decorated defensive shooting guard in history then you are welcome to do so.

Im saying on whatever ballot was created this year he was listed as a forward.

He had more voting points than Kobe. If he was eligible to be slotted as a guard he would have been on the second team as a guard.

Do you have any evidence that AI's position or any of those other players you mentioned position were changed after voting had already been completed?

If you want to believe that AI was slotted as a forward as part of a conspiracy theory to help ensure Kobe became the most highly decorated defensive shooting guard in history then you are welcome to do so.

I think you're thinking about it too much. He is listed as a G/F. It isn't just today. He's been listed there all year. The last time someone made a thread, asking for All-Defensive Team predictions, I predicted he'd make the First Team as a G, after checking on NBA.com that he was still listed as a F/G. That's how he's listed. It's how he's always been listed. Basketball-Reference even has him as a G/F.

You can go back over the selections I actually mentioned, and check to see it's worked that way. Check to see Bowen. Check to see Duncan, only two seasons ago, make the All-NBA 3rd Team as a F and the All-Defensive 2nd Team as a C.

And then you can check back to last year and see that Joakim Noah made it as a F/C. This year, he's no longer listed a F/C. He's listed as just a C. But Iguodala remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I think you're thinking about it too much. He is listed as a G/F. It isn't just today. He's been listed there all year. The last time someone made a thread, asking for All-Defensive Team predictions, I predicted he'd make the First Team as a G, after checking on NBA.com that he was still listed as a F/G. That's how he's listed. It's how he's always been listed. Basketball-Reference even has him as a G/F.

You can go back over the selections I actually mentioned, and check to see it's worked that way. Check to see Bowen. Check to see Duncan, only two seasons ago, make the All-NBA 3rd Team as a F and the All-Defensive 2nd Team as a C.

And then you can check back to last year and see that Joakim Noah made it as a F/C. This year, he's no longer listed a F/C. He's listed as just a C. But Iguodala remains the same.
    You can't be listed as a C/F or G/F on a NBA all defensive team ballot.

Its obvious based on the fact that he had more pts than Kobe yet didnt make the team as a guard that he was considered a forward and only a forward.

What's listed on NBA.com or basketball reference.com doesnt mean that is what is listed on NBA all defensive team ballots.

Its perfectly reasonable for Duncan to be considered a C one year and PF another year as long as that determination was made prior to voting and not after the votes were tallied up. Same with all of those other players. I have never read anything to suggest otherwise.