Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    LAKER FAN FOR LIFE lovethetriangle's Avatar

Default A challenge for Loki

Loki,

I have consistently read your posts and I must give you props for your extensive basketball knowledge, X's and O's expertise, and superior sentence construction.

However, I believe that even when you try so very hard to make it sound like your about to give the tiniest ounce of credit, you continuously negate yourself with even more hating.

Although you don't get much respect in this forum, I applaud your relentlessness and dedication toward one ideal, the sucking of Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers.

Therefore, in order to earn unanimous respect from this forum, and to make all that effort you put in to good use, I challenge you to 'hate' on the following players and teams for at least 3 games succeedingly:

1. Wade - Heat
    2. Nash - Suns
    3. Dirk - Mavs
    4. Gil - Wiz
    5. Bron - Cavs

I challenge you to relentlessly criticize these guys with your immense basketball knowledge and expertise. If you are able to do this, it may earn you some props...If you are a fan of any of these guys, that's your problem.

I am quite buzzed at the moment so I hope when I read this tomorrow it will make sense.

Cheers.

Superstar

i think loki believes that kobe is better than all those guys...so he actually gives kobe alot of credit but sometimes you could see hate in his arguements no doubt...like the lakers' lucky 25 games they won this yr haha

Banned

Laker fans are so sad. I have Faker fans in the other thread REFUSING to concede the point that LA played superbly offensively while Kobe was on the bench tonight, because they're clinging to the mistaken notion that Kobe "facilitated" the whole shebang, even when he was on the bench or being passive on the weakside.

(for the record, he facilitated a lot tonight, but it's clear that he was not responsible for ALL of LA's hot shooting -- and how could he be when he was on the bench? This is all I've asked Faker fans to concede and they refuse to do so. Sad.)

Not airballing my layups anymore braden.'s Avatar

Although you don't get much respect in this forum
    Everybody who matters respects Loki on this forum.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Laker fans are so sad. I have Faker fans in the other thread REFUSING to concede the point that LA played superbly offensively while Kobe was on the bench tonight, because they're clinging to the mistaken notion that Kobe "facilitated" the whole shebang, even when he was on the bench or being passive on the weakside.

(for the record, he facilitated a lot tonight, but it's clear that he was not responsible for ALL of LA's hot shooting -- and how could he be when he was on the bench? This is all I've asked Faker fans to concede and they refuse to do so. Sad.)
    What would you call an individual spending 90% of his time watching and commenting on a team and player he dislikes? Just asking because I find it sad.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    What would you call an individual spending 90% of his time watching and commenting on a team and player he dislikes? Just asking because I find it sad.
    stalking...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale
    What do you call a guy who has a penchant for hyperbole? 90% of my time? Please...

I agree that we had a damn good, even superlative if you'd like to call it, shooting night tonight.

Our numbers were through the roof and we shouldn't believe that this can happen consistently.

But I also believe that this is what good teams do, they have players that can step it up on any given night and we were fortunate enough to have all of them step up against the defending champions for a much needed W.

So my friend, do you accept?

They refuse because its you who said it. Like I said, you have no legitimacy. If you want 'Wade-like' love, you need to earn it.

I'm giving you that chance...

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

What do you call a guy who has a penchant for hyperbole? 90% of my time? Please...
    At least 90% of your time spent here as far as I can tell, yes. BTW, I'm fine with you doing this. I was just asking if you think it's a great thing to do.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

I've repeatedly said that the supporting cast is solid and talented and capable of playing w/o him for stretches. In that very same thread. What you chose to do was focus on my qualifying it by saying he's not the ONLY superstar to ever have that.

shhhhhhh

all kidding aside Loki. what is it that you hate the lakers for?

As long as Loki gots Yao back, I'll respect him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
    I agree that we had a damn good, even superlative if you'd like to call it, shooting night tonight.

Our numbers were through the roof and we shouldn't believe that this can happen consistently.
    An honest Laker fan -- who'da thunk it?

Quote Originally Posted by picc84
    I've repeatedly said that the supporting cast is solid and talented and capable of playing w/o him for stretches. In that very same thread. What you chose to do was focus on my qualifying it by saying he's not the ONLY superstar to ever have that.

This is exactly my point. You choose particular words and phrases and magnify it in order to sustain your hating. You are a microcosm of sensationalism.

Fix up your act buddy.