Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: why do people underrate Joe Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Get over it?

People dont care about Joe Johnson. Not really. If they cared and formed strong opinions about anything but his contract him doing well would be something to get over.

As it is....he just does largely irrelevant things in the background of the league on a team that never has been or will be taken serious until they do more than almost matter.

There is nothing to get over. Joe Johnson is like...the 15th-40th best player in the league and that unusually wide range is that just because people dont care enough to really evaluate his standing.

One year he looks worse than Monta ellis one year hes maybe....nipping at the hells of 3rd tier stars?

Scoring 17 unimpressive points in a playoff loss?

Driving his Transformer F-650 around?

Im as big an NBA fan as you will ever find and I live an hour and change from Atlanta.

You know the most discussion ive ever heard about him? When a woman I knew like 10 years ago posted a facebook picture of them together after he hit on her outside Gladys Knights chicken and waffles in Atlanta.

And most of that discussion was about his white Aston Martin he took her for a ride in.

Thats Joe Johnson. A guy who is gonna fade away from the memory of this eras fans 40 minutes after he retires and will always be more famous for his contract and 200 thousand dollar train horn having truck that made white people mad on the internet.

If the Hawks win the title this year(.....) it likely just means Josh Smith played out of his mind while Joe played roughly on the level of Hersey Hawkins for 38 minutes a game and made 2 impressive late jumpers in 5 total playoff games that ended up being key.

Nothing he does at this point will make him a real star short of straight 2011 Dirking it in a round or two and guess what?

If he does it....Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Rose, and Paul NOT winning the title will be a bigger story than him beating them.

Joe Johnson is not and will not be a major figure in the league.

That is more of a "Get over it" situation.

Just saying is all...

that shit that make your soul burn slow

Decent college freshman

the thing about Joe is people expect him to lay down and die in playoff scenarios, and those people are always proved right.

but he is a really good player. if he were in a more winning culture, that would be better for him.

Maybe if KBlaze and Shaqattack wrote a letter to Atlanta's front office Joe Johnson would have never gotten that crazy contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Seriously, It's not that he's underrated, but people don't even say hes clutch. no one gives him props for anything. Joe is clutcher than CP3. Joe is clutcher than Kobe. Joe is clutcher than Melo or Durant.

Get over it.
    Stopped reading right there.

National High School Star

It is the fact that he plays for the Hawks. If he was on the Knicks he would be overrated like Iman Shumpert is.

Banned

That fat ass paycheck he gets doesn't help.

The Hawks/Joe Johnson suck and no one gives a shit about them.

At least there wont be another Hawks/Magic series this year Damn those are painful...

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Get over it?

People dont care about Joe Johnson. Not really. If they cared and formed strong opinions about anything but his contract him doing well would be something to get over.

As it is....he just does largely irrelevant things in the background of the league on a team that never has been or will be taken serious until they do more than almost matter.

There is nothing to get over. Joe Johnson is like...the 15th-40th best player in the league and that unusually wide range is that just because people dont care enough to really evaluate his standing.

One year he looks worse than Monta ellis one year hes maybe....nipping at the hells of 3rd tier stars?

Scoring 17 unimpressive points in a playoff loss?

Driving his Transformer F-650 around?

Im as big an NBA fan as you will ever find and I live an hour and change from Atlanta.

You know the most discussion ive ever heard about him? When a woman I knew like 10 years ago posted a facebook picture of them together after he hit on her outside Gladys Knights chicken and waffles in Atlanta.

And most of that discussion was about his white Aston Martin he took her for a ride in.

Thats Joe Johnson. A guy who is gonna fade away from the memory of this eras fans 40 minutes after he retires and will always be more famous for his contract and 200 thousand dollar train horn having truck that made white people mad on the internet.

If the Hawks win the title this year(.....) it likely just means Josh Smith played out of his mind while Joe played roughly on the level of Hersey Hawkins for 38 minutes a game and made 2 impressive late jumpers in 5 total playoff games that ended up being key.

Nothing he does at this point will make him a real star short of straight 2011 Dirking it in a round or two and guess what?

If he does it....Lebron, Kobe, Durant, Rose, and Paul NOT winning the title will be a bigger story than him beating them.

Joe Johnson is not and will not be a major figure in the league.

That is more of a "Get over it" situation.

Just saying is all...
    /thread.

/Joe Johnson's career.

/OP.

Decent playground baller No Evans!'s Avatar

Joe Johnson is still laughing at you guys all the way to the bank

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

The hate for Joe Johnson is strong in this one. lol Damn OP, I bet you wish you'd never made this thread now huh?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

People don't. He just isn't that good when it comes to that contract he has.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No Evans!
    Joe Johnson is still laughing at you guys all the way to the bank
    So is Adam Morrison. Doesnt make him an important player either.

"But hes rich!" has to be the most useless comment when someone famous is being discussed.

Everyone in question on basketball issues are or will be rich. But some are both rich and....great. And the rich part isnt in any way the issue. Thats just saying he plays in the NBA. Which I think is understood...

OP should make a thread titled "Replace Joe Johnson with Jamal Crawford"

The topic would be relevant and the debate would be realistic.

Aside from that i don't really have anything to contribute because the topic is so irrelevant sorry guys

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    The Hawks/Joe Johnson suck and no one gives a shit about them.

At least there wont be another Hawks/Magic series this year Damn those are painful...

Anyone thinks Johnson is a very poor man's LeBron James? Both are versatile players who can score, play the point, distribute the ball and make plays. But most importantly, both JJ and LBJ seems to be mentally soft.