Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Bynum sucks without Kobe right?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Get off my ass you ****ing inbred retard. I know you're at a disadvantage as it is (you're a little "slow", to put it kindly), but that doesn't mean you have to continue to show us just how retarded you really are.

lol this kid is bi polar

Dunking on everybody in the park

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Bbbbbut but but he had a low FG%, therefore bad game
    That is the problem. You think everyone thinks that. Its not true. And I don't care who the player is.

If a player goes 7-20 and grabs 30 boards and dominates the paint the way Bynum did...nobody in the world is going to say he had a bad game.

I just find it funny that a clear cut elite player in the league in Bynum gets this much hate from his own fans. No...he's not as good as Kobe. No...he's not a championship first option. What person with a brain is saying that though?

What he is...is now a borderline top 10 player in the league and he's only getting better. And he plays center....a position of supreme importance for the playoffs.

A lot of this is brought on by Kobe stans. Acting like these guys can't do anything without Kobe. Well...they are now 3-1 without him. Two very impressive wins. And in the Hornets game, they were extremely clutch late and came back to win...another think Kobe stans claim this team can't do.

So what does it all mean? It means that Kobe is clearly the best player on the team. It means that Bynum gets easier opportunities when Kobe plays because everyone in the world knows Kobe draws more attention. It also means that this supporting cast is more than good enough to win the title. Like I have said all year. If Kobe plays great...this team has a very good chance to win it all. And that is the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    If Kobe plays great...this team has a very good chance to win it all. And that is the way it should be.
    This is what I'm believing too.

They are peaking at the right time and have a great chance to get to the Finals to win it all.

If Kobe is fresh and can bring to form some semblance of his 08-10 form in the playoffs, the Lakers are team nobody wants to face.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    That is the problem. You think everyone thinks that. Its not true. And I don't care who the player is.

If a player goes 7-20 and grabs 30 boards and dominates the paint the way Bynum did...nobody in the world is going to say he had a bad game.

I just find it funny that a clear cut elite player in the league in Bynum gets this much hate from his own fans. No...he's not as good as Kobe. No...he's not a championship first option. What person with a brain is saying that though?

What he is...is now a borderline top 10 player in the league and he's only getting better. And he plays center....a position of supreme importance for the playoffs.

A lot of this is brought on by Kobe stans. Acting like these guys can't do anything without Kobe. Well...they are now 3-1 without him. Two very impressive wins. And in the Hornets game, they were extremely clutch late and came back to win...another think Kobe stans claim this team can't do.

So what does it all mean? It means that Kobe is clearly the best player on the team. It means that Bynum gets easier opportunities when Kobe plays because everyone in the world knows Kobe draws more attention. It also means that this supporting cast is more than good enough to win the title. Like I have said all year. If Kobe plays great...this team has a very good chance to win it all. And that is the way it should be.
    Is Dirk a better playoff performer than Kobe?
    Is Dirk's '11 playoff run better than any of Kobe's?

Good college starter

Just because dirk's legacy is about to go in the toilet u don't have to take it out on Kobe.

U understand that teams tend play well without their superstars temporary because other teams don't know how to prepare for them defensively. In the playoffs all teams will be prepare for every play. It's a different beast altogether.

Look at that one year houston went on the run without Yao. In the playoffs they would be cream because u need superstars to win.

SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

Dirk had the most clutch playoff run since Michael Jordan. The guy was unbelievably clutch. More clutch than Kobe has ever been in the playoffs. And he had shooting efficiency throughout the playoffs that Kobe can't sniff.

It wouldn't be an insult to say Dirk's playoff run last season was better than any of Kobe's.

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

It's incredible what a polarizing figure Kobe is. People justwant to hate him or love him.

Everyone is forgetting that basketball is a team game. Lakers are definitely better with Kobe in it and leading them. Of course Kobe go on off games, but when he shoots above 45% the team as a great chance at the title.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    It's incredible what a polarizing figure Kobe is. People justwant to hate him or love him.

Everyone is forgetting that basketball is a team game. Lakers are definitely better with Kobe in it and leading them. Of course Kobe go on off games, but when he shoots above 45% the team as a great chance at the title.
    Exactly basketball is a team game Kobe alone does not dictate lakers win/lose.Bynum getting better makes the team better kobe will eventually comeback all the more to the lakers benefit. Lakers becoming stronger no reason to create conflict haters scared so they try to create tension but Lakers keep winning.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Are you nuts? Dirk's '11 playoff run easily destroys any playoff run by Kobe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    Are you nuts? Dirk's '11 playoff run easily destroys any playoff run by Kobe.
    Dirk was certainly clutch throughout the '11 playoffs but Kobe has had better finals runs.

Dirk
    2011:27.7/8.1/2.5

Kobe
    2001:29.4/7.3/6.1
    2009:30.2/5.3/5.5

Both those runs were at least on dirks level and 2001 was better

Local High School Star

Bynum doesn't suck, and he's also not our best player, not even close.

Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls

I don't know about better. But they are certainly on the same level as performers in the playoffs.

As far as last year. I don't think Kobe could have ever won a title at any point in his career with the level of help Dirk had last year considering the competition he faced.

So I guess Dirk's run last year was better than any of Kobe's in my opinion...but I don't see the relevance.

Are you going to actually try and claim Kobe is on another level as a playoff performer? Because that would be absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Just because dirk's legacy is about to go in the toilet u don't have to take it out on Kobe.

U understand that teams tend play well without their superstars temporary because other teams don't know how to prepare for them defensively. In the playoffs all teams will be prepare for every play. It's a different beast altogether.

Look at that one year houston went on the run without Yao. In the playoffs they would be cream because u need superstars to win.
    I've heard this a couple times now and I want to know why. Dirk has been playing great overall these last 2.5 months. Better than Kobe actually...who is shooting a putrid 40% from the field for that same stretch of time on absurd volume.

The Mavs are 8 games over .500....given their team and circumstances...how is that poor?

The Lakers have won a whopping 4 games more than the Mavs at this point. So you have Dirk....he had a knee injury clearly impacting his performance for the first month of the season....a completely new team...no training camp...a team riddled with injuries...and the key off season signing who was supposed to be the 2nd best player on the team turned out to be by far the worst player on the team and a huge distraction off the court.

The Mavs are currently only 2.5 games out of the 4th seed and 1 game out of the 5th seed.

Dirk, even with his slow start, is now averaging something around 21/7/2 on 46/36/89 splits with a 56% TS. Since the first month those numbers are around 23/7/3 on 59% TS.

Destroy his legacy? He's an all star and an all nba player and still playing like a player around the 10th best in the league. And he's 34 and the only consistent player on his team and he doesn't have the luxury of guys like Gasol and Bynum flanking him every night.

Congrats to Kobe for leading his team to 4 more wins with an infinitely better supporting cast and much fewer injuries. Congrats.....

Bynum plays as good as Howard this year.Anybody says not even close to Kobe, borderline stan or don't have a clue.

Kobe is still one of the most skilled & dangerous offensive player. Still leader, closer and go to guy in clutch moments for Lakers. But when we are talking about overall Bynum has case to be as good as or better this season.