Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Miami failing to win a ring this year won't be a disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by lakers87
    The one thing to prematurely take away from this (without the season being over), though is that they decided they wanted to team up and play together on the premise that they thought it would be an easier path to multiple titles. As a player, they can't control roster, but they are in full control of how they play together, mesh together, and ultimately decide how badly they want the title.

Has Lebron maximized his talents playing in Miami ?
    Has Wade? Bosh?

you take a team like the Celtics, with Garnett, Allen, Pierce and they sacrificed parts of their game for the team.

During practice or video sessions, wouldn't lebron or wade perhaps decide that working on a different aspect of their own game would help the team better than having very similar styles, which doesn't allow great spacing?

How they decide to adapt to their enormous talents and to mask their weaknesses will make a great difference in their approach.

Lebron's had some meltdowns in the clutch, so then defer to Wade. AT the end of the day, it's championships that do matter .
    Oddly enough as unselfish bron is, he is completely unwilling to be a 2nd option and wade is an awful clutch player but he is in fact fearless so what you have ultimately is

1 player who refuses to defer and tries to get his statline for 47 minutes and then wants to be carried home, and 1 player who needs to get it going from the start in order to come through in that last min but demands it in the last minute anyways.. So they both stumble through games. It sucks to watch at this point. Lebron in NY would have been absolutely perfect, or as much as I hate to say it, the lakers. Makes no sense why he didn't go to the lakers. Wins a ridiculous amount of rings and kobe's a guy that would relish being the go to guy in the 4th for him for the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaro Durant
    lbj was right tho
    not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 not 5, not 6 not 7 not 8.......................he was spitting the truth but it went over some heads

greatest insight ever made. tip off my hat to you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by cteach111
    there are clear flaws with this team that are not the fault of Wade and Lebron. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that the coaching is suspect and the roster is flawed.

There are reasons for them falling short if it comes to that.
    It would mean another season wasted. Father Time waits for no one. Only so many opportunities left...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM7-PYtXtJM&ob=av2e

The Holy Trinity

there are clear flaws with this team that are not the fault of Wade and Lebron. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that the coaching is suspect and the roster is flawed.

There are reasons for them falling short if it comes to that.
    And what then? So we fire Spoelstra, and bring in a disciplined, offensive coach. Can you imagine James and Wade in a structured offensive system? Is Phil gonna put them in the triangle? Spo sucks, but he's boxed in by who James and Wade are.

The question is if/when they lose, are the Heat brass going to be humble enough to admit that the core design is flawed while LeBron is still young enough to win lots of championships instead of a couple at most and Wade has enough left to lead a contender?

Or are Wade and James going to keep getting in each other's way and messing up each other's rhythm for another two years?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Bullshit.

Every team has flaws. This on the players. Terrible leadership from Lebron and Wade for starters. Lebron missing a ft that could ice the game last night....etc.

They have enough. They just have to be great. I'm so damn sick of this concept that star players should win titles without playing great. Why can't Lebron or Wade do something like Dirk did last year....or what Wade did in 06? That is what it should take to win the title.

The NBA title is the hardest title to win in all of sports. I read today on here that only 8 teams have won a title in the last 28 years in the NBA.

Be great. Be legendary. Play great in the big moments. That is what it will and should take to win.

And this is the problem with Wade/Lebron...and a lot of superstars now...they think it should be easy.

I think Bosh generally is way over-rated and I don't think Lebron and Wade compliment each other at all...but even with all that they have the best team. If Wade and Lebron play great in the playoffs night in night out....they will win the title.

So no excuses...none of that BS. Win or shut the **** up. Sick of it. I couldn't even imagine what a team with a big 3 of Kobe/Gay/Dirk would be doing this year right now. They'd be torching the league with the kind of supporting cast the Heat have. Right now they would be. With Dirk and Kobe at 34 years old. Put them in their prime with a very good 3rd option? Its title after title no doubt. So if these guys can't get it done...its on them. Not the coach...not the supporting cast...its on them.

People have this idea that the Heat are, or should be, head and shoulders above every other team in the league. That idea was running thick at the start of this season.

Fact is, they are just one team in a group of about 7-8 with a shot to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    People have this idea that the Heat are, or should be, head and shoulders above every other team in the league. That idea was running thick at the start of this season.

Fact is, they are just one team in a group of about 7-8 with a shot to win it all.
    It that is actually the case...then Lebron and Wade are severely over-rated as basketball players. Which I don't believe, but if they are really just one of the top 8 teams in the league....then that is the case.

It that is actually the case...then Lebron and Wade are severely over-rated as basketball players. Which I don't believe, but if they are really just one of the top 8 teams in the league....then that is the case.
    They are not overrated but the team is flawed in several ways. Lack of size, lack of post play, spotty pg play, among others. Other contenders have much better balance.

They are not overrated but the team is flawed in several ways. Lack of size, lack of post play, spotty pg play, among others. Other contenders have much better balance.
    And other contenders don't have two guys as good as Wade and Lebron. And the supporting cast is far better than they get credit for. Since when did Haslem and Battier become scrubs?

Chalmers gets no respect. He's good. He plays quality defense most of the time and he's not afraid to take big shots. The Lakers won with Fisher....yet the Heat can't win with Chalmers?

That is exactly the shit I'm talking about. You can't have it all. So what...you expect the Heat to have two top 5 players....a very good third option....and then great interior defense and rebounding? You shouldn't be able to get all of that. Thank god there are actually rules in place so that elite teams have to stay somewhat on the same levels.

Kobe/Shaq didn't have the greatest supporting cast ever....but they made it work. Shaq was all time great. He was dominant. Kobe was great at times as well...especially 01 and 02. Would that team have been better with more help? Sure, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

What I do know is that if Lebron and Wade play great basketball. Not just good, but great....they have the best chance to win the title. So again. Either be great and win....or shut the **** up and go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    It won't be disappointing to me if they lose. It would be glorious.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Wade and Lebron are redundant players. They both can't play their best game when they are on the court at the same time. People always griping about bosh and how he should be traded. They should trade Lebron and stock their team with picks and role-players.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Bullshit.

Every team has flaws. This on the players. Terrible leadership from Lebron and Wade for starters. Lebron missing a ft that could ice the game last night....etc.

They have enough. They just have to be great. I'm so damn sick of this concept that star players should win titles without playing great. Why can't Lebron or Wade do something like Dirk did last year....or what Wade did in 06? That is what it should take to win the title.

The NBA title is the hardest title to win in all of sports. I read today on here that only 8 teams have won a title in the last 28 years in the NBA.

Be great. Be legendary. Play great in the big moments. That is what it will and should take to win.

And this is the problem with Wade/Lebron...and a lot of superstars now...they think it should be easy.

I think Bosh generally is way over-rated and I don't think Lebron and Wade compliment each other at all...but even with all that they have the best team. If Wade and Lebron play great in the playoffs night in night out....they will win the title.

So no excuses...none of that BS. Win or shut the **** up. Sick of it. I couldn't even imagine what a team with a big 3 of Kobe/Gay/Dirk would be doing this year right now. They'd be torching the league with the kind of supporting cast the Heat have. Right now they would be. With Dirk and Kobe at 34 years old. Put them in their prime with a very good 3rd option? Its title after title no doubt. So if these guys can't get it done...its on them. Not the coach...not the supporting cast...its on them.

All I have to say is look at who was coaching Kobe. Phil Jackson. Who did Wade have when he had his the best postseason of his career? Pat Riley.

Who did Lebron have? Mike Brown? Spo?

It's possible to have the players, but not an organized team. This team is not organized.

It starts with the coach. Spo's gotta go and Riley's gotta come in or Adelman/Sloan.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

All I have to say is look at who was coaching Kobe. Phil Jackson. Who did Wade have when he had his the best postseason of his career? Pat Riley.

Who did Lebron have? Mike Brown? Spo?

It's possible to have the players, but not an organized team. This team is not organized.

It starts with the coach. Spo's gotta go and Riley's gotta come in or Adelman/Sloan.

Spo has always sucked but he is the least of the heat's problems. You guys don't have a bench, a center, or a capable PG.

Local High School Star

Why're there so many overreactions about this thing?

Miami has its flaws like any time. It's up to them to correct them before playoff time.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    It won't be disappointing to me if they lose. It would be glorious.
    I share your feelings