Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Banned

Default Re: Your thoughts on Lebron James 0 pts in OT

typical lebron.

shrinks during winning moments (end of the 4th quarter or overtime).

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    but these are the kind of late game performances that people EXPECT out of LeBron.
    Why though? Haven't people learned anything the last 2 seasons?

what was his FG%?

that is all that matters...

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    what was his FG%?

that is all that matters...
    Yeah, he probably didn't want to risk lowering it by chucking in OT.

The Holy Trinity

It's an example of the unpredictability about his approach this year, and to a lesser extent last year, that drives me insane. For the first three quarters, he was Kobe. If he'd shot the ball at the same rate in the 4th quarter as he did the rest of the game, he'd have ended up with 30 FGAs.

He shot himself into a respectable shooting game by sheer volume in the first three quarters, especially the first quarter. He missed but kept firing until he got on track. But, this was a game where he " Larry Hughes-ed" Wade (and these games are becoming more common recently). The unwritten protocol that has been established between them is that if you miss a couple of plays, the other guy gets a chance.

But, James kept hoisting, and at the end of the 1st quarter, he was 3/8, and Wade was 2/3. After three quarters, Wade had taken a grand total of 11 shots.

Fortunately, Wade turned into the real Wade in the 4th, although he could only make five consecutive shots which wasn't enough. But, the point is the 4th quarter was the first chance he had to get into rhythm. For the rest of the game, he like the other members of the Heat stood and watched LeBron play LeBron-ball, and not surprisingly, the Heat trailed by double digits to that point.

But, then there are games when LeBron is extremely under-aggressive too, and that's what is so frustrating because I never have any idea what to expect from him. And even if Wade may be a lesser player, I know exactly what I can count on from him every night, at least in terms of effort and what he's gonna try to do. But, with LeBron, how he plays is up to whatever wild and seemingly unknowable whims that factor into his mentality from game to game.

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    It's an example of the unpredictability about his approach this year, and to a lesser extent last year, that drives me insane. For the first three quarters, he was Kobe. If he'd shot the ball at the same rate in the 4th quarter as he did the rest of the game, he'd have ended up with 30 FGAs.

He shot himself into a respectable shooting game by sheer volume in the first three quarters, especially the first quarter. He missed but kept firing until he got on track. But, this was a game where he " Larry Hughes-ed" Wade (and these games are becoming more common recently). The unwritten protocol that has been established between them is that if you miss a couple of plays, the other guy gets a chance.

But, James kept hoisting, and at the end of the 1st quarter, he was 3/8, and Wade was 2/3. After three quarters, Wade had taken a grand total of 11 shots.

Fortunately, Wade turned into the real Wade in the 4th, although he could only make five consecutive shots which wasn't enough. But, the point is the 4th quarter was the first chance he had to get into rhythm. For the rest of the game, he like the other members of the Heat stood and watched LeBron play LeBron-ball, and not surprisingly, the Heat trailed by double digits to that point.

But, then there are games when LeBron is extremely under-aggressive too, and that's what is so frustrating because I never have any idea what to expect from him. And even if Wade may be a lesser player, I know exactly what I can count on from him every night, at least in terms of effort and what he's gonna try to do. But, with LeBron, how he plays is up to whatever wild and seemingly unknowable whims that factor into his mentality from game to game.
    Hormones.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Lebron chokes again! How can his fans keep defending his choking nature?
    Because they have been no brainers and losers have thought lbj is the greatest of the greatest through entire NBA history.

Last edited by nbacardDOTnet; 04-13-2012 at 07:29 PM.