Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Can we all agree on the 2 best point guards in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    this thread should be renamed "retards unite"

If we're looking at this season on its own, I absolutely have to have CP3 in my top 2. I'm holding off to see where Rose/CP3/Rondo/Westbrook all stack up after the regular season ends and the playoffs begin.

I appreciate all the star PG's in the league
    Nash, Rondo, Rose, CP3, Deron, Parker and Westbrook.

Instead of seeing it as hating on a few over the other, one should understand that there is different things each bring to the table and preferring one over the other isn't the slight that some might think it is.

In terms of pure pg ability give me
    Rondo, Cp3 and Nash

in terms of scoring especially down the stretch give me
    Rose, Deron, Westbrook, and Parker

If I'm building a team around one of these 7 PG's it will largely depend on the other pieces to determine who I would take.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    I appreciate all the star PG's in the league
    Nash, Rondo, Rose, CP3, Deron, Parker and Westbrook.

Instead of seeing it as hating on a few over the other, one should understand that there is different things each bring to the table and preferring one over the other isn't the slight that some might think it is.

In terms of pure pg ability give me
    Rondo, Cp3 and Nash

in terms of scoring especially down the stretch give me
    Rose, Deron, Westbrook, and Parker

If I'm building a team around one of these 7 PG's it will largely depend on the other pieces to determine who I would take.
    Thats why CP3 is the best... he can do both of those things with ease

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Yes CP3/Deron are probably the most balanced but their are other attributes to consider. I don't want to simplify the PG position to scoring and playmaking.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

No PG is as good as CP3 when it comes to ability to consistently take over and dominate games late and take over down the stretch with scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    Yes CP3/Deron are probably the most balanced but their are other attributes to consider. I don't want to simplify the PG position to scoring and playmaking.
    That's probably what you want most out of your point guard, though. Having a lock down PG is nice too but backcourt players hardly (if ever) anchor a defense. Generally what you want out of your point guards is the ability to see plays before they happen and execute them, find the right guy to get the ball to him in rhythm, and keep the defense honest with his shooting. If he does everything else averagely (defend, rebound, pick-up steals) then it's gravy.
    Last edited by Fiasco; 04-12-2012 at 05:11 AM.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

I was surprised it took the Bulls fans so long to come into this thread

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWhiteGreen
    I was surprised it took the Bulls fans so long to come into this thread
    Too busy face palming since the first page to comment. Hell, still am. Short term memory like a bitch in here.

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Too busy face palming since the first page to comment. Hell, still am. Short term memory like a bitch in here.
    Hard to accept Rose is not a top 2 PG atm? I have Rose at 4/5 this season. Dude hasn't played enough games, and to be honest, despite what public opinion 'polls' say, he hasn't been that impressive when he has. Paul, Rondo, Parker, Westbrook and probably Nash have all been better this year. Hard to argue otherwise unless you're a Bulls fan.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    It's hard to seperate all of these PGs are individual players.

What is easy to understand is that the Celtics, Clippers, and Suns would be awful lottery teams without their respective point guards. The Bulls, Thunder, and Spurs would still make the playoffs.
    Rondo is the best player but Pierce, KG and Allen would keep the Cs in contention for the 8th spot. The season first turned around due to Pierce finally getting healthy while Rondo was out, and then the team took off with the two playing well together while KG has become one of the EC's best centers. He'd be an All-Star if he had been at center the whole season.

This season...its CP3 and Rondo all the way. Everyone else is playing to match what they're doing.

Rose isn't getting it from me because he's having a tough year with the injuries and his team is doing a pretty good job without him in the lineup on those nights. Bulls are just front-to-back a really, really good team.

When you take guys like Deron or CP or Rondo... it's really hard to say one is better. They are all great and if one is better it's such a tiny gap.

I'm taking Deron cuz he's an Illini and I feel he's more of a matchup nightmare than the other two.

Then you have Rose who is just a star. It's true he isn't a PG because I couldn't see him playing on a team of great scorers and deferring to them. But he plays the PG spot and gets his team wins.

Westbrook is a beast but I don't put him in the same category as those guys. He's just not smart enough. He is the only player that can be mentioned as a top PG who would shoot you out of the game. And he's also the only player mentioned who has a player on his team that is the clear-cut better talent.

You guys can say Rondo is the best player on the Cs, but I think it's Pierce.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    There is no short term memory. Bulls fans in denial I see. CP3 has been the best pg in the league since 4-5 years ago pal. And you can give me Rondo over Rose every day of the week and twice on sundays if I'm building my team on a pg.

Don't give me the bulls record or last year reg. season MVP as arguments. I watch em play, I know whos the better pg.