Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

Default Re: Jalen Rose: "Kwame Brown Is NOT A Scrub"

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Kwame Brown is overrated even as a role player. The man lives to collect fouls. "Defensive presence"? Are you people f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king serious?
    This personally would be my description of him.

I'm truly trying to understand if peeps are serious or what cause when GS signed Kwame this season, all you saw was "OMG Kwame Brown! Why'd they sign him?! $7M!!!???"

Now he's a good role player.

College superstar

Kwame Brown is overrated even as a role player. The man lives to collect fouls. "Defensive presence"? Are you people f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king serious?
    He can't be overrated when no one even pays attention to him.

Kwame's defense isn't like DeAndre Jordan's. He's not a help defender, he's a man-defender. The only thing is, there aren't many C's in the league that need to be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by WillyJakk

I'm truly trying to understand if peeps are serious or what cause when GS signed Kwame this season, all you saw was "OMG Kwame Brown! Why'd they sign him?! $7M!!!???"

I knew they had something up their sleeves when signing him. I think they really wanted the flexibility of using him in a trade. 7 mil expiring contract.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    Jalen does have a point on how Scrub being used as a intentional slander can be wrong, and I can see his point as saying Kwame is not a scrub. He might not have lived up to expectations, but the guy is in the NBA for some apparent reason, and attacking their character is too far.
    By that standard how can you call anyone in the NBA a scrub?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    By that standard how can you call anyone in the NBA a scrub?
    That was Jalen's point.

No the reaction was why did they sign Kwame Brown for $7mil. Not so much why did they sign him. Had he signed for half of the $7mil? There wouldnt be much OMG Kwame Brown? Why'd they sign him?!.

You're mentioning the reaction of Kwame being overpaid. Not the reaction of why any team would sign Kwame Brown. Whats not to understand about this?

Kwame getting so many minutes over his career is proof of how weak the center position has become.

No way he shoud have started last season for Charlotte and gotten 7 million from Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    No the reaction was why did they sign Kwame Brown for $7mil. Not so much why did they sign him. Had he signed for half of the $7mil? There wouldnt be much OMG Kwame Brown? Why'd they sign him?!.

You're mentioning the reaction of Kwame being overpaid. Not the reaction of why any team would sign Kwame Brown. Whats not to understand about this?
    I think if you really look deep w/ in your own post you'd understand the direct correlation in the reaction of people to signing Kwame Brown, a scrub to a $7M contract.

You go on to mention "Had he signed for half of the $7mil? There wouldnt be much OMG Kwame Brown? Why'd they sign him?!".

Now let that sink in and think about it... the reaction was because GS signed a scrub to an inflated contract, they overpaid for him.

I think if you really look deep w/ in your own post you'd understand the direct correlation in the reaction of people to signing Kwame Brown, a scrub to a $7M contract.

You go on to mention "Had he signed for half of the $7mil? There wouldnt be much OMG Kwame Brown? Why'd they sign him?!".

Now let that sink in and think about it... the reaction was because GS signed a scrub to an inflated contract, they overpaid for him.
    How can you tell people what they meant by their posts? You cant.

You feel he is a scrub? Fine, not everyone feels that way.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How can you tell people what they meant by their posts? You cant.

You feel he is a scrub? Fine, not everyone feels that way.
    Nice to see we're back on speaking terms!

Good college starter

Yes he is. He get confused on rotating on the weakside, not good as a help defender but as far as his one on one defense, he is solid. He is a very good on ball defender per se.

The guy sucks b@lls and isn't worth talking about!!!!
    Geez....even suk @ss Luke Walton still has a job
    Sometimes it's just who you know.

Banned

While i understand the argument people make saying that only "450" players are on an NBA roster that means that anyone that makes it is NOT a scrub, i disagree because the terminology with big men can be confusing. Some of these bench warmers/scrub big men are in the league just because of their size, not because they are skilled in the game of basketball. So while i disagree with both counts that Kwame is a scrub, and that are plenty of centers who are scrubs in the league as of today.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Well, people on youtube videos say the following,

"no worst player next too scalabrine"

Kwame was playing pretty good on the Warriors... and helped Bobcat's defense out a lot.

Kwame would probably be the best player on the Bobcats right now.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    Kwame is a bust, not a scrub. SMH @ people who don't know the difference.
    Bingo. Kwame is a serviceable big man. He plays excellent man defense in the post. He's limited as hell and you'd rather not have him starting, but he can be a useful role player off the bench.