Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What NBA teams could use Milos Teodosic?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's a shooting guard that handles the ball. He's not a point guard. He's adequate on defense, if used at his actual proper position (something CSKA isn't doing).
    He played PG for like every team he was on. He can play SG tho, but rarely does. Why would you want to waste such great court vision and passing?

McCalebb is really good, but he struggled a bit dealing with Vangelis Mantzaris. He's a great player, but he's also currently the most overrated player in Europe.
    He's way better than someone like Ty Lawson though.
    How is he rated at all? People barely even know him...
    now hopefully we make the olympics and face the americans, world will get to know him, might even get some nba offers, he is still young and better than most of nba combo-guards

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    now hopefully we make the olympics and face the americans, world will get to know him, might even get some nba offers, he is still young and better than most of nba combo-guards
    I think that he said he doesnt want to go to NBA . They didnt want him before and now he doesnt want to leave place where he got a chance . Everyone who folows European basketball knows who he is . People that dont know him are in big loss because he is great .

And then there is Navarro, which is yet another story.
    What aboute him ?

No. Llull is the most overrated European player in the United States. Because everyone in the US thinks he is wonderful, due to Daryl Morey fake hype nonsense.

In Europe, he's just thought of as another player really.
    I think you and chains are wrong , most overrated European player is Vesely . He can only dunk , rebound , hustle and is very nice guy but I heard people call him best sf in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    He played PG for like every team he was on. He can play SG tho, but rarely does. Why would you want to waste such great court vision and passing?
    He's not a PG at all. He's a primary ball handler and pick and roll shooting guard.

He can't play defense at PG if his life depended on it.

He's no more of a PG than Manu is.

The guy with the ball does not have to be the point guard. There are all kinds of players that run the offense and don't play point guard. And Teodosic never played point guard in Olympiacos. He was always the two guard there. Yes, he ran the offense, but as a two guard, well except last year. Last year Spanoulis ran the offense.

The point is that he plays as a two guard that is running pick and roll and getting into the sets and guards the two. That is same as Manu does. Manu isn't a point guard. That is same as LeBron does (while guarding the 3) - LeBron isn't a point guard, etc.

In Euroleague for example, Diamantidis is a small forward that runs the offense. He's a small forward, not a point guard. You can run the offense from any position.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-08-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I think you and chains are wrong , most overrated European player is Vesely . He can only dunk , rebound , hustle and is very nice guy but I heard people call him best sf in Europe.
    We are talking about the guys in Europe, as in Euroleague players (including non-Europeans). Not European players in the NBA.

If we are going to add European players that are in the NBA - then Rubio automatically goes to the top of the most overrated list.

As far as Vesely being the best SF in Europe..............anyone that said that was nuts. Better than Diamantidis, San Emeterio, Mickeal, Eidson, Hairston, and players like that? That is some funny stuff. Surely you joke when you say that some people told you that?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 04-08-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    Americans barely know him. He's known in Europe. Believe it or not, America is not the whole planet Earth. He's very well known in Europe.

You don't have to be known in USA to be known.

What aboute him ?
    The greatest flopper in world basketball history.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease GilZero's Avatar

Milos would be great for any team with a good defender at the 2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by GilZero
    Milos would be great for any team with a good defender at the 2 spot.
    I think you mean a good defender at the 1 spot.

We are talking about the guys in Europe, as in Euroleague players (including non-Europeans). Not European players in the NBA.

If we are going to add European players that are in the NBA - then Rubio automatically goes to the top of the most overrated list.

As far as Vesely being the best SF in Europe..............anyone that said that was nuts. Better than Diamantidis, San Emeterio, Mickeal, Eidson, Hairston, and players like that? That is some funny stuff. Surely you joke when you say that some people told you that?
    No I m not joking . I heard people call him one of the best and the best SF in Europe .

That Cup final was a fluke game. Llull got hot in the first half and then Carroll went absolute nuts in the second half. He had something like 22 points in 15 minutes or something crazy like that.

Even crazier though was that they didn't even give Carroll the MVP.......wait, now that I think about it, Llull got the MVP instead and he got in second all Euroleague team last year..........

You are right, Llull is the most overrated player in Europe.
    Agreed

He isnt that bad on defense , he cant guard a pg but is solid at guarding sg .
    Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    He'd get destroyed on D even more than Calderon IMO.

Didn't know he's a Lakers fan. I don't think he can defend 2 guards well in the NBA but if he plays on a good defensive team that can mask his liabilities and it won't be as big of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    Get him in Sacramento. They could use a PG (I'm not sold on Thomas as a playmaker) and they haven't had a Euro to root for in awhile
    He'd definitely fit well there. He could get Cousins easy looks and play off the ball and space the floor when Evans is handling it. Isaiah Thomas is best suited as a guard off the bench IMO.

The biggest problem I see for Teodosic is that he is a cigarette smoker, and I don't see NBA teams in this day tolerating that.