Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: ESPN Article: Bulls record raises questions about Derrick Rose's 2011 MVP award

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Everything I said is true. The Bulls have great shooters (Korver, Watson, even Lucas) coming off the bench, followed by the best defensive front court in the NBA (Taj, Noah, Asik) and also the best all together defense in the NBA. They have the COTY and also another All-Star in Deng. So what the hell are you laughing at?

[color=white]STILL WON'T BEAT MIAMI DOE!! BITCH[/color]
    Mad/scared/jealous heat fans' argument is so dumb he hes basing his argument of last years mvp award on this years team.

Default Re: ESPN Article: Bulls record raises questions about Derrick Rose's 2011 MVP award

Bulls' defense is their real MVP. Rose is almost 24 yrs.old. He needs to improve his mid range jumper if he wants to have a longer NBA Career. He already missed a lot of games this season.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    i hate hearing ignorant people say stuff that is false. look at the bulls record with and without rose this season. 15-7 29-6. is that enough proof for you that he has a major impact on this team? what about last year when he produced 28.5 and 7 assists against the top 6 teams in the nba.
    This. And the fact they totally dominated the other 5 top contenders in the league after Dec 3. - a clean sweep in like 10 games. And the Bulls team didn't have a second guy that could consistently step up in tight games. Its a crappy argument.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox
    Mad/scared/jealous heat fans' argument is so dumb he hes basing his argument of last years mvp award on this years team.
    That's cuz they have no real coherent defense for Rose not winning the MVP last year. So, their tactic is to say "oh see this team is so good, they can win without Rose....THIS YEAR" as to try and discredit him. Talk about grasping at straws. Pathetic.

Banned

LOL at salty Heat fans in here

Rose deserved it last year but last year was also one of the weakest fields ever for MVP candidates. If he had the same stats this year, I don't think he'd be in the top 2.

Same John Holliger says D-Wade has best final perfomance of all time?

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    It makes you stop and question it, but ultimately it teams can pull together even when they miss their star. Look at the 1993-94 Bulls without Jordan. A similar argument could be made that Jordan is overrated because that team didn't have a huge dip in its record, but we all know the difference is between the two teams is larger than the record shows. Likewise, it is just stupid to think the Bulls are just as good without Rose just because the record is still good.
    There's also no statistic that attributes to how Rose and Jordan in the past had a huge part in framing the culture, attitude, and expectations of their team which is a huge reason why they do so well without him. Lets say Rose was never on this team in the first place and I guarantee that they don't do as well as they've been doing without him right now.

Its funny how much people blow up what happened in 1994 without Jordan. The funny thing is if it was someone like Tracy Mcgrady or Vince Carter that had been in Jordan's place all those years then retired all of a sudden, good chance that 94 team has 5-10 more losses and today people would be praising T-Mac and Vince for how much of a decline they had without them. I could see the same thing today if it was someone like Deron Williams in Rose's place on this team.
    Last edited by guy; 04-07-2012 at 03:35 PM.

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

ugh... never ending discussion of what qualifies an MVP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Rose deserved it last year but last year was also one of the weakest fields ever for MVP candidates. If he had the same stats this year, I don't think he'd be in the top 2.
    Like it ain't weak this year?

Lebron or Durant don't have no interesting MVP story at all, fact is they're the only 2 doing anything worth a MVP recognition...thats pretty much it. But both of them have had boring years for the most part.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    He shouldn't have won it. Simple as that. Should have been either LeBron or Dwight. Rose's supporting cast is EASILY the best in the league. An All-Star in Deng, the best defensive front-court in the NBA, great shooting off the bench and the best defense in the NBA. Oh yeah, his coach isn't that bad either.
    Take LeBron off the Heat and the Heat will still be at least a top 4 team in the east. Take Durant Off the Thunder and the Thunder would still be at least a Top 3-4 team in the west. Take Rose off of the Bulls and the Bulls would be a top 5-6 team in the East.

No player has won anything without a good supporting cast.

LeBron is overrated IMO
    Last edited by Celtics4ever; 04-07-2012 at 04:27 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    There's also no statistic that attributes to how Rose and Jordan in the past had a huge part in framing the culture, attitude, and expectations of their team which is a huge reason why they do so well without him. Lets say Rose was never on this team in the first place and I guarantee that they don't do as well as they've been doing without him right now.

Its funny how much people blow up what happened in 1994 without Jordan. The funny thing is if it was someone like Tracy Mcgrady or Vince Carter that had been in Jordan's place all those years then retired all of a sudden, good chance that 94 team has 5-10 more losses and today people would be praising T-Mac and Vince for how much of a decline they had without them. I could see the same thing today if it was someone like Deron Williams in Rose's place on this team.
    Very true.

Having Rose on the team gives the team belief that they are playing for the ultimate prize, which would help keep them focused, even when Rose is not in the game. I would expect the same from other contending teams, just like last year when Durant sat out for a while and OKC still did well behind Westbrook's lead. People overreacted then too about Durant not having a big impact.

He won the record because he carried the team to wins at the end of games. I can't remember how many games Rose led a 4th quarter comeback, or led the team to pull away in the 4th, but it seemed like it was every damn night.

Plus Chicago missed Booz and Noah for long stretches last season. Pair that with the best record in the league and Rose's awesome season and you've got the MVP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    He won the record because he carried the team to wins at the end of games. I can't remember how many games Rose led a 4th quarter comeback, or led the team to pull away in the 4th, but it seemed like it was every damn night.

Plus Chicago missed Booz and Noah for long stretches last season. Pair that with the best record in the league and Rose's awesome season and you've got the MVP.
    And this is what separates Stat whores from folks who watched the games. Too many games last year we should have just not won, period. Rose pulled some incredible feats to get some of those wins last year.

Local High School Star

i think the greatest aspect of Rose's game has nothing to do with his game, but his approach and attitude that he brings to the team.

I wonder where posters would rate Rose as a talent.. I don't think his impact is massive on a team like what Nash/Paul brings from a tangible perspective.

He seems like he might be just under Paul and Nash from an impact perspective imo, but its arguable. To be clear, i'm comparing him to the peaks of those players.

I'd be convinced that he's in those guys tier if he can become a bit more reliable/efficient as a scorer. That's where he does the most damage.