Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Reggie Miller - HOF

Just want to congratulate my favorite player of all time!

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Reggie Miller - HOF

Miller time

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

One year too late, easily a first ballot hall of famer.

Spike Lee, U MAD?

Obligatory video.
    Last edited by Faptastrophe; 04-02-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

Grats to him! Well deserved!

Decent playground baller srekaL's Avatar

I Always thought Reggie was a bit overrated. Just my opinion, nonetheless probably HOF worthy considering some of the people in it.

Complete Player

It must have been a weak year for HOF candidates. I figured Miller would be on the 20 year waiting list. He was a great shooter and all but that's about it. He didn't revolutionize his position, was never considered the best of the best, weak at playmaking, rebounding, and defense. The guy was a one trick pony and doesn't have a single great accolade to his credit. That Knicks rivalry carried him a LONG way

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

I don't know how reggie miller could be any person's (not from Indiana) favorite player.
    Last edited by CLTHornets4eva; 04-02-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    It must have been a weak year for HOF candidates. I figured Miller would be on the 20 year waiting list. He was a great shooter and all but that's about it. He didn't revolutionize his position, was never considered the best of the best, weak at playmaking, rebounding, and defense. The guy was a one trick pony and doesn't have a single great accolade to his credit. That Knicks rivalry carried him a LONG way
    There was absolutely never any doubt about his Hall of Fame credentials. He was a special player- one of the best long range shooters and arguably one of the best clutch shooters in the game. The things he did in the playoffs are unreal and the 30 for 30 on him only shows a glimpse of his greatest moments.
    The ulitmate prize, an NBA Championship, may have eluded him (close in 2000), but championship totals often don't tell the whole story. Reggie Miller was a real 'winner' in the truest sense of the word...and now the Hall of Fame has officially acknowledged that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    The HOF is a joke these days so it doesn't surprise me that Miller got in. I am surprised though that he got in before Bernard King. King was far better and far superior player than Miller was. King also has far more awards and accolades than Miller did. I guess Miller's longevity put him up over King in the HOF voting.

It's also funny too because on the other site I occasionally view and post (not as much ISH), they have Reggie Miller is a top 40-45 player of all-time which I find extremely laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

to Miller

Decent playground baller

Jordan has mentioned multiple times that he wishes he was as clutch & could shoot as a well as Reggie. He's possibly the greatest "catch & shoot" guard of all time. Something should be said for the fact that MANY championship teams in the 90s had to battle Reggie & the Pacers for 6 or 7 games in the ECF or ECSF. Had Reggie ever had a complimentary player on the level of Pippen or Malone, it's no question he goes to more than just the 00' Finals.

Reggie was a truly polarizing figure. You'll be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't either love or hate Reggie. On top of that, Reggie essentially saved basketball in Indianapolis, as the Pacers had been routine lottery dwellers & were hemorraging cash until he arrived.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Pretty cool that you are a Reggie Miller fan. The dude was a stone cold player. Ice water in his veins. I always loved the fact that he was a gamer. Congrats Reggie Miller

He should of been in the first time but, congrats Regg. I still got my Reggie jersey in mint condition.

College star

Congratulations, very well deserved.