Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    TheBluest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default So Rondo Passes Kobe In Trip Dubs

We know what that means when a player passes up another player statistically......

Not to mention how this is another notch in the Celtic/Laker rivalry

It's important we update milestones. We want to make sure all fans of every player are well informed of how respectively great they are in relation to other players......

I know this may hurt some feelings and cause some to shed tears on their Hot Wheels bed sheets but it'll be okay. Rondo is going to create hella separation here between he and Kobe adding to his greatness.

TheBluest

Default Re: So Rondo Passes Kobe In Trip Dubs

Oh and it only took Rondo less than 6yrs to do it.....which makes this even more remarkable

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Nice!

The 2 best pg's in the game:

1-CP3
    2-Rondo

I've been saying it for a while, its time all accept it.

Congrats! If you are waiting for tears just wait until he passes Jordan.

TheBluest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    The 2 best pg's in the game:

1-CP3
    2-Rondo

I've been saying it for a while, its time all accept it.

He very well could be. I still might have Nash ahead of him based on pure position role and shooting ability but if we're judging players fairly by all-around game and appreciating everything they do that impacts the game then Yeah I have to say Rondo is no lower than 3 currently.

And before any retard comes in trying to stamp down Rondo in efforts to make this accomplishment irrelevant, then how come there aren't more players getting Triple Doubles on a regular basis including the great ones?

Matter of fact Rondo may catch Lebron in 2-3yrs here in this statistical area passing up another so-called great.
    Last edited by TheBluest; 04-02-2012 at 12:03 PM.

As much as I hate to say it, Rondo is the best POINT GUARD in the league. By POINT GUARD I mean a guy who runs his team in perfection by making the right passes and rallying his troops in traffic. A point guard isn't a guy who averages 25/5/5 playing the point guard position (Westbrook).. he just plays the position but he doesn't play as a point guard. Rondo and Steve Nash are definitions of a point guard in today's league.

TheBluest

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Congrats! If you are waiting for tears just wait until he passes Jordan.
    Which will only make Rondo more deified. There are already several players ahead of Jordan so tears if shed would have dropped and dried by now.

Meanwhile heal from the more recent flesh wound Rondo has inflicted on the masses.....it's to the bone marrow, deep Conbreh
    Last edited by TheBluest; 04-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.

TheBluest

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    As much as I hate to say it, Rondo is the best POINT GUARD in the league. By POINT GUARD I mean a guy who runs his team in perfection by making the right passes and rallying his troops in traffic. A point guard isn't a guy who averages 25/5/5 playing the point guard position (Westbrook).. he just plays the position but he doesn't play as a point guard. Rondo and Steve Nash are definitions of a point guard in today's league.

Don't just single out Westbrook add......Rose/Wall/Jennings/Curry/Parker/Harris/Evans

All these guys have their nitch playing this position but in comparison to the

Rondo is POINT GOD

The day he acquires a J is the day he will become a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Punpun
    He was making the J against the Heat yesterday, who knows if he can keep that up

TheBluest

Don't speak on this as if it's the prerequisite/gospel..... Ason Kidd A.K.A. Fist Of Fury(first 10-12yrs in the L) debunked this myth.

The fact HOFrs are currently following his lead is a testament of his Superstardome

Rondo scores in ways other point guards can't and never will. I mean fans were looking at Rose as a Superstar before he developed a consistent J.

Accumulative accomplishments like point totals and triple doubles don't have a place in a one to one comparison, well in my opinion at least -- but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBluest
    Don't speak on this as if it's the prerequisite/gospel..... Ason Kidd A.K.A. Fist Of Fury(first 10-12yrs in the L) debunked this myth.
    As long as he won't be able to hit open shot, he will be guarded like Kobe guards him. I.E 10 feet away impeding him to drive.

TheBluest

As long as he won't be able to hit open shot, he will be guarded like Kobe guards him. I.E 10 feet away impeding him to drive.
    Actually this defensive tactic has been debunked too....Kenny Smith and other analyst have stated over and over you can't give Rondo site lines or room to eat up space with his dribble by sagging off. Dude is too crafty and will find a way to beat you still. Fans are clearly being delusional thinking this is the key to stopping this guy.

For crying out loud teams have been sagging off of him his whole career and he still messes around getting triple doubles beating teams on a regular basis. It's not like they lose games all because he shoots poorly. Go look up games they win, you find out they win whether he shoots above 50%, 50%, below 50%,

I could see if he was shooting low 40% tile but he isn't and is near 50% for his career. If you want to say well he's shooting layups well how can he do this at a 50% career clip is teams are sagging off him daring him to shoot?

Oh I get it though if Rondo shot and made more jumpers then he'd be getting the WestBrick treatment and fans would lash out at him wondering why he won't pass the rock to his HOFrs more.