Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If Anfernee Hardaway never got hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    too much leg
    isn't that how you wear your shorts?

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

No he would not have been the greatest point guard in history.....but those calling him overrated never saw him really play, I remember Shaq being out at the beginning of the season, not sure if it was his 2nd or 3rd season, he was going bananas, putting up Lebron type numbers. Also his insane playoff series was him coming into his own...I'm on my phone, but if u look up that series it was pretty insane, believe he played a lot of two guard that series.....then came the injuries.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    isn't that how you wear your shorts?
    not since 1991

Good High School Starter SmackOrH.A.K's Avatar

he had joe johnson like career stats. and i know stats don't tell the whole story but idk how someone who averaged 20pts and 6apg at age 25 could be the GOAT PG.

Hardaway is far better then Payton and Iverson.
    He was not better than AI. AI is arguably the best little man ever and top 25-30 all time in my book. Penny would not have approached that.

he had joe johnson like career stats. and i know stats don't tell the whole story but idk how someone who averaged 20pts and 6apg at age 25 could be the GOAT PG.
    Simple. He couldn't be, and he wasn't.

3-time NBA All-Star

He's overrated, and so is Grant Hill. They were great players, but they weren't as good as Lebron, Wade, Kobe, or even prime T-Mac like alot of people seem to think. I do think he never reached his peak statistically, although I don't think he would've ever been much better as a player then he was. I think at his peak he would've been something like 26/7/4 on 47%. His best season was 22/7/4 on 51%.

I see a similar thing possibly happening with Brandon Roy. In 10 years, people will be saying he would've been just as good as Kevin Durant.

he wouldve been amongst the greatest players of his era...maybe not not kobe great...but he wouldnt be a mediocre player like some ppl say he is...

penny gave pippen fits on D...and thats a prime Pippen from the 90s...

He's overrated, and so is Grant Hill. They were great players, but they weren't as good as Lebron, Wade, Kobe, or even prime T-Mac like alot of people seem to think.
    The thing is, I dont see too many people overrating Grant Hill. Generally, he's properly rated, at about a Scottie Pippen-level.

Penny gets elevated above that. I've seen "all time great", "best pg ever", even "top-5 all time", assuming he never got injured. And Penny wasn't even as good as Hill.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    The thing is, I dont see too many people overrating Grant Hill. Generally, he's properly rated, at about a Scottie Pippen-level.

Penny gets elevated above that. I've seen "all time great", "best pg ever", even "top-5 all time", assuming he never got injured. And Penny wasn't even as good as Hill.
    I've read plenty of people say Hill was basically Lebron before Lebron.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease plUto or bUst's Avatar

When you consider that Penny's career high is 42, then you would realize that he was not the explosive scorer many believed.

He was definitely not as good as Hill. Hill could do everything just a little better than Hardaway.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

hill never got out of the first round..during his prime

just did it with suns 2-3 years ago

penny was the better player

grant doesn't have alpha male quality, great complementary player and teammate but penny was front line top tier player.....

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst
    When you consider that Penny's career high is 42, then you would realize that he was not the explosive scorer many believed.

He was definitely not as good as Hill. Hill could do everything just a little better than Hardaway.

first part makes no sense...pg is usually not top scorer on team...

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    Johnson was slow with no jump shot, put him on a sorry team and he wouldn't help much. He's the type of guy who looked good on a good team.

If Magic Johnson hadn't played in LOS ANGELES and instead played in Sarcmento or for the Clippers during his time of playing, nobody would be talking about him as being great. He's overrated just like Larry Bird.

Great players shine under any circumstances.
    nahh.........

jason kidd who patterned much of his game after magic...even his uniform numbers have been tributes to magic

kidd took a loser franchise to finals twice

magic is a winner..and would have had success anywhere

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plUto or bUst

Wth, dude was a point guard, bet he probably never took more than 15 shots a game.
    Also his playoff series at the two guard he put up back to back 40 point games, avg. like 30 points a game that series, the guy was still improving which was cut off by injury. It amazing how people act like he hit his peak