Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If Anfernee Hardaway never got hurt?

Magic Johnson would still be the GOAT PG, even if Penny never got injured. I think Penny would have a tough case being ranked over John Stockton, too.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    He would have been the greatest PG of all time. Hardaway was a 6'5 6'6 PG with a deadly jump shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I may have to respectfully disagree with the statement, "If Penny was a PG then so was/is Lebron & Wade." Through his prime, Penny was primarily a point guard. As in, a lineup would typically look like: C-Shaquille O'Neal, PF-Horace Grant, SF-Dennis Scott/Donald Royal, SG-Nick Anderson, PG-Anfernee Hardaway. That's not to say he always started at point guard, but that was his primary position, where Wade and James would typically be referred to as primarily being a shooting guard and small forward, respectfully. There was no need to sign a Mo Williams, Boobie Gibson, or Mario Chalmers, because Penny was the point guard.
    Only 2 years did the Magic lineup look like that... even those 2 years would he often switch to SG...

Penny was a true combo-guard... who loved to break down point-guards in the post... He was something like a Tyreke Evans / Dwyane Wade / Rookie Lebron in his prime in terms of size, gamestyle and position/role...

My point is.......... PENNY HARDAWAY WAS MORE THAN JUST A POINT-GUARD.... he was not only a point-guard and he should also NOT be classified as one position, especially not point-guard.... a player is classified by the position he started the most... and in Pennys case it was Shooting-Guard........

Sorry but i hate to define such versatile players by one position.... such as Magic, Lebron, Penny, Pippen.... they were much more than just ONE position... especially Magic / Lebron, they used to ping-pong between 4 positions their entire career... hell even Center at times lol... offensively & defensively...

You say: "Magic was the greatest PG of all time"
    I say: "Magic was the greatest point-forward of all time"

Magic could have been the best SG or SF or PF of all time.... thats how good he was...
    Last edited by pauk; 04-03-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Penny wasnt even f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking with Gary Payton.

Penny is overrated=shut up.

But he was definitely a PG who could fill in at the other two spots. He was not a combo guard. He played PG in high school, when he was the same height. The idea of turning him into a SG was one of the worst decisions ever. PG. And he would be aiming for top 5.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Only 2 years did the Magic lineup look like that... even those 2 years would he often switch to SG...

Penny was a true combo-guard... who loved to break down point-guards in the post... He was something like a Tyreke Evans / Dwyane Wade / Rookie Lebron in his prime in terms of size, gamestyle and position/role...

My point is.......... PENNY HARDAWAY WAS MORE THAN JUST A POINT-GUARD.... he was not only a point-guard and he should also NOT be classified as one position, especially not point-guard.... a player is classified by the position he started the most... and in Pennys case it was Shooting-Guard........

Sorry but i hate to define such versatile players by one position.... such as Magic, Lebron, Penny, Pippen.... they were much more than just ONE position... especially Magic / Lebron, they used to ping-pong between 4 positions their entire career... hell even Center at times lol... offensively & defensively...

You say: "Magic was the greatest PG of all time"
    I say: "Magic was the greatest point-forward of all time"

Magic could have been the best SG or SF or PF of all time.... thats how good he was...
    I see where you're coming from, where you don't want to limit a player by stating his position, but I'm a little different. If I hear someone's primary position was point guard, I don't automatically assume limitations and a lack of versatility. There's clearly always more to the story. Stating a player's position, to me, is just that, it's stating what position they most often played.

In my opinion, I thought Penny Hardaway was most dangerous during his years as Orlando's starting point guard. That doesn't mean I thought he merely distributed the ball well and had a low turnover count. I'm just saying I liked the idea of a guy like Hardaway handling the ball at all times and making the decisions, as opposed to playing off the ball by default.

Most of you are buffons/nerds who don't know basketball anyway.

Hardaway is far better then Payton and Iverson.

Lil Penny > Anfernee Hardaway

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Magic Johnson would still be the GOAT PG, even if Penny never got injured. I think Penny would have a tough case being ranked over John Stockton, too.

Johnson was slow with no jump shot, put him on a sorry team and he wouldn't help much. He's the type of guy who looked good on a good team.

If Magic Johnson hadn't played in LOS ANGELES and instead played in Sarcmento or for the Clippers during his time of playing, nobody would be talking about him as being great. He's overrated just like Larry Bird.

Great players shine under any circumstances.

Great college starter

Johnson was slow with no jump shot, put him on a sorry team and he wouldn't help much. He's the type of guy who looked good on a good team.

If Magic Johnson hadn't played in LOS ANGELES and instead played in Sarcmento or for the Clippers during his time of playing, nobody would be talking about him as being great. He's overrated just like Larry Bird.

Never go full retard.

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Unhappy Re: If Anfernee Hardaway never got hurt?

Wow. You've gotta be Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Lil Penny > Anfernee Hardaway

Banned

Most of you are buffons/nerds who don't know basketball anyway.

Hardaway is far better then Payton and Iverson.
    And then he says this

Last edited by Shade8780; 04-10-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Never go full retard.
    You've never laced them up, you just sit on your couch, drink bears and look up statistics and think you know the quality of a basketball player.

I played, coached and am currently a recruiter.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O_City_Thunder
    too much leg