Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron fans unite

Notice how Lakersreign runs away when he's faced with a legit argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Lebron fans are beyond stupid

Lebron - 0.000000000

next

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nbacardDOTnet

You Kobe stans can point to rings as your only argument as to why he is better but I can easily counter that with one legit rebuttal: Robert F*ckin Horry.

That's right.

He's got more rings, so if that is the only argument you can hold onto, then Horry is better than Kobe.

"You mad?"

You ebonics? F*ckin grammar handicap idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Notice how Lakersreign runs away when he's faced with a legit argument?
    It's not his fault he's mentally challenged. The kid thinks that he's the Rock.

Banned

You Kobe stans can point to rings as your only argument as to why he is better but I can easily counter that with one legit rebuttal: Robert F*ckin Horry.

That's right.

He's got more rings, so if that is the only argument you can hold onto, then Horry is better than Kobe.

"You mad?"

Regular season awards over rings and finals MVPs.

Lebron

Iamrambo24 is a one man army.

Iamrambo24 is pwning the Kobestans since April 2007!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Regular season awards over rings and finals MVPs.

Lebron
    No.

Again, if all you can throw out is the ring argument, then how am I illogical by saying Horry is better than Kobe based on that?

MVP is hands down the most important determinant of individual performance. It has the most concrete measurement of individual performance: impact, stats, seed.

There are too many variables in a ring. It is more of a team contribution since every player, including coach and down to the nutritionist, has a role, so saying Kobe is pound for pound better is a fallacious argument.

The better player has to be better in the following categories: impact, stats, seed. Period.

FMVP is of course important, but even that falls behind MVP.

All a player needs is a weak matchup in the finals (like Billups winning FMVP but not necessarily the best) and a really good damn team to win FMVP, so this does not accurately measure individual performance in it's full scope.

MVP measures the weight of a player against ALL TEAMS AND ALL MATCHUPS while FMVP weighs only 1 team and 1 matchup.

It is important don't get me wrong, but legends like MJ, Russell, Kareem, etc. were consider great based on their MVPs, and not just merely their rings. There are many players who won rings but never even considered "great" because they have failed to win MVP.

Kobe has only won 1 in 15 seasons. He simply can't be compared to the legends when he has failed to even be the best year in and year out amongst the players today.

You can win multiple rings and not even be consdered all time greats, but if you win MVP, you'll be included in the conversation like Malone, Barkley, Unseld etc, in fact, there is not ONE PLAYER who is not, but I can name a ton who has won rings who aren't even consider greats.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 03-30-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Gervin is not better than Beans. The fact that you are trying to rationalize it deserves some acknowledgement though, I guess.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

That's right.

"You mad?"

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Gervin is not better than Beans. The fact that you are trying to rationalize it deserves some acknowledgement though, I guess.
    It's a hypothetical to compare players from different eras to one another: rules change, HGH, etc.

Based on the kind of impact Gervin had on his era, he closely resembles Jordan moreso than Kobe in the kind of dominance he had. The guy won 4 scoring titles in his first 5 seasons, scored 63 in 33 minutes, holds the record for most points in a single quarter, etc.

He wasn't just the best shooting guard in his era, he also took a team full of scrubs (only 2 players were able to score more than 10) to the conference finals and finals; he had a shot that was pretty much unstoppable: imagine a layup that gets flick 3 feet up in the air at the highest vertical of a 6'8 guard. That is a Kareem shot. His finger roll still has not been emulated today.

Kobe is of course rated higher because of rings, but pound for pound Gervin did more for the shooting guard than Kobe did. He developed his game at the mid-range which later influenced Jordan and other guards.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 03-30-2012 at 04:02 PM.

You're focusing on one part of the game. Kobe is clearly a better playmaker and defender while their offensive impact being somewhat arguable, although I still think Kobe is overall the better offensive player. Regardless, defense and playmaking simply can't be brushed off in this type of discussion.

#HEATNATION

FMVP is of course important, but even that falls behind MVP.

All a player needs is a weak matchup in the finals (like Billups winning FMVP but not necessarily the best) and a really good damn team to win FMVP, so this does not accurately measure individual performance in it's full scope.

MVP measures the weight of a player against ALL TEAMS AND ALL MATCHUPS while FMVP weighs only 1 team and 1 matchup.

It is important don't get me wrong, but legends like MJ, Russell, Kareem, etc. were consider great based on their MVPs, and not just merely their rings. There are many players who won rings but never even considered "great" because they have failed to win MVP.

Kobe has only won 1 in 15 seasons. He simply can't be compared to the legends when he has failed to even be the best year in and year out amongst the players today.

You can win multiple rings and not even be consdered all time greats, but if you win MVP, you'll be included in the conversation like Malone, Barkley, Unseld etc, in fact, there is not ONE PLAYER who is not, but I can name a ton who has won rings who aren't even consider greats.
    I want whatever youre smoking bro. Pass it up.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

That's an opinion.

You can say he has not won a championship. That's a fact.

This doesn't make him a loser. There are plenty of stars better than Kobe who has never won a championship.

AND......5 "stars" better than Kobe who never won a championship are..........?

Oh yeah....that's right....I forgot, you named 3 one of which George "Iceman" Gervin who NEVER made it to the ABA or NBA Finals. Then it was Karl Malone, who got most of his passes off John Stockton, but yet you ONLY rate Malone on impact and NOT Stockton. And if you had any real idea of what you were talking about, you would've rated BOTH on impact of a game

Notice how he STILL can't answer the question straight up. But then TRIES to call out other people supposedly running away

I'm STILL waiting.................
    Last edited by LakersReign; 03-31-2012 at 05:28 PM.