Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lebron fans unite

Fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Here we have what is possibly the greatest player to ever step on the court (ask Derrick Rose ) and haters are coming out in droves like a pack of ugly hyenas to destroy this man.

I'm not even gonna hate on LeBron, Durant, and even Kobe; I think all of them are legit players.

What you loser stans don't realize is it doesn't make Scalabrine a horrible player just because you have your lip firmly wrapped around your star player. No he doesn't suck because of a few games and his outside shot is not Ray Allen like.

What I do know is he can explode to the basket, run the fast break, block, steal, and pass better than just about anybody.

So yea, keep on hating on him over his hair colour (which is bullsh*t since he was born like that) and blast him for going the Bulls, in the end, no matter how many childish excuses you try to come up with as to why he sucks (LOL heard one time some noob said he sucks because he looks like a d*ck), Brian Scalabrine is still the most talented player to ever play the game.

And that is something that you can't argue.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    For those who say LBJ is more Magic than MJ (I agree), Magic took game winning shots in the biggest moments, he was like "fukk it, I'm taking the last shot"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJiGMFmVHO8

and it doesn't even include the baby sky hook j he hit vs the Celtics in the Finals...point is, Magic facilitated for most of the game but would take over in crunch time, like NBA legends should do.
    Lebron is nothing like MJ or even Magic for that matter. Magic had no problem coming to the Lakers and playing sidekick to Kareem, til his time came to take over the Lakers. When that time came, he stepped up and delivered, was never afraid to do so. Magic was known for his assists also, but he never passed up a game winner. Unlike Magic, Lebron's problem is he has way too big of an ego to play sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Lebron is nothing like MJ or even Magic for that matter. Magic had no problem coming to the Lakers and playing sidekick to Kareem, til his time came to take over the Lakers. When that time came, he stepped up and delivered, was never afraid to do so. Magic was known for his assists also, but he never passed up a game winner. Unlike Magic, Lebron's problem is he has way too big of an ego to play sidekick.
    Thank you for repeating what I wrote.

LBJ DID go to Miami to become Wade's sidekick...

Lebronyte Kryptonite

I completely agree with you. But the Lebronytes seem to be operating under the delusion that the minute the Heat signed Lebron, the Heat somehow became Lebron's team. And they're basing this on the theory that Lebron is supposedly the best player on the Heat, therefore the Heat is his team.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

My Argument how can U be a Sidekick if U are the BETTER Player which Lebron is.. Dont make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    My Argument how can U be a Sidekick if U are the BETTER Player which Lebron is.. Dont make sense to me.
    But he isn't ... if the guy puts up the same numbers you do, and in context is actually a better player against better defenses, how do you argue one being significantly better than the other?

Lebronyte Kryptonite

You seem to be forgetting Wade was the one who convinced Bosh and Lebron to come to the Heat, not the other way around. What makes no sense is for Lebron to jump ship from HIS TEAM the Cavs, and go to WADE'S TEAM, and have Lebronytes then claim the Heat as Lebron's team. THAT makes no sense.

Simple, LBJ>Wade but LBJ WENT to Wade's team, Wade didn't go to the Cavs...Wade has a ring, LBJ doesn't.

To me, this is one of the main reasons LBJ isn't as aggresive in crunch time, he defers to Wade too much instead of taking over like he did as a Cavalier where he was clearly the first option. Wade is one of the best players in the league but THE best player in the league should be taking over.

Funny how fast people forget or simply choose to disregard the history of the NBA. Anyone care to comment on Moses Malone? Anyone even aware of his career?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    We are all in for reading your in depth analysis on why there are 5 better players than kobe who never actually won a ring. You could start with the "iceman".
    Little kids like you have never seen the Iceman play. He was the most prolific offensive SG of his time, unlike Kobe, and was the best at what he did: scoring.

The only player to ever win 3 scoring titles in a row. Could score anywhere, anytime on anyone. The only player in history to score 63 in 33 mins (could of beaten 81 if he played 40+) and holds the record of 33 for a single quarter. He didn't just shoot the ball, he created a new shot (finger roll) and practically rolled it at the mid range. He shot .500+ consistently and in one season reached .540 with 33 ppg. Kobe can't even get to .470.

How many scoring titles have Kobe won? The guy can't even dominate in the one area he prides himself on.

The bottomline is pound for pound Gervin was more of a beast than Kobe was at the SG position. He was easily the best offensive player in the league during his time while Kobe isn't even the best at what he prides himself on doing: scoring. He needs way too many shots to score big and he has only 2 scoring titles in his 15 year career.

So IMO he is better at Kobe for dominating the position he played; he was not only more efficient but simply the best scoring machine for his time, plus he created the finger roll (which today still has not been emulated correctly) while Kobe has failed to carve his own persona and dominate the position year in and year out.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Little kids like you have never seen the Iceman play. He was the most prolific offensive SG of his time, unlike Kobe, and was the best at what he did: scoring.

The only player to ever win 3 scoring titles in a row. Could score anywhere, anytime on anyone. The only player in history to score 63 in 33 mins (could of beaten 81 if he played 40+) and holds the record of 33 for a single quarter. He didn't just shoot the ball, he created a new shot (finger roll) and practically rolled it at the mid range. He shot .500+ consistently and in one season reached .540 with 33 ppg. Kobe can't even get to .470.

How many scoring titles have Kobe won? The guy can't even dominate in the one area he prides himself on.

The bottomline is pound for pound Gervin was more of a beast than Kobe was at the SG position. He was easily the best offensive player in the league during his time while Kobe isn't even the best at what he prides himself on doing: scoring. He needs way too many shots to score big and he has only 2 scoring titles in his 15 year career.

So IMO he is better at Kobe for dominating the position he played; he was not only more efficient but simply the best scoring machine for his time, plus he created the finger roll (which today still has not been emulated correctly) while Kobe has failed to carve his own persona and dominate the position year in and year out.
    so, now you are saying that Kobe was not even good a scoring?
    I don't know if you ever had any credibility around here, but you don't now.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Oh, and by the way, Gervin was truly great. Great great player.
    But he only played 10 seasons, was a horrible 3-pt shooter, and averaged almost HALF as many assists as Kobe.

So let's assess which player is truely better based on the 3 criterias: impact, stats, seed

Impact

Reached the western conference finals with a team full of scrubs. Only 2 other players on that team could score in double digits while the Iceman won the scoring title. He was not only the best player on his team but the best scoring guard in the league at the time. His impact was tremendous which by far beats out Kobe who had a stacked team and least 1 or more all star player helping him out.

Stats

Lead the league in scoring 4 times in his first 5 seasons while Kobe can only do it 2 times in 15 seasons.

Seed

Was a regular in the WCF, so his team has won enough for him to be in the running for MVP status year in and year out. Although Kobe's seeding has placed him very high, his lack of impact on the team compare to the iceman devalues this criteria. The best players Gervin have ever played with was Mike Mitchell and Gene Banks; this is a far cry from the likes of Shaq, Gasol, Bynum, Artest, and even Odom.
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 03-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
    so, now you are saying that Kobe was not even good a scoring?
    I don't know if you ever had any credibility around here, but you don't now.
    No I said Kobe has failed to win the scoring title year in and year out. He has only won 2 out of 15 seasons.

Gervin won 4 out of 10 seasons and scored 28,350 points (including the ABA), so at that rate, had he played 20 seasons like Kareem, he would of scored 40,000+ points and easily became the greatest all time scorer in the history of the NBA.

Kobe is a good scorer, but he simply is not dominating; I mean to dominate you have to score the most points at the best efficiency; if Kobe can't even do what he does best against the players of today, how can you even compare him to the legends who dominated this position in their era?

Jordan and Wilt were both scoring beasts, and guess what, they had the scoring titles to show for. Kobe had a problem with Iverson, then another year, Mcgrady, then Lebron started scoring, and now Durant.

There was no question the Iceman, Jordan, and Wilt were the best scorers of their time. Don't straw my argument to something else other than what it is.

That was the original intention, but greatness usually has a way of dominating. The Heat is slowly turning into Lebron's turf.