Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: Is Kevin Love the most overrated player?

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Yes Gasol and Dirk are better than love. They both have won the championship. Replace Dirk with Love, they wouldn't have won the championship. Gasol is longer than Love. He plays better defense, get's more blocked shots is a better paster, and has a higher field goal percentage. He averages a lot of rebounds too even playing alongside Andrew Bynum. It's about wins that matter. Love does have some talent around him, some. He doesn't make his team better.
    You have to be one of the most ignorant people on this forum. Kevin Love hasn't had a competetant in his ENTIRE career until this year, then the floor general gets hurt, beasley has been hurt. Then you talk about championships? Compare the teams they play on and how long they've played, OH WAIT HE DOESNT GET ASSISTS SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. The odds of you being above the age of 14 are 0%

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    I don't mean to hate, however i don't like him especially after the Scola incident. But people are saying he's like the best power forward ever or best player in the league. He can't even get his team to be a winning team. Last year they were the worst team in the league. See, when Lebron was playing with an awful team, he was able to lead them to the finals vs the spurs. Kevin Love could never do that. He puts up insane numbers, yet it doesn't seem to lead to very many wins, however you look at it. While he's scoring 25 a game and makes 3's, his overall pct is not very good for a PF. Chris Bosh could do what he was doing when he was on Toronto. And Love is still not averaging more than Howard in rebounds this year. His defense is not as good. Last year he averaged a little bit more rebounds because his team missed the most shots. This year they have been a little better, so his numbers go down slightly. But if Bynum wasn't playing with Gasol, he might have more rebounds than Love. Bynum is a much better defensive player too. What do you guys think? I think Love has talent, but his numbers don't really speak for themselves. They don't lead to wins. Lebron could lead any team to wins. Wade would help that team win more games if they traded him for Love.

By the way, Love had 50 and 14 tonight. How many assists did he have?
    you have to be an idiot if you think that lebrons cavs teammates were as bad as love's teammates last year.

his percentages aren't as high as other pf's because he shoots threes and draws a lot of fouls while taking a lot of shots. He actually is a very efficient scorer. Top-5 rebounder.

AND HE ISN'T EVEN 24

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    you have to be an idiot if you think that lebrons cavs teammates were as bad as love's teammates last year.

his percentages aren't as high as other pf's because he shoots threes and draws a lot of fouls while taking a lot of shots. He actually is a very efficient scorer. Top-5 rebounder.

AND HE ISN'T EVEN 24

When you draw fouls, that doesn't go against your field goal percentage. Yes Lebrons teammates were as bad. Look at what happened when Lebron left. So you're saying that Love is as good as Lebron? Defense? Assists?

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    You have to be one of the most ignorant people on this forum. Kevin Love hasn't had a competetant in his ENTIRE career until this year, then the floor general gets hurt, beasley has been hurt. Then you talk about championships? Compare the teams they play on and how long they've played, OH WAIT HE DOESNT GET ASSISTS SO IT DOESN'T MATTER. The odds of you being above the age of 14 are 0%

Has all his heroic rebounding led to any significant amount of wins... Yes or no

Someone for real just tried to discredit Loves 50 point game because of his assist total.

What does Dirk winning a championship in his 12th year have to do with Kevin Love?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    What does Dirk winning a championship in his 12th year have to do with Kevin Love?
    Nothing. People just have their BS perceptions and will continue to hold onto them no matter what...until they are forced to change them.

Hell, I hear people all the time say Dirk's title doesn't mean much last year because it was a "fluke"

Love is now easily one of the best players in the game. What he is doing is simply amazing. And its resulting in wins.

He's putting up 26/14/2 on 45/38/81....57.2% TS

And he's been great in crunch time this year as well.

What players have been better this year really? Lebron/Durant/Howard...Love has an argument for the 3rd or 4th best player this year.

People need to deal with it.

Banned

Replace Kevin Love with LeBron and that team is immediately in the playoffs. Love is good, but not LeBron franchise carrying good. I don't think there should ever be an excuse for a superstar player not making the playoffs in the NBA unless they are injured.

C- Nikola Pekovic
    F- Derrick Williams
    F-LeBron James
    G- JJ Barea
    G- Ricky Rubio

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhrer Hubbs
    Replace Kevin Love with LeBron and that team is immediately in the playoffs. Love is good, but not LeBron franchise carrying good. I don't think there should ever be an excuse for a superstar player not making the playoffs in the NBA unless they are injured.

C- Nikola Pekovic
    F- Derrick Williams
    F-LeBron James
    G- JJ Barea
    G- Ricky Rubio
    Take Rubio out of the mix... he's out for the rest of the season. I'm not necessarily arguing that the Wolves would miss the playoffs with LeBron (I think they'll make them anyways + I'm a Wolves fan).

I personally agree that LeBron's better than Kevin Love, but Kevin's improving quickly, becoming more clutch, and is developing at least some sort of defense. So here's hoping Kevin will be the next Minnesota Kevin and will lead us deep into the playoffs along with our upcoming roster in the years to come.

Adbloock<3

Quote Originally Posted by Fuhrer Hubbs

C- Nikola Pekovic
    F- Derrick Williams
    F-LeBron James
    G- JJ Barea
    G- Ricky Rubio
    Playoffs? this is a contending team no doubt about it, this is 10x the cavs.

Edit: Yes even w/o Rubio it's a contending team.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Rebounding by itself isnt "dimension", it contributes to offense and/or defense. Just because Love is a good rebounder, it doesnt make him a good defender, it would be additional factor if Love would play defense, and he doesnt. Much like Iverson was amazing at steals, and Nash - at drawing charges. Are they good defenders? No, they are one-dimensional, same as Love with good rebounding but no defense.
    "1-dimensional" and "1-way" doesn't necessarily have to mean the same thing. We can argue that "dimensions" break down the "two ways". If you think rebounding isn't a "dimension", you may ask whether Love is equally 1-way with Bargnani. Or if Bowen was equally 1-way with Rodman. Hell, freakin' Magic Johnson or Bill Russell are considered "1-way" players by lots of fans and they were light years away from being "1-dimensional".

The funny thing is that Minny didn't even lock him up for as long as they possibly could. He'll be gone when that contract is up.

College superstar

Love could average 50/25 and no one would care.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde
    Someone for real just tried to discredit Loves 50 point game because of his assist total.

And guess what happened?

They lost.

Dude plays more minutes than anyone in the league, takes more shots than anyone not names Kobe or Durant, and plays on a team without 1 other legitimate rebounder. Pek rebounds when he feels like it, but he's not even that great. Who else they got to rebound? Darko? Darko don't even wanna play ball anymore.

Love is a good shooter, a great hustler, and a smart player, but he doesn't belong in the Kobe/Lebron/Durant conversation. Those guys INSTANTLY lift their teams to higher levels.

Love had better numbers all around last year and they were worse. he had Rubio this year and they flirt with .500, now look at them. 3-6 since Rubio gets hurt.

He's like David Lee with a beard.

What's next, y'all are gonna say he's better than Larry Legend?

Learning to shoot layups

Kevin Love is the most efficient pf in the game today. How can that even be questioned. I am noticing there are a lot of idiots on this site....wow man....Kevin Love overrated.....smh