Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Lakers with another Pau Gasol-esque steal

Quote Originally Posted by LBJMVP
    so we got 1 draft pick in one of the deepest drafts in history and another draft pick that will improve our position in the 2013 draft (be honest with yourselve and admit miami will have a better record then LA.

for a guy that we didnt really need and who was not signing back with us. so what, we took in walton and we still have 20 million in cap space for next season.

late draft picks could be used in trades, and who knows who we will up gettin. could be a great role player.

stupid lakers fans don't understand that sessions wasn't staying in cleveland. so, instead of losing him for nothing we got exactly what we wanted. the same trade that was being offered to every other team in the league.
    a dumb fcuk like u needs to understand that Lakers with their cap space would never able to sign a guy like sessions....not even an average pg....

a dumb fcuk like you needs to understand that they had to trade Pau to get a pg like lowry...whom rockets even didnt wanted to trade

a fcuking retard like you needs to understand the lakers not only saved money on luxury tax for this year but also next year

& your fcuked up brain needs to understand you are talking about the LAKERS here...not a sh1tty Cavs team who is happy to get a 1st rounder...out of the deal

rot in misery...u a$$hole

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    But keep living in your own little world, thinking you guys got the better of the deal, while we just laugh at you.
    I didn't see anyone posting that the Cavs got the better end of the deal? :whoknows:, but they did get a good deal as well. A first + moving up at least 3 spots in another draft for the salary difference of Ramon and Walton, basically paid $3 mil or w/e the difference is for a pick and the swap.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Maybe because Fisher was our starting PG for 43 games this year.

Plus stuff like this happens in a lockout year, the Knicks made the Finals as an 8th seed during a lockout season.

Continue living in fantasy land if you really think Dallas (no talent outside Dirk), Utah(lmfao), & Memphis(young and no alpha dog) will be ahead of a STACKED lakers team next year.
    Dallas will have Dirk and a ton of cap space for next year, Utah is young and only improving, Memphis has Z-Bo who can be an alpha dog. To say none of them have a chance for next year is as no one knows what changes will be made and how far young guys will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    I didn't see anyone posting that the Cavs got the better end of the deal? :whoknows:, but they did get a good deal as well. A first + moving up at least 3 spots in another draft for the salary difference of Ramon and Walton, basically paid $3 mil or w/e the difference is for a pick and the swap.

Dallas will have Dirk and a ton of cap space for next year, Utah is young and only improving, Memphis has Z-Bo who can be an alpha dog. To say none of them have a chance for next year is as no one knows what changes will be made and how far young guys will improve.
    dallas has tons of cap space but if deron signs with the nets its totally useless....

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    a dumb fcuk like u needs to understand that Lakers with their cap space would never able to sign a guy like sessions....not even an average pg....

a dumb fcuk like you needs to understand that they had to trade Pau to get a pg like lowry...whom rockets even didnt wanted to trade

a fcuking retard like you needs to understand the lakers not only saved money on luxury tax for this year but also next year

& your fcuked up brain needs to understand you are talking about the LAKERS here...not a sh1tty Cavs team who is happy to get a 1st rounder...out of the deal

rot in misery...u a$$hole

did you read where i said that i thought this was a great trade for both teams?
    i was just disputing the fact that this trade was even close to a comparison to the pau gasol trade.

a dumb f*ck like you need to understand that cleveland didnt need session
    a dumb f*ck like you needs to understand sessions wasn't resigning in cleveland
    a dumb f*ck like you needs to realize cleveland is in rebuilding mode
    a dumb f*ck like you needs to realize cleveland has to utilize the draft in everyone possible way because signing free agents is hard, oh wait you would understand because you have been spoiled with talent from free agency since the beginning.

you stupid boy?

dallas has tons of cap space but if deron signs with the nets its totally useless....
    Not saying they will get Deron nor use the cap space properly, but to write them off for next year is as idiotic as saying they'll get Deron and dominate imo.

Not saying they will get Deron nor use the cap space properly, but to write them off for next year is as idiotic as saying they'll get Deron and dominate imo.
    most (not all) lakers fans only care about what happens in LA.
    they are blinded by facts about all the other teams. they don't even know
    how to properly read a thread for detail before posting such stupid comments.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

Great trade for both teams....no need to argue.

did you read where i said that i thought this was a great trade for both teams?
    i was just disputing the fact that this trade was even close to a comparison to the pau gasol trade.

a dumb f*ck like you need to understand that cleveland didnt need session
    a dumb f*ck like you needs to understand sessions wasn't resigning in cleveland
    a dumb f*ck like you needs to realize cleveland is in rebuilding mode
    a dumb f*ck like you needs to realize cleveland has to utilize the draft in everyone possible way because signing free agents is hard, oh wait you would understand because you have been spoiled with talent from free agency since the beginning.

you stupid boy?
    and then K Irving leaves Cavs just like that ....Stern will throw you a bone...you guys go in another rebuilding mode .....after 10 years you still crying about the lakers

& I am like

and then K Irving leaves Cavs just like that ....Stern will throw you a bone...you guys go in another rebuilding mode .....after 10 years you still crying about the lakers

& I am like
    what a great response

#HEATNATION

What? This is how this argument started in the first place. Besides, that comment was directed to him only. The only person who thought this was a steal on the Cavs end.
    Quoted right here:
    cleveland really got a steal with this trade. two first rounders for a guy that was leaving cleveland next year

What? This is how this argument started in the first place. Besides, that comment was directed to him only. The only person who thought this was a steal on the Cavs end.
    Quoted right here:

are you stupid? i've said to times in this thread, maybe three times that i thought this trade was great for both teams.

i even posted earlier that the posted you are referring to was sarcastic because of the original title of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    so does this mean luke walton is going to become as good as marc gasol?
    No, Luke Walton is Kwame, Jason Kapono is Marc Gasol

Quoted right here:

I thought Cleveland got a great deal, and with how people are saying they got hosed, I can see why some would think it was a steal for them.

Bottom line, it worked out for both sides. Lakers kept their TPEs, saved some $$$, but they did give up a chance to pick up a cheap, solid young guy. Cavaliers got an additional pick along with moving up by a handful of spots next year but had to swallow the extra couple of million on Walton's contract next year.

#HEATNATION

are you stupid? i've said to times in this thread, maybe three times that i thought this trade was great for both teams.

i even posted earlier that the posted you are referring to was sarcastic because of the original title of this thread.

Clearly not. Nice try though. And until you see how those draft picks pan out for Cleveland, the Lakers still get the better of this deal.

Clearly not. Nice try though. And until you see how those draft picks pan out for Cleveland, the Lakers still get the better of this deal.
    i guess we will see... i think it is an evenly great deal for both teams.
    either we lose sessions for nothing or we get a draft pick and another draft pick that could move us up 3-6 spots from our other spot.

plus gilbert said he wanted to stop from miami winning however he can. so we give LA the pg they need. helps out everyone.