Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: If Heat fail again due to Lebron's late game woes, is it possible they trade Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Its a mystery how admins here love to keep these threads up and close anything else that has not Lebrons name on it....
    A HEAT insider said they will break up the trio if they don't win this year. Why is it so ridiculous to speculate this possibility?

so sensitive.

Default Re: If Heat fail again due to Lebron's late game woes, is it possible they trade Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Trading Bosh would probably make the least sense out of all the possible trade scenarios involving the big three.
    Trading any of them makes zero sense.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Wade is also injury prone and three years older than LeBron. And Bosh doesn't fit their need for an inside presence. Its conceivable they would break up the team but its not going to be at the expense of LBJ. Besides, I have tremendous confidence they will be holding the O'Brien Trophy this year.

Because they will be in rebuilding mode and having a player making >50% of the cap, be heavily taxed, etc. Its comparable because they are both STUPID things to say.
    Its possible they could trade Wade or Bosh before Lebron. I haven't disputed that. But there's plenty of reasons they would trade Lebron first. First of all, Bosh's inside presence didn't stop the Heat from beating KG's Celtics or the Noah/Boozer/Asik/Gibson Bulls. And it wasn't Bosh that was the biggest reason they lost to the Mavs. Most people agree that if Lebron played even just a little below average then his standards, then they would've won that series. Add to the fact that Wade/Lebron may be too alike and teaming either one with Bosh instead of together is a better fit, and Bosh may be considered less to be traded.

So then it would be between Wade or Lebron. Going forward they may want to keep Lebron over Wade for the reasons you stated. But its also possible that would rather keep Wade because they think the ceiling for success with Lebron is less than with Wade due to his mental weakness and unexplained passiveness (which will be even more evident if it happened a 3rd year in a row), Wade has meant much more to that franchise and its fans, and because its more likely that Wade will finish his career with Miami as opposed to Lebron.

Why do the Lakers want to go in rebuilding mode? They are not comparable cause one isn't a stupid thing to say. If the Heat traded Lebron for another superstar + some other pieces, they are still contending. If the Lakers amnesty Kobe they are not contending anymore especially cause they aren't getting anything back in that situation.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    holdon, when the bulls swept the miami heat in the regular season last year it doesnt matter because "regular season doesnt matter". but when the heat are 3-1 against the lakers in the regular season it matters? heat fans
    Yup. That's Heat fan logic right there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    LMAO
    LBJ>everyone
    Rose>Wade
    Rose>Bosh

Don't even try and tell me you as a Heat fan wouldn't trade Wade for Rose straight up right now if that trade was on the table .
    He's not a heat fan, he's a Lebron dikk rider. He would just follow Lebron wherever he went. As would half of the Heat fans.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Lebron playing the way he has vs. the Celtics in 2010
    What was wrong with LeBron's play in this series? If you thought he disappeared, then what in GOD's name do you think Kobe did against Boston in the '10 Finals?

and the Mavs in 2011.
    Now this was a disappearance, not a "late game" collapse. He sucked no more in the 4th qtr than any other qtr.

Basically he disappears for the 3rd straight year.
    LeBron did not disappear in '10. This is a media made myth. Stop being a dumbass. He was more productive against Boston than he was in any series in the '11 playoffs.

end of games will be fumbled away by Lebron's disappearance or passiveness?
    You do realize that Wade's been a worse late-game player than LeBron the last 2 seasons, right?

If the Heat do trade LeBron, I want them to do it because he has major physical limitations in his game that render him ineffective when the game slows down. Not because of the garbage you spewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    LeBron did not disappear in '10. This is a media made myth. Stop being a dumbass. He was more productive against Boston than he was in any series in the '11 playoffs.
    Not a media myth at all. He DID disappear. Quit being Lebron's c*mdumpster.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d-Mnfz6iB0

You cant rewrite history, sorry kiddo.

3-time NBA All-Star

What was wrong with LeBron's play in this series? If you thought he disappeared, then what in GOD's name do you think Kobe did against Boston in the '10 Finals?

Now this was a disappearance, not a "late game" collapse. He sucked no more in the 4th qtr than any other qtr.

You do realize that Wade's been a worse late-game player than LeBron the last 2 seasons, right?

If the Heat do trade LeBron, I want them to do it because he has major physical limitations in his game that render him ineffective when the game slows down. Not because of the garbage you spewed.
    Lebron completely disappeared in game 5 of that 2010 series. There's no masking that with statistics or anything like that. Outside of game 3 where he was all-time great, he didn't disappear in games 1, 2, 4, and 6, but he was way too passive and showed questionable effort and leadership in those games. He had a few stretches in those games where he was very productive, but he also had stretches where he just didn't look like he cared at all. Its a testament to his greatness that while looking like he didn't care at all, he still put up great numbers. But anyone watching those games, especially game 6 where he put up some gaudy numbers, could see that his heart wasn't into it and that pretty much completely sucked the life out of his whole team. His numbers for that whole series is also somewhat inflated by his game 3, which I've already admitted was all-time great.

I never said Kobe in the 2010 Finals didn't suck. He sucked badly. I point it out all the time. But at the same time, he didn't waddle around like he could care less. He didn't play like he didn't want it. So while the quality of his production was questionable, his leadership and effort wasn't and he had the full support and unity of his teammates as a result. That makes a huge difference.

Wade's role late in games since Lebron joined him has been greatly reduced due to the Heat almost always going to Lebron. That doesn't say much.
    Last edited by guy; 03-05-2012 at 02:12 PM.

College superstar

Its possible they could trade Wade or Bosh before Lebron. I haven't disputed that. But there's plenty of reasons they would trade Lebron first. First of all, Bosh's inside presence didn't stop the Heat from beating KG's Celtics or the Noah/Boozer/Asik/Gibson Bulls. And it wasn't Bosh that was the biggest reason they lost to the Mavs. Most people agree that if Lebron played even just a little below average then his standards, then they would've won that series. Add to the fact that Wade/Lebron may be too alike and teaming either one with Bosh instead of together is a better fit, and Bosh may be considered less to be traded.

So then it would be between Wade or Lebron. Going forward they may want to keep Lebron over Wade for the reasons you stated. But its also possible that would rather keep Wade because they think the ceiling for success with Lebron is less than with Wade due to his mental weakness and unexplained passiveness (which will be even more evident if it happened a 3rd year in a row), Wade has meant much more to that franchise and its fans, and because its more likely that Wade will finish his career with Miami as opposed to Lebron.

Why do the Lakers want to go in rebuilding mode? They are not comparable cause one isn't a stupid thing to say. If the Heat traded Lebron for another superstar + some other pieces, they are still contending. If the Lakers amnesty Kobe they are not contending anymore especially cause they aren't getting anything back in that situation.
    Your entire basis of this is that someone covering the Heat thinks they MIGHT break it up IF they don't win. He doesn't have a source, no front office people have indicated it as a possibility, nothing. He just has an inkling. That inkling is largely based on the fact that Miami is a small market team and carrying these salaries really only works if they can sell a TON of merch, etc. Which will only happen if they become the dominant team they initially hoped they would have. Trading LeBron makes them a LESS marketable team. End of story.

The Lakers don't WANT to rebuild. And maybe this year they won't. But as the new CBA takes effect the taxation skyrockets and their stars age. I'm not defending the idea. I am calling it assinine. But using some of the major leaps in logic you seem to be it seems plausible (no, not really).

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Lebron completely disappeared in game 5 of that 2010 series.
    The funny thing is, if you watch that game again, he's more aggressive in looking to create something than he tends to be in most Heat games.

but he was way too passive and showed questionable effort and leadership in those games.
    No. You have been brainwashed by hindsight(bolting Cleveland), Dan Gilbert and the media. Passive in Game 1 and 4? Are you ****ing kidding me? His most ball-dominant game of the entire series was Game 4. These games are all uploaded on YT. Go and watch them.

but he also had stretches where he just didn't look like he cared at all.
    Myth. LeBron's more animated and intense in that Celtics series that he's ever been as a Heat.

Its a testament to his greatness that while looking like he didn't care at all, he still put up great numbers. But anyone watching those games, especially game 6 where he put up some gaudy numbers, could see that his heart wasn't into it and that pretty much completely sucked the life out of his whole team.
    Blah blah blah blah. You're merely repeating what the clueless-media and Dan Gilbert have brainwashed you into believing. This is NOT what happened on the basketball court.

Here's the infamous Game 5 of that series. Zoom through it and tell me if he doesn't care or is even half as passive as made out to be. He actually starts off the game making a bunch of plays.

Wade's role late in games since Lebron joined him has been greatly reduced
    These are their clutch stats from last season - http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM. Look at the FGA, they both basically took the same amount of shots at the end of games.

due to the Heat almost always going to Lebron.
    Even if this perception exists, you should be questioning WHY Miami goes to LeBron more. The answer to that is he's generally having the better 4th qtr. Wade's awesome, but clutch he isn't.

Aaahhh if Lebron pulls that shit in the finals again, "HEAT" fans should want him gone...

But.. "Lebron" stans will cry every excuse under the sun and love him still Im still surprised people buy into his BS hype after last seasons finals tbh

The funny thing is, if you watch that game again, he's more aggressive in looking to create something than he tends to be in most Heat games.
    I'm skimming through it right now and he's not looking to score at all at times. Passes it off, and then floats around the 3pt line for the rest for play like he's Kapono or something.

Howard for Lebron makes too much sense not to be explored by both teams. If Orlando keeps Howard this season, and if Lebron disappears in the playoffs again, I can see a sign&trade w/ Howard to make it happen.

Nothing will happen, what they will do is get themselves a proper center and go from there. Probably end up sacrificing Mike Miller

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Your entire basis of this is that someone covering the Heat thinks they MIGHT break it up IF they don't win. He doesn't have a source, no front office people have indicated it as a possibility, nothing. He just has an inkling. That inkling is largely based on the fact that Miami is a small market team and carrying these salaries really only works if they can sell a TON of merch, etc. Which will only happen if they become the dominant team they initially hoped they would have. Trading LeBron makes them a LESS marketable team. End of story.

The Lakers don't WANT to rebuild. And maybe this year they won't. But as the new CBA takes effect the taxation skyrockets and their stars age. I'm not defending the idea. I am calling it assinine. But using some of the major leaps in logic you seem to be it seems plausible (no, not really).
    I've never said they would definitely trade Lebron. I've never even said they would definitely break up the trio. Maybe if you weren't so emotional about this, you would've realized that. I personally don't even think they would break them up no matter what just because of marketability, the fact that there's been lesser teams that have been put together that were considered favorites that weren't broken up that quickly, and because chemistry wise they would have to start over after investing so much into this.

Brian Windhorst is an insider. Insidehoops is a message board. I'm so sorry for speculating something on a damn message board that an insider mentioned. And why would anyone expect a front office person to ever confirm something like this? Its not like I published this is as a factual story in the f*cking New York Times. You think its such a stupid topic, what the hell are you doing even wasting your time on it?

Its funny that I'm stupid to speculate this as a possibility. But idiots on this board have no shame on debating where Lebron will rank WHEN, not if, he wins multiple championships
    Last edited by guy; 03-05-2012 at 03:01 PM.