Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: The rejection of god and religion seems to lead to depraved acts of mass murder

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    its kind of cute how every week nick young posts a thread on the newest world ending revelation he had during his women studies class at community college. the thread on feminism from last week was actually fvcking hilariously stupid. he is pretty damn similar to bladers in a lot of ways, the black and white worldview being one example. i dunno if he needs to be elevated, i think nick young has already achieved bladers status of lifetime troll.
    This has nothing to do with that damn visual communication in the mass media lecture bullshit class, and btw the prof came up to me last week and personally apologized to me and then encouraged me to speak out more because she could see I was a thinker who worked out his own ideas rather than blindly follow the ideas they are told to follow.

LAWL I'm the one with the black and white world views? Just read all the responses in this thread! I seem to be the only one WITHOUT black and white world views.

Everywhere I go my views cause chaos, because idiots get uncomfortable when confronted with uncomfortable truths and then lash out at the messenger.

I'm like goddamn Neitsche or Thomas Paine, why do my opinions always draw such emotional responses? I just want normal discussions free from personal insult, why is that so hard to find.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Default Re: The rejection of god and religion seems to lead to depraved acts of mass murder

And OP, give up. Atheists will never admit anything wrong done in the name of atheism.

Although I must say that money (gold, silver), land and power have been the the main reasons for 99% of wars in human history. Religion or lack of religion is a secundary issue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakers_forever
    And OP, give up. Atheists will never admit anything wrong done in the name of atheism.

Although I must say that money (gold, silver), land and power have been the the main reasons for 99% of wars in human history. Religion or lack of religion is a secundary issue.
    Blaming religion or land or power for wars is wrong in my opinion. Warring is also an embedded part of human instinct as well, even if everyone had a high standard of living and there was no hunger people would make excuses to fight, whether it is religious differences, racial differences, or something is. I am just saying this looking at every recorded war through history.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    its kind of cute how every week nick young posts a thread on the newest world ending revelation he had during his women studies class at community college. the thread on feminism from last week was actually fvcking hilariously stupid. he is pretty damn similar to bladers in a lot of ways, the black and white worldview being one example. i dunno if he needs to be elevated, i think nick young has already achieved bladers status of lifetime troll.
    I think it's good for him to realize how stupid he used to be now that he is learning how stupid he is right now after all of his recent discoveries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Rejecting religion is for the weak minded. People have evolved to have a god instinct for a reason. Why are you consciously trying to fight your natural instincts? Because Bill Maher told you atheists are cool and you are a mindless sheep?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    Because there are idiots who interpret the bible literally, we should just ignore all other religions on earth, including non abrahamaic religions and we should consciously fight against our embedded god instinct?

Brilliant insight Bruce Willis

Because there are idiots who interpret the bible literally, we should just ignore all other religions on earth, including non abrahamaic religions and we should consciously fight against our embedded god instinct?

Brilliant insight Bruce Willis

There's a reason Scientology is so popular among celebrities. My usual response when celebs start pontificating on matters of politics or religion is to say "shut up and stick to acting". But in Willis' case he just needs to enjoy his 2nd wife and the rest of his life getting recognized occasionally in restaurants.

Stop going off on tangents and arguing sub-points in order to distract from the original thesis.

Jesus christ this always happens on here, people are confronted with an inconvenient truth they do not want to accept or deal with, so to make themselves feel better they go off on some random tangent and begin arguing a minor detail in order to avoid discussing the big picture.
    It's not a subpoint. Nazi Germany was overwhelmingly religious. The Japanese Empire was overwhelmingly religious. Together with Stalin's SU these are easily the top three most mass murderous regimes of the last century.

This is not a minor point. This is a completely debunking of your core assumption.

rank sentamentalist

no man, you're missing the forest for the trees!

If you want to make it just a number's game, then what about apocalyptic religious groups that want to bring about the end times? Are we going to ignore them because they just haven't been successful in their goals yet? There are religious terrorist groups that would have killed on a grand scale if they had the means, but thankfully they were either too stupid, too crazy, too big of **** ups, etc. to be able to obtain the necessary power, influence, weaponry, etc. to complete their goals. If you want a correlation, then look at sanity.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sawyersauce

And none of these crimes were carried out 'in the name of atheism'. Atheism was not a motive. There were either distinct ideologies divorced from atheism or clear political motivations (such as consolidating power) at work..
    Isn't Stalin quoted as saying he didnt care what happened on this earth or what he did because he thought nothing happened after you die? He wasnt afraid of consequences and it dramatically lowered his moral standards..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    If you want to make it just a number's game, then what about apocalyptic religious groups that want to bring about the end times? Are we going to ignore them because they just haven't been successful in their goals yet? There are religious terrorist groups that would have killed on a grand scale if they had the means, but thankfully they were either too stupid, too crazy, too big of **** ups, etc. to be able to obtain the necessary power, influence, weaponry, etc. to complete their goals. If you want a correlation, then look at sanity.
    So the point you are trying to make is that religious governments are more bloodthirsty than atheist governments because hypothetically in your theory they maybe might have had intent to commit more murder than they actually did?

And this hypothetical intent makes their regime worse than the atheist regimes that actually have committed disturbing acts of mass murder?

Is that the point you just tried to make?
    Because that's what you just said, jackass

So the point you are trying to make is that religious governments are more bloodthirsty than atheist governments because hypothetically in your theory they maybe might have had intent to commit more murder than they actually did?

And this hypothetical intent makes their regime worse than the atheist regimes that actually have committed disturbing acts of mass murder?

Is that the point you just tried to make?
    Because that's what you just said, jackass
    That's not what I'm saying. Whatever, go on with your little agenda, kiddo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jackass18
    That's not what I'm saying. Whatever, go on with your little agenda, kiddo
    its exactly what you said bozo, whether you meant to or not

Serious playground baller sawyersauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Isn't Stalin quoted as saying he didnt care what happened on this earth or what he did because he thought nothing happened after you die? He wasnt afraid of consequences and it dramatically lowered his moral standards..
    Okay. That doesn