Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Lebron's defense is overrated...

You know you are just helping the people who aren't on LeBron's side out right?

Quote Originally Posted by iDefend5
    Only the delusional ones, like you.

Watch some games!!!

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Watch some games!!!
    I know you more than likely don't get the point of this thread or what I am saying but I never said LeBron James was a bad defender or not a good defender. I simply just said he is an overrated defender, meaning that he isn't as good of a defender as most people say he is, and that is the truth.

Banned

And they never learn....never

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    The entire Heat perimeter with haslem and anthony in the paint
    yeah put haslem or joel on him and see how they do....

Im not talkin about help defense. Im talkin about the man guarding him intitially.

Obviously with players like rose, kobe, wade etc you need total team committment and focus but tell me someone in the league that has guarded rose better?

Good High School Starter

Dwight Howard and LeBron James are the best defenders among the elite NBA players this season.

You are an idiot RG. It's very hard for a perimeter player to win the defensive player of the year award since the NBA removed the hand check rule. LeBron played some good defense on 6'10" Dwight Howard, and he shutdown 6'1.5" Rose in the ECF.

Good High School Starter

You are an idiot RG. It's very hard for a perimeter player to win the defensive player of the year award since the NBA removed the hand check rule. LeBron played some good defense on 6'10" Dwight Howard, and he shutdown 6'1.5" Rose in the ECF.
    How long have you been speaking or trying to learn English for again? You don't get it, plain and simple.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nbaballllller
    yeah put haslem or joel on him and see how they do....

Im not talkin about help defense. Im talkin about the man guarding him intitially.
    That's the entire point, lebron only guarded rose one on one for 5 mins total each game. The majority of the game was nothing BUT help defense against rose. And with no other Bull an offensive threat, it wasn't hard to do. Heat took down Rose as a TEAM

Defensive rating is points allowed per 100 possessions. . Defensive Win Shares (number of wins contributed by individual defense).

2011-12 NBA 2.2 (6th in the NBA) Defensive Win Shares

2011-2012 NBA 97.1 (14th in the NBA) Defensive Rating.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease nbaballllller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    That's the entire point, lebron only guarded rose one on one for 5 mins total each game. The majority of the game was nothing BUT help defense against rose. And with no other Bull an offensive threat, it wasn't hard to do. Heat took down Rose as a TEAM
    I agree with you. The heat as a team (not just lebron) defended rose very well. and u are right. without any other reliable offensive weapon, the job was easier.

I didnt debate that.

But u still havent answered my question (infact u deleted it from the quote lol) who has defended rose better than lebron?

U mirin my face?

Why do people brag about LeBron's defense on Rose but then ignore his defense on Jason Terry and Shawn Marion in the Finals? It sounds hypocritical especially when Lebron actually guarded those two for longer stretches than he did with Rose.

Banned

I agree with you. The heat as a team (not just lebron) defended rose very well. and u are right. without any other reliable offensive weapon, the job was easier.

I didnt debate that.

But u still havent answered my question (infact u deleted it from the quote lol) who has defended rose better than lebron?
    I know he defended rose well, probably one of the best. But there is a HUGE difference between saying "Lebron guarded him well" and "Lebron single-handedly shut rose down. That's what I'm stating.

I didnt debate that.

Just ignore him. This asshole don't know $hit about basketball. The guy has a million sock accounts in this forum.