Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Tim Duncan Appreciation

Just because he doesn't get enough love from non-Spurs fans.

Banned

Default Re: Tim Duncan Appreciation

Greatest PF of all time and my favorite player ever. Any true basketball fan will appreciate what he has done on the court. I'm grateful that I got a watch him play and be dominant for so many years. I've also been lucky enough to meet Timmy and get his autograph, he is the definition of sportsmanship.

Living legend

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alamo

Greatest PF of all time and my favorite player ever. Any true basketball fan will appreciate what he has done on the court. I'm grateful that I got a watch him play and be dominant for so many years. I've also been lucky enough to meet Timmy and get his autograph, he is the definition of sportsmanship.

Living legend
    Last time there was a lockout, King Duncan won his first championship. Maybe this lockout will get him is last championship as he goes out as a champion.

I would not mind seeing that happen again.

Decent playground baller

Love Duncan.

First time I saw him was in college in the mid-90s. I was at UMass when Duncan and Wake Forest rolled into town. UMass took the game and Marcus Camby appeared to win the individual match-up.

Hard to believe that the two were considered equals at the time.

College superstar

[QUOTE=DMV2]

The greatest power forward of all-time and by the end of his career, he might go down as the greatest big man to have ever play the game. Very versatile, offensively and defensively.
    QUOTE]

Agree with everything but the bolded part. I honestly do not see Duncan's rank changing from where it is today. He's normally anywhere from 7-11 on most people's list. I really don't see him accomplishing much more after age 35 that will move his ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    The greatest power forward of all-time and by the end of his career, he might go down as the greatest big man to have ever play the game. Very versatile, offensively and defensively.
    I love Duncan and great thread but the bolded part is just unrealistic.

I gotta say, I do agree. He does not get enough respect. As a Tim Duncan hatin dude, I gotta give props where props are do; Tim Duncan is among the all-time great PFs in the NBA. Not better than Malone (Karl) but he is among the greats. I will give him the nod above my boy KG...and people know I am a huge Kevin Garnett fan. But I agree, Tim is greatly under appreciated in the league and among non-Spurs fans. Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    I love Duncan and great thread but the bolded part is just unrealistic.
    If you don't buy fairy tales, why not? Not as career accomplishments but just as individual player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    Agree with everything but the bolded part. I honestly do not see Duncan's rank changing from where it is today. He's normally anywhere from 7-11 on most people's list. I really don't see him accomplishing much more after age 35 that will move his ranking.
    Skills-wise, Duncan is better than Shaq and probably Wilt too(also a bigger winner than Wilt). Numbers-wise, he's better than Russell.

Numbers, championships, defense and his ability to score from any spot of the floor should put him in the discussion among the all-time PF/C greats.

Maybe it's because he's near the end of his career but I'm actually starting to reevaluate his spot on my Top 10 list. I'm thinking of discrediting what Wilt and Russell did in their eras and just put Shaq and Duncan above them because the game has gotten so much better since the 80's.

very underappreciated.

love everything about him from his game to his character.

very funny dude as well. and I heard his wife is very beautiful; damn, now I hate his life

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    very underappreciated.

love everything about him from his game to his character.

very funny dude as well. and I heard his wife is very beautiful; damn, now I hate his life
    Tim with wifey and former Spurs center Mengke Bateer.

What a lucky guy.

She got married with famous millionaire family man. Which one is moe lucky?

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Unappreciated by non-Spurs fans? Well, you better start with your own fans.. just visit Spurstalk, and you'll see what I mean.

I've liked his game a lot for years.

Always thought he was one the most clutch players in the game. He's head and shoulders above a lot other power forwards in the game.

If he was in any other major market (like say New York), people would probably be arguing him Top 5 of all-time.

Decent playground baller

he has kept the spurs relevant all these years
    take him away & spurs are a lottery team