Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron + Wade Don't Like Or Respect Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    I don't know if you guys remember but when USC played Oregon Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Melo, & CP3 were at the game. Everyone but Kobe was hanging out together. I think Kobe is really cool with Melo but everyone else he doesn't really care about. One of the reasons I didn't really want CP3 on the Lakers. One of Lebron's BFFs playing with a person he is jealous of.

That doesn't mean anything.

Kobe's also the old guy of the group. Who's still around during the 95-97 draft class producing like he is?

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LeBron likes Kobe. Stop making shit up. Just because Kobe fans and LeBron fans hate each other doesn't mean LeBron and Kobe do in real life.
    Yea, because they took a picture together is proof they like each other.

I think there is a substantial enough resentment shared between Kobe and LeBron / Wade

As well as there should be. Both Kobe, LeBron, and Wade have all taken subliminal shots at each other through media.

I'm sure on certain levels they respect him, but they certainly aren't buddies.

Nor should they be ... they both stand in the way of each other's legacies. They are forced to be nice due to their similar Nike affiliation, but I wouldn't have it any other way than both be willing to take each other DOWN when it comes to basketball.

Only a pussay would want everyone to be friends. Where is the entertainment in that? They both stand in each other's way for what they want ... warriors need to duke it out.

Look at these homos dressing similar ... jesus.

Now, this generation of players there is genuine friendships. They all like each other.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    Yea, because they took a picture together is proof they like each other.

I think there is a substantial enough resentment shared between Kobe and LeBron / Wade

As well as there should be. Both Kobe, LeBron, and Wade have all taken subliminal shots at each other through media.

I'm sure on certain levels they respect him, but they certainly aren't buddies.

Nor should they be ... they both stand in the way of each other's legacies. They are forced to be nice due to their similar Nike affiliation, but I wouldn't have it any other way than both be willing to take each other DOWN when it comes to basketball.

Only a pussay would want everyone to be friends. Where is the entertainment in that? They both stand in each other's way for what they want ... warriors need to duke it out.

Look at these homos dressing similar ... jesus.

Now, this generation of players there is genuine friendships. They all like each other.
    Exactly looking like a damn boy band. CP3 on the Lakers would have been annoying.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by ballashotcalla
    That doesn't mean anything.

Kobe's also the old guy of the group. Who's still around during the 95-97 draft class producing like he is?
    What does being older have to do with hanging out at a game?

I don't know if you guys remember but when USC played Oregon Kobe, Wade, Lebron, Melo, & CP3 were at the game. Everyone but Kobe was hanging out together. I think Kobe is really cool with Melo but everyone else he doesn't really care about. One of the reasons I didn't really want CP3 on the Lakers. One of Lebron's BFFs playing with a person he is jealous of.

uh!? Is lebron and wade wearing the same clothes? Awwwkward....

Wade is jelly of Kobe...

What does being older have to do with hanging out at a game?
    That picture not including Kobe means absolutely anything.

I'm talking about being friends off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    uh!? Is lebron and wade wearing the same clothes? Awwwkward....
    They wore the same nerd glasses at all star weekend.

The but buddies even go shopping together.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Extempo
    One of the most retarded posts in ISH history. It's so embarrassing, I don't even know what to say. I understand we shouldn't take these blind Kobe-hating trolls seriously but all I have to say is...Kobe is already a top 5 scoring leader of all-time...Wade is not even in the top 100. He has 1 ring thanks to generous help from the refs. He doesn't have range, his game relies on athleticism (and refs). He doesn't have anything close to the amazing individual performances Kobe had in his prime...multiple 40+ and 50+ games in a row, 81 points, 62 in 3 quarters, most game-winners, etc etc etc. MJ himself said Kobe is the only one worth comparison to him. Wade is not even in the same atmosphere.
    wow, your first sentence puts me in some very elite company.

I understand that in terms of accolades and stats, Kobe CRUSHES Wade.
    But there is another aspect to basketball called "watching the game".

I've watched each of them throughout their career. Kobe has some of the best footwork/skills of anyone I've ever seen, but as an overall player, I never felt that he stood head and shoulders above Wade. Prime Dwyane Wade- even 2011 Finals Wade-- was an absolute assassin. And unlike Kobe, I rarely watched him and thought, "wow, that was a terrible basketball decision. what a terrible teammate and selfish chucker."

In my eyes, the Lakers won championships in spite of Kobe, whereas the Heat success was only possible because of Dwyane Wade.

With the exception of Kobe's MVP season (the anomaly year when he suddenly had high basketball IQ) half his possessions left me scratching my head. Maybe I am retarded, like you said, but I've never felt that Kobe greatly surpassed Wade as a player. Kobe's legacy trumps Wade's, but all excess crap removed, the difference isn't as substantial as most posters here, and the media, will lead you to think.

p.s. I found it funny that you said, "...I don't even know what to say" then proceeded to write a bulky paragraph. but that's irrelevant.

p.s.s. I know MJ is the GOAT, but his time with Charlotte has proven he is not the best gauge of talent.
    Last edited by FindingTim; 02-28-2012 at 11:25 PM.

I too think the argument between Wade and Kobe is a lot closer than Lakers fans would like to admit. It's funny because both are basically clones of different versions of the Jordan mantle. And both are like two different aspects to Jordan, himself. I actually think Wade has CLEARLY been the better playoff / Finals performer in comparison to Kobe.

Both of their legacies at the end of the day will be fighting for the #2 SG spot all-time. And Kobe fans may not like hearing this, but even taking resumes into account, Wade won't be that far behind if he starts winning rings w/ LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

Kobe fans should focus less on the Jordan comparison, which they will NEVER reach. And focus and fear more Wade's ascension on the all-time ranks. Wade is rising. Kobe has plateaued.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    I too think the argument between Wade and Kobe is a lot closer than Lakers fans would like to admit. It's funny because both are basically clones of different versions of the Jordan mantle. And both are like two different aspects to Jordan, himself. I actually think Wade has CLEARLY been the better playoff / Finals performer in comparison to Kobe.

Both of their legacies at the end of the day will be fighting for the #2 SG spot all-time. And Kobe fans may not like hearing this, but even taking resumes into account, Wade won't be that far behind if he starts winning rings w/ LeBron James and Chris Bosh.

Kobe fans should focus less on the Jordan comparison, which they will NEVER reach. And focus and fear more Wade's ascension on the all-time ranks. Wade is rising. Kobe has plateaued.
    It's kinda like when they killed Superman and then brought back 4 different "Superman" clones ... Kobe is one version of Jordan, Wade is another, LeBron is another, Melo is another , but none of them are quite as good.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Off the court, I think they are all great friends. On the court, it's wayyy different and it should stay that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    It's kinda like when they killed Superman and then brought back 4 different "Superman" clones ... Kobe is one version of Jordan, Wade is another, LeBron is another, Melo is another , but none of them are quite as good.
    LOL I loved that storyline as a kid ... but ummm, yes that actually is a VERY apt comparison.

Learning to shoot layups War Machine's Avatar

Unless LBJ goes down with some fluke career-ending injury, safe to say when all is said and done he'll rank higher than Kobe on the all-time list. LBJ is just that special of a player. Kobe is also special, of course, just not on the same plateau as LeBron.

Wade, perhaps he'll finish his career a Top 50 player of all-time. More than likely he will, especially if him and the Heat rack up some titles. On a side note taking Kobe out of the picture here for a moment, the people who say Wade > LBJ really makes me SMH. Stop, just stop it already.

Anyone and everyone "respects" Kobe Bryant. There's no getting around that. He's a class act, and easily one of the greatest of all time.