Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: The Four Permanent Members of G.O.A.T. Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    The very fact that the OP started a GOAT thread, then turned right around and tried to include Lin, only after a few games. Tells me all I need to know about his level of understanding of the game. He really has none.

Moving on
    That was a JOKE you damn baffoon!!!!

Another quality post from the makers of LakersReign, Make it REIGN Lakers REIGN!!!

The very fact that the OP started a GOAT thread, then turned right around and tried to include Lin, only after a few games. Tells me all I need to know about his level of understanding of the game. He really has none.

Moving on
    It was a joke pal

I don't think Wilt doesn't belong there.
    Permanent Members of G.O.A.T. Discussion
    If I'm going to use that adjective, I say there would be 3 names. Not 4.
    Kareem, Jordan, Russell.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It was a joke pal
    Yeah....sure....uh huh....right. Of course it was AFTER you made yourself look stupid

Try again

Yeah....sure....uh huh....right. Of course it was AFTER you made yourself look stupid

Try again

notsureifsrs

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    Kareem, Jordan, Russell.
    Yeah, I don't disagree with this notion either.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

[QUOTE=B

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    Kareem, Jordan, Russell.
    Wilt has as many entrees in the NBA record books as those guys have in their entire collective accolades. The rift between his individual basketball talent and everyone else is absolutely massive. He has 2 rings from MVP and MVP worthy seasons that he was Finals MVP for both times as he commanded two of the greatest teams in NBA history. His the rings are certainly much fewer in # than the other 3 I mentioned but they are but a complimentary piece of reasoning why Wilt is in the discussion. Out of all his peers and contemporaries that were involved in his era and that still are involved in the NBA today, he simply awestruck them with his basketball ability and to this day they talk about him almost unanimously as the greatest player of both his generation and the generations that followed. Inside hoops is mostly a young fanbase - they see rings as greatness. And they use his stats against him whether he had a lot or a little. If he had a lot he was a "stat-hog" if he had a little he was "choking" - neither is true in the context of his time. He was just flat out the MDE - asked to change his role on several teams.

Being the MDE means your a permanent member of the GOAT discussion.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-28-2012 at 05:14 PM.

How come lakers reign posts normally sometimes and then rants others. He's a lunatic. Bet he won't even address this I already posted a link showing he either bipolar or trolling

Only permanent member : Jordan. Greatest stats,records,championships in modern basketball. He had 6 championships in his last 6 seasons as Bulls player. 6 FMVPs and clear cut best player in the league.Jordan killed competition in 90's. Only Shaq had similar seasons for 3 seasons since Jordan retired.

If we are going with being better player, Wilt & Russell doesn't belong there. Players couldn't even use their left hand back then. Wilt was having 50 & 25 season. Rookie PG had 30,10&10 season.Russel had 14 ppg (44%) in such era.Also he was playing with best players in league with a few teams.

Kareem has better case than Wilt & Russell.However he wasn't even best player in his later championships.He has 2 FMVP in 5 championships.

People are trying hard to make a discussion. There is no other player has better overall impact,success,skills than Jordan.

Jordan is at top 3 in every list about greatest athletes of all time. (others are Ali,Ruth)

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy

notsureifsrs

He's serious alright....seriously RETARDED....

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Only permanent member : Jordan. Greatest stats,records,championships in modern basketball. He had 6 championships in his last 6 seasons as Bulls player. 6 FMVPs and clear cut best player in the league.Jordan killed competition in 90's. Only Shaq had similar seasons for 3 seasons since Jordan retired.

If we are going with being better player, Wilt & Russell doesn't belong there. Players couldn't even use their left hand back then. Wilt was having 50 & 25 season. Rookie PG had 30,10&10 season.Russel had 14 ppg (44%) in such era.Also he was playing with best players in league with a few teams.

Kareem has better case than Wilt & Russell.However he wasn't even best player in his later championships.He has 2 FMVP in 5 championships.

People are trying hard to make a discussion. There is no other player has better overall impact,success,skills than Jordan.

Jordan is at top 3 in every list about greatest athletes of all time. (others are Ali,Ruth)
    Brainwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    [B]

Oh... no left hand?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvMq-eX_pNw

And Wilt played against MVP Kareem, and dominated him individually in the '71 series and carried his crippled Laker's much farther than the sum of their parts against the most dominant team in NBA history - the '71 Bucks - despite being 10 years older than Kareem Or did you forget that Kareem played against Wilt? - sounds like the NBA only existed from 1980 and on, right?
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Where the hell is Kobe? And whose the first and last clown?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Where the hell is Kobe? And whose the first and last clown?
    Read the **EDIT** in the topic... incomplete list, not a closed list. Those listed are simply 4 players that should always be in GOAT discussions. Doesn't mean they're the only ones that should always be in discussion. You can build your case for a variety of other players. Also note I haven't ranked these guys or tried to put them in a particular order I'm just saying they should always be in the discussion. I like Kobe, I personally wait for active players to finish their career's before ranking in "GOAT" list but hey - your more than free to anchor him in your GOAT discussions as a permanent fixture he's got 5 rings he's doin a good job - no big deal.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-28-2012 at 05:34 PM.