Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: Would you rather play with Pippen and Rodman or Wade and Bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    I see no one is questioning the obvious. Which era of the NBA do these guys get to play in...Pippen and Rodman's tougher era or this lame ass era where players flop on offense and get rewarded with free throws? The way the game is called now with offensive players taking a dive anytime they can to get a whistle Rodman wouldn't be as effective. He'd still be a great rebounder but as a man defender he would probably foul out by the first half. Same goes for Pippen. His man defense would suffer but his team/help defense probably gets even better since he doesn't have to worry about illegal defense anymore. Pippen's offense also receives a boost since the defense isn't the same it used to be.

On the flipside could Bosh handle Rodman's era and still be the same player? I don't think so. Is Wade going to average 9-11 free throws a game to inflate his scoring average in the 90's? I doubt it. Refs weren't giving out free throws like candy back then the way they are now. They didn't bail players out for screaming like bitches or snapping their necks back and all the other bullshit theatrics players pull these days. We're talking about completely different eras these guys played in and it would certainly effect the way they play and their stats. I don't know why anyone hasn't taken that into consideration.
    Would Pippen and Rodman last in this era where athleticism is almost a necessity? Lets just base it off skill and their production and CLEARLY Wade and Bosh are the obvious choice. Don't take all this bullshit into account and just base it off skill.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    Would Pippen and Rodman last in this era where athleticism is almost a necessity?
    Since when were Pippen and Rodman NOT athletic?

rank sentamentalist

i would love to see Dennis Rodman man up h2h against Chris Bosh... i'm a fan of cb4, but the unraveling would be absolutely hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    i would love to see Dennis Rodman man up h2h against Chris Bosh... i'm a fan of cb4, but the unraveling would be hilarious
    CB4 might get into Rodman's homo type tactics, though. Bosh is questionable.

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    What does that mean? Do you think prime Wade was better than prime Pippen or not? If you could start a franchise with '09 Wade or '94 Pippen, who would you choose?
    Pippen all the way. And I don't think you can compare players who's games are different based off one of the players strengths. Saying wade was better cuz he's the better scorer is dumb. Id choose pippen cuz he brings more to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    I see no one is questioning the obvious. Which era of the NBA do these guys get to play in...Pippen and Rodman's tougher era or this lame ass era where players flop on offense and get rewarded with free throws? The way the game is called now with offensive players taking a dive anytime they can to get a whistle Rodman wouldn't be as effective. He'd still be a great rebounder but as a man defender he would probably foul out by the first half. Same goes for Pippen. His man defense would suffer but his team/help defense probably gets even better since he doesn't have to worry about illegal defense anymore. Pippen's offense also receives a boost since the defense isn't the same it used to be.

On the flipside could Bosh handle Rodman's era and still be the same player? I don't think so. Is Wade going to average 9-11 free throws a game to inflate his scoring average in the 90's? I doubt it. Refs weren't giving out free throws like candy back then the way they are now. They didn't bail players out for screaming like bitches or snapping their necks back and all the other bullshit theatrics players pull these days. We're talking about completely different eras these guys played in and it would certainly effect the way they play and their stats. I don't know why anyone hasn't taken that into consideration.
    Extremely valid points

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    CB4 might get into Rodman's homo type tactics, though. Bosh is questionable.

Lol

Hey swoosh, let me ask you a question. Which loss was worse. The heat losing to the mavs last year or the blazers losing to the lakers in 00?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Hey swoosh, let me ask you a question. Which loss was worse. The heat losing to the mavs last year or the blazers losing to the lakers in 00?
    Blazers losing ... they were stomping on the Lakers for 3 quarters. They were a quarter away from winning and still choked. Actually less than a quarter away from winning.

The Heat only won 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by SwooshReturns
    Blazers losing ... they were stomping on the Lakers for 3 quarters. They were a quarter away from winning and still choked. Actually less than a quarter away from winning.

The Heat only won 2 games.
    Lol what? Didn't the wade led, no prime wade led heat choke away a 15 or 16 lead in the 4th themselves? In miami, no less. Weren't the heat the favorites? The blazers werent. Didn't the heat have a 2-1 series lead? Come on.

High School Starter

Pippen all the way. And I don't think you can compare players who's games are different based off one of the players strengths. Saying wade was better cuz he's the better scorer is dumb. Id choose pippen cuz he brings more to the table.
    How many times are you gonna ignore the fact that Wade is just CLEARLY the better player. 30-7-5 is just scoring to you? Pippen never had a season close to this. God you're beyond retarded.

NBA rookie of the year

I wonder if Phil Jackson would draw up a game winner for Toni Kukoc in a playoff game over Dwyane Wade? Doubt it.

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

Wade and Bosh.. Pippen and Rodman are too old to play anyways

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    How many times are you gonna ignore the fact that Wade is just CLEARLY the better player. 30-7-5 is just scoring to you? Pippen never had a season close to this. God you're beyond retarded.
    This.

Lol what? Didn't the wade led, no prime wade led heat choke away a 15 or 16 lead in the 4th themselves?
    In game 2 ... and the rest of the series Wade BALLED HARD. LeBron just tucked his sack in and didn't play for the duration of the series.

Portland was less than a quarter away from winning the series, but the team had absolutely NO closers.

You can't be this much of a homer, can you?

In miami, no less. Weren't the heat the favorites? The blazers werent. Didn't the heat have a 2-1 series lead? Come on.
    Miami was favorites. They lost because LeBron showed up for one game ... and that's it.

The Blazers weren't underdogs. People were split on who was going to win that series from the start.

2 - 1 series lead still requires 2 more wins to end the series.

The Blazers were less than a quarter away with a HUGE lead to seal the deal and couldn't.

It's not even close, the Blazers choke job was MUCH worse.