Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Would you rather play with Pippen and Rodman or Wade and Bosh?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Dude, comprehend. the reason the US allowed nba talent was due to russia beating the US in 88. Now unless you feel russia was good enough to beat the dream team, why hold it against kukoc?

Kukoc never made an allstar game cuz he spent most of his prime with the bulls. By 99 he was 30. Then hehe was tradedthe to phillythe with iverson. Who was a blackhole and they didn't mesh well. Then he moved on to atlanta. With altlanta, he finished that season avg 20/6/6 on 49%. Then he got hurt. By that time he was 33.
    I'm not holding that against Kukoc. Sabonis was the leader of a gold medal team that beat the most dominant country of that sport even during that time. Kukoc was not and its ridiculously stupid to assume they would've beaten the US, even if they didn't have NBA talent. You also do realize that it was Kukoc's team that lost to Sabonis in the gold medal game right?

7-time NBA All-Star

You said kukoc could never do what bosh did. My point was that with comparable talent/help, he could've done much better. Do you disagree?
    Look at the first bolded part and then ask yourself if you even needed to ask the second bolded part.

Of course I disagree, I don't think he's getting the '07, '08 or '10 Raptors to equal/better records than Bosh did. I simply consider Bosh a better player, most would agree. I'm not even a Bosh fan either, never have been. It's just clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Look at the first bolded part and then ask yourself if you even needed to ask the second bolded part.

Of course I disagree, I don't think he's getting the '07, '08 or '10 Raptors to equal/better records than Bosh did. I simply consider Bosh a better player, most would agree. I'm not even a Bosh fan either, never have been. It's just clear to me.
    Ignorance is bliss I guess. You dont want to believe it. There's no way you really can say that with better players and weaker competition like what the the raptor faced in the east, that kukocs record with the bulls doesn't improve. Your too good of a poster for that. I mean the bulls starting lineup was

Randy Brown
    Ron Harper (35 year old harper)
    Brent Barry
    Kukoc
    Mark Bryant

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    I'm not holding that against Kukoc. Sabonis was the leader of a gold medal team that beat the most dominant country of that sport even during that time. Kukoc was not and its ridiculously stupid to assume they would've beaten the US, even if they didn't have NBA talent. You also do realize that it was Kukoc's team that lost to Sabonis in the gold medal game right?
    Wait a minute, why is it rediculoulsy stupid? Kukoc was 19-20 years old during that 88 olympics. His croation team lost to the greatest team ever in 92. Theres no doubt in my mind that the 92 croatian team was better than the US mens team of 88. You think the 88 russian national team would've beat the dreamteam?

3-time NBA All-Star

Wait a minute, why is it rediculoulsy stupid? Kukoc was 19-20 years old during that 88 olympics. His croation team lost to the greatest team ever in 92. Theres no doubt in my mind that the 92 croatian team was better than the US mens team of 88. You think the 88 russian national team would've beat the dreamteam?
    What the hell are you bringing up the dream team for? I'm not talking about them. Why is there no doubt in your mind they would've beaten the 88 team? This was 1988, not 2006. The foreign game was worlds behind the US at the time. Arvydas Sabonis was the only guy from overseas at the time that people thought could really dominate the US game as well. He is much more highly regarded in basketball history then Toni Kukoc.

What the hell are you bringing up the dream team for? I'm not talking about them. Why is there no doubt in your mind they would've beaten the 88 team? This was 1988, not 2006. The foreign game was worlds behind the US at the time. Arvydas Sabonis was the only guy from overseas at the time that people thought could really dominate the US game as well. He is much more highly regarded in basketball history then Toni Kukoc.
    By 88, it was obvious that the world was good enough to beat the US amateurs. Which was why we sent the dreamteam in 92. Your saying that sabonis was better than kukoc cuz his russian team won the gold in 88. Im saying the croatian team that won the silver in 92, would've also won the gold in 88. But id agree that an uninjured prime sabonis was far better than kukoc.

Hey guy. In your opinion, which was worse. The blazers losing to the lakers in 00? Or the heat losing to dallas last year. And why

3-time NBA All-Star

Hey guy. In your opinion, which was worse. The blazers losing to the lakers in 00? Or the heat losing to dallas last year. And why
    I don't know. On one hand the argument against the Heat is that they were at home and ended up losing in less games. On the other hand the argument against the Blazers is that that actually ended up deciding the series while in the Heat's case there was still plenty of the series left. I guess I'll go with the Heat cause they literally had two of the best players in the league and still let that happen. In the Blazers' case there was nowhere near anyone as good as Lebron or Wade, in fact the team they lost to clearly had the two best players between both teams in Shaq and Kobe. The Heat were also heavy favorites while the Blazers were not.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Paxson didn't say that. And he scored all 9 points cuz he took all but 3 shots in the fourth. If I remember correct the bulls took 18 shots in that fourth quarter. Pippen took 2 shots paxson hit the game winner and jordan took the rest.
    Can anyone who watched the whole fourth quarter tell me WHY MJ took all but 3 shots? It's clear as day.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 02-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Realist
    Can anyone who watched the whole fourth quarter tell me WHY MJ took all but 3 shots? It's clear as day.
    Im not arguing against jordan taking every shot. But the picture that's often painted somehow results in acting as if the bulls outside of jordan were 1-15 or something of that nature.

I don't know. On one hand the argument against the Heat is that they were at home and ended up losing in less games. On the other hand the argument against the Blazers is that that actually ended up deciding the series while in the Heat's case there was still plenty of the series left. I guess I'll go with the Heat cause they literally had two of the best players in the league and still let that happen. In the Blazers' case there was nowhere near anyone as good as Lebron or Wade, in fact the team they lost to clearly had the two best players between both teams in Shaq and Kobe. The Heat were also heavy favorites while the Blazers were not.
    Fair assesment.