Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Should Lin demand that the Knicks trade Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    GTFOH
    You're an idiot if you think NBA owners aren't businessmen first and foremost. Lin's jersey is #1 seller in the world. China is a huge, mostly untapped market for the NBA and they are going nuts for Lin. People who never watched basketball in their life are now NYK fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    I would actually like to see his points more around 15, and the assists at 10 or 11.
    Depends. If he continues scoring at +50% then he should keep at it.

Oh but, stupid fking thread.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Dolan would trade Lin before he traded Melo.

True story.
    IDK, 300 million says not a chance.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You're an idiot if you think NBA owners aren't businessmen first and foremost. Lin's jersey is #1 seller in the world. China is a huge, mostly untapped market for the NBA and they are going nuts for Lin. People who never watched basketball in their life are now NYK fans.
    Trading for Melo was Dolan's deal. He's not trading him unless he is getting Lebron back.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    IDK, 300 million says not a chance.
    Melo is our true superstar. He's not trading away a proven player, rather than a guy who may be a flash in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    Not just China, but literally the whole world, you look at his videos on youtube, it's being viewed all over, ironically, it's actually lower in Asia (given China blocks Youtube), Chinese people didn't like Yao cause his height got him in the NBA, people couldnt identify with him and made fun of him, Guards/Wing players are always more marketable, which is why even during the Yao's hay days, Kobe, Tmac and Iverson always topped him in merchandise sales in China, and contrary to common belief, Kobe and Tmac always topped Yao in All-Star voting in Asia Region, but now they got a wing player who is exciting to watch repping them, he's going to move merchandise all over the world, I wouldn't be surprised if he tops jersey sale in the states and asia for the season.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

melo just sucks, cant even make wide open shots

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Reality here is 17 and 9 is more appropriate from a star PG. He needs to play more like Nash and less like Rose if the Knicks want to go further in playoffs. A PG should never be relied on to score 25-30 points nightly especially when you have all the offensive weapons the Knicks have.
    Agreed.

Have we ever agreed before?(srs)

Quote Originally Posted by June1026
    Not just China, but literally the whole world, you look at his videos on youtube, it's being viewed all over, ironically, it's actually lower in Asia (given China blocks Youtube), Chinese people didn't like Yao cause his height got him in the NBA and people made fun of him, Guards/Wing players are always more marketable, which is why even during the days of Yao, Kobe and Tmac and Iverson always topped him in merchandise sales in China, and contrary to common belief, Kobe and Tmac always topped Yao in All-Star voting in Asia Region, but now they got a wing player who is exciting to watch repping them, he's going to move merchandise all over the world, I wouldn't be surprised if he tops jersey sale in the states for the season.
    Thats BS.

Yao says he still cant even leave his house in Shanghai because of the fan craze.

College star

Melo is our true superstar. He's not trading away a proven player, rather than a guy who may be a flash in the pan.
    LOL melos not s a superstar he is an all star player

wow still?

Trading for Melo was Dolan's deal. He's not trading him unless he is getting Lebron back.
    This.

I don't post much, but I would like to touch on this topic.

There is no way they will trade Lin this year. He will get a huge contract next year. He has proven himself a valuable point guard in this highly skilled pg league. Plus, the ticket sales have went even higher. His jersey is selling like girl scout mint cookers. There is no way you trade him. In fact, I would trade Melo first. Melo has proven how bad of a player he is this year with Tyson and Amare. He is shooting under 40%...

It's all about how you build a team. I'm sorry, but you can't center a team around Melo. This Lin guy. He is the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by June1026
    wow still?
    I think he is a legit player, but can he get a once through the league before we anoint him?

Quote Originally Posted by az00m
    I don't post much, but I would like to touch on this topic.

There is no way they will trade Lin this year. He will get a huge contract next year. He has proven himself a valuable point guard in this highly skilled pg league. Plus, the ticket sales have went even higher. His jersey is selling like girl scout mint cookers. There is no way you trade him. In fact, I would trade Melo first. Melo has proven how bad of a player he is this year with Tyson and Amare. He is shooting under 40%...

It's all about how you build a team. I'm sorry, but you can't center a team around Melo. This Lin guy. He is the real deal.
    The most he can make is $5 million next year.