Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Default Re: My Dad Says Bird Is Overrated

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    your dads right

its the hgh generation of superhumans

birds slow unathletic semi gut having no arm definition and no dunking ability... he would be turned into a spot up shooter and good play maker at best...

he wouldnt be taking people off the dribble or finishing inside like he did in the 80's when teams played little deference and some teams averaged 120ppg

the game evolves... i take nothing away from their accomplishments... birds top 5-6 player all time.

people hold onto the past way too much and think with their hearts... i'm sure 30-40 years from now i'l be the same and trying to prove kobe is better than any current player... blindly watching 10 guys in the league built like lebron and shooting like reggie/ray ray and dunking from the three point line LOL

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Your dad is at the very least a true moron, and is much more likely, a total racist.
    Thats hysterical coming from someone that watches garbage Euro games. What would you know about the NBA after watching that watered down crap? I bet you are a big fan of soccer also hahaha

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    i see like 10 guys every day at the ymca that look like larry bird...

people jump over them and shove their nuts in their face

imagine what an nba player would do to larry

the 80s sucked... entertaining yes... but legit? no

no defense... only 1 guy who could do everything ( jordan )

and mostly just a bunch of guys who had to injure people in order to stop them defensively..

dominated by slow unathletic twigs..

pathetic compared to today IMO

but like i said before... i'm sure in 30 years todays nba will look like crap aswell
    Just STFU. Stop trolling. Bird would score 100 points on you while blindfolded and his shoes tied together. There will never be another Larry Bird. Larry Bird is timeless. Larry Legend would score 30 ppg with ease today. Let me guess you're black... ****ing idiot.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    So now you're arguing something else. Bird was clear and obvious MVP for three straight years.

To answer the different argument you're making. Other than Jordan, I would put Bird's peak up there with any player since 1980. As the dominant player on a team that won 192 regular season games and 43 playoff games in three years. And an all-around player. Yeah, I'd take Bird.

Not arguing something else.

When you see that since 1980 nobody else got 3 straight mvps, including the man who you acknowledged that had a peak greater than Bird's, you start seeing my point.

Even after MJ got over the hump..and 3 peated twice....no 3 consecutive mvp awards....duncan neither

like i said, 3-4 legit contenders each year....even when mj OWNED the league....never won 3 straight

thanks for helping my side of the argument..

So what is your point? Bird didn't deserve thee straight MVPs or Bird played in a weak ear or what? What is your actually point?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Thats hysterical coming from someone that watches garbage Euro games. What would you know about the NBA after watching that watered down crap? I bet you are a big fan of soccer also hahaha
    80s NBA > 90s NBA > current Euroleague > current NBA.

I don't consider anyone that thinks otherwise to have the first freaking clue about basketball.

Not airballing my layups anymore

haha euroleague;)
    ur a joke euroleague, nobody is taking u serious if u say those things over and over again.
    im confused...ive thought europeans are close to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    80s NBA > 90s NBA > current Euroleague > current NBA.

I don't consider anyone that thinks otherwise to have the first freaking clue about basketball.
    when team spain(who isn't comprised of the best european players) takes the best of the best nba players to a very close game to the end in the gold medal game .. this statement has more credibility than nba homers would like to admit

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    when team spain(who isn't comprised of the best european players) takes the best of the best nba players to a very close game to the end in the gold medal game .. this statement has more credibility than nba homers would like to admit
    So you are telling me there's a better player than LBJ for example, playing in Europe?

Shutting down your thread with knowledge and intelligence DJ Leon Smith's Avatar

Who are the athletic beasts who led the NBA in rebounds and blocked shots last season?

P.S. Op, your dad is a fggt. Sorry that you've got two dads who like to suck each other's balls. Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll find a nice gentleman to marry soon.

P.P.S. Jeff, another A+ thread.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Leon Smith
    Who are the athletic beasts who led the NBA in rebounds and blocked shots last season?

P.S. Op, your dad is a fggt. Sorry that you've got two dads who like to suck each other's balls. Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll find a nice gentleman to marry soon.

P.P.S. Jeff, another A+ thread.

You done talking about dudes, gayboy?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Because all of this you complain about here, is EXACTLY what you do whenever any Euroleague players are mentioned.
    Feel free to point out any euroleague players whos games ive ever claimed to know. The last time I can remember even speaking to you about the euroleague was me asking you something about sarunas jasikevicius because I was briefly interested in him after watching the 04 olympics.

Who could you even be talking about?

What...you talking about numbers in euroleague games of players to have also played in the NBA? Not sure where you were going with that.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 02-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

At least 7 players on the 08 Spanish national team were at the itme, currently are, or have recently been....nba players. And one im not counting was on the Jazz for 4 years. No less than 8 of their players are or have been NBA level(maybe call it 7 since Rubio was so far away). So im not sure how a group of many NBA players staying close to a group of better NBA players proves something about the euroleague vs the NBA. You would have a point if you had said Greece who didnt have many nba players or maye even that Puerto Rican team that beat us ones in 04(though they had a couple nba players). But im not sure how many of either countries teams are even in the euro league.

But spain? That was a lot of NBA level players vs other NBA players. 5 of the 7 players on spain to play over 18 minutes in that game were nba players(unless again...you choose not to count rubio).

my dad is a black man who dickrides Bird.

Your dad is gay